*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Airfare for July 2013

Discussion in 'European Timesharing' started by zora, Oct 24, 2012.

1. zora

zora TUG Member

We are planning to spend two weeks in Paris and London during the dog days of next summer, July/August, 2013. I haven't been to Europe in about 20 years and we want to take the teenagers. Right now the airfare is horrible.
    What month is a good time to buy our airfare? Also, because we live in Honolulu is it better/cheaper to buy r/t tickets to the west coast/east coast and then buy a separate set of tickets to Europe or to just get r/t tickets from Honolulu ?
    Any information would be appreciated.

2. Carolinian

Carolinian Guest

I would price it both ways. Sometimes there are quirks in pricing.

You might also want to look at LCC's like Condor and Icelandair, also legacy airline that is trying to be an LCC Aer Lingus. Also quasi-LCC Air Berlin (now a One World member where you can earn AA miles) bought German LCC LTU a couple of years ago and has been offering TATL flights at good prices.

I got good prices for a personal TATL trip this past summer on AA fairly close in, but sometimes it is hard to predict pricing. I was surprised and pleased at how cheap the fare was.

Also keep an eye on the Milage Run board at www.flyertalk.com where good prices that members find get posted. Most are airline sales, but some are mistake fares that you need to jump on before an airline pulls them.

3. zora

zora TUG Member

Thank you. I will check the websites for these airlines.

4. x3 skier

x3 skier Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

There used to be and still may be a place on Farecompare.com that showed the past fares over time for any route. Even if it is gone, the site is a good one for fare hunting

I don't have the link but you might poke around on the site and see if you can find it. Since a sale may pop up at anytime, the values on the chart are not absolute but it could give you an idea about times when sales happened in the past as well as the level of prices in summer compared to previous years.

Sorry I can't give you the link but if I run across it in my rambles through the web, I will repost.

Cheers

5. zora

zora TUG Member

X3 skier, thank you. I found the link and have started monitoring the flights. From what I read on flyer talk it sounds like the fares won't go down until 1to 2 months before departure. Except if there's a glitch. So I'll just have to keep an eye on it. Thx again.:)