• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

advice on selling

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I think I finally have it straight in my head.

One more question you might be able to answer for me. Do owners who bought resale always have to pay for transaction fees, housekeeping credits and guest confirmations or do they get some free based on the total number of points they own or per deed. I do remember years ago before we owned enough points to be VIP that I had to pay attention to the number of transactions and housekeeping credits but it has been so many years that I don't remember how that worked either.

Same fees as any non-VIP member.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
We do get some free. I believe it's 1 GC per year per account, 1 RT per 77k points per calendar year, and HK credits based on the number of points owned, which don't become an issue unless you do many short stays.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do get some free. I believe it's 1 GC per year per account, 1 RT per 77k points per calendar year, and HK credits based on the number of points owned, which don't become an issue unless you do many short stays.

The same benefits retail owners get, unless they are certain VIP levels.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks, I think I finally have it straight in my head.

One more question you might be able to answer for me. Do owners who bought resale always have to pay for transaction fees, housekeeping credits and guest confirmations or do they get some free based on the total number of points they own or per deed. I do remember years ago before we owned enough points to be VIP that I had to pay attention to the number of transactions and housekeeping credits but it has been so many years that I don't remember how that worked either.

You only get 1 GC per year. I am not clear on whether that's per contract or for all contracts. So if you have 5 contracts, do you get five GCs or just one? Maybe someone else can answer that.

I have a developer contract where I get 1 housekeeping credit per 1k points I own. I don't know if resale is the same. I would like to know as well.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You only get 1 GC per year. I am not clear on whether that's per contract or for all contracts. So if you have 5 contracts, do you get five GCs or just one? Maybe someone else can answer that.

I have a developer contract where I get 1 housekeeping credit per 1k points I own. I don't know if resale is the same. I would like to know as well.

One GC per Member Number per year, unless you are VIP. Resale is the same for housekeeping. Platinum have no limit on free housekeeping.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
One GC per Member Number per year, unless you are VIP. Resale is the same for housekeeping. Platinum have no limit on free housekeeping.
Thanks!

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the helpful information. I will list it in the market place for free but in the mean time if anyone is interested just let me know.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need some help from the experts. Through TUG I found someone who wants these points, so I have the following questions:

- Is there a preferred/commended title company to use ? Approx cost ?

- Someone suggested Gunter , Hayes and Associates anyone know them ?

- I have paid 2017 maintenance fees in full, I then credit pooled the points. Will the points stay in my account ? When I called Wyndham she said I will lose them and the purchaser won't get them. Is that possible even though I paid for them ?

- These are Smoky Mountains UDI points, I just want to confirm because I've never been there that ARP would be in effect for this resort .

- I've never sold before , anything I/we need to know ?

Thank you in advance

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will see LT Transfers recommended a lot here. I've read nothing but good about them. $150-$200. ARP is in effect at every Wyndham resort for UDI owned at that resort.

As far as the Credit Pool, her answer doesn't sound logical to me if it's your last contract, but someone with specific experience here will pipe in.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will see LT Transfers recommended a lot here. I've read nothing but good about them. $150-$200. ARP is in effect at every Wyndham resort for UDI owned at that resort.

As far as the Credit Pool, her answer doesn't sound logical to me if it's your last contract, but someone with specific experience here will pipe in.

I have 1 other contract that I intend to keep.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then she is still incorrect, as I understand it (which I may not). Your Credit Pool balance should stay intact and in your control, as it is detached from the contracts. With this points audit fiasco, who knows, though.

If that is the case, you can agree to make a resv with a GC for the buyer as part of the sale.

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
[

- I have paid 2017 maintenance fees in full, I then credit pooled the points. Will the points stay in my account once I sell that contract? When I called Wyndham she said I will lose them and the purchaser won't get them. Is that possible even though I paid for them ?

Does anyone know the answer to this ?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Is it your only contract? If so, you won't have any access once you sell, but the buyer should get them. If you have more than just this contract, they should stay in your account (but who knows for sure nowadays with Wyndham).

brigian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it your only contract? If so, you won't have any access once you sell, but the buyer should get them. If you have more than just this contract, they should stay in your account (but who knows for sure nowadays with Wyndham).

Yes I have another contract and all my points are pooled.