• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Adding RCI Points to RCI Weeks Account.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I have a Weeks account with an eoy property. If I purchase a property that has been converted to Points will RCI merge into my Weeks account?

I'm looking at Grandview Points ownerships.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Nope. You will get a new RCI Points account, but you do get a free weeks account. I assume that is how it still is. We have owned RCI Points since 2006, so it's been some time since we had to get that separate account.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Yes two separate accounts, i only have a week account. Technically I have a points account, but I never use it.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Yep, what Cindy said. We got an RCI weeks account in the early 80's & when we purchased RCI points 6-8 yrs ago, RCI merged the accounts. We pay 1 RCI membership (but have 2 membership numbers) with access to points &/or weeks.
I kept our log-in similar when setting up the on-line account (with RCI's help) for our "new" account.

~Diane

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Once the RCI points membership is set up, you can get the linked weeks account and ask for a pro-rated refund of whatever time you have left on the paid weeks account. It will be based on what you actually paid so if you had a 5 year membership that you paid $300 and have 14 months remaining your refund would be 300/60 (months)=$5*14= $70 returned.

Heron

TUG Member
Reaction score
You may also be able to PFD (Points for deposit) your weeks resort into points if you want. Depends on the resort rating, size, location and season as to whether it is a good value. Lockoffs can be moved as separate units so they are great for this. My cost per point is as low as Grandview when doing that. Best thing is that I can choose which side to put my weeks resort every year. There is an RCI Points grid that shows you the point value associated to your weeks units.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Ok, here's what I was told. I have a weeks account with RCI. There is a points account attached to my Orange Lake Week. I had another points week at Summer Bay, but was told I would have to open a new points account since OL account,was only for that resort..I no longer have Summer Bay, so point is moot. But feel I was lied to? BTW I have had my own RCI weeks account for years, not connected to any resort.
II charges a fee to ad resorts to your account. From what I have been told RCI doesn't. A few years back, I was rid of 2 timeshares and acquired others, all weeks accounts. Everything is squared away for now. I never use RCI for OL. I find it more useful to convert points to IHG. And have done internal HIVC exchanges too.
Silentg

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ok, here's what I was told. I have a weeks account with RCI. There is a points account attached to my Orange Lake Week. I had another points week at Summer Bay, but was told I would have to open a new points account since OL account,was only for that resort..I no longer have Summer Bay, so point is moot. But feel I was lied to? BTW I have had my own RCI weeks account for years, not connected to any resort.
II charges a fee to ad resorts to your account. From what I have been told RCI doesn't. A few years back, I was rid of 2 timeshares and acquired others, all weeks accounts. Everything is squared away for now. I never use RCI for OL. I find it more useful to convert points to IHG. And have done internal HIVC exchanges too.
Silentg
Orange Lake is a corporate account. You don't pay RCI directly, the fee comes out of your annual dues. The rules are also slightly different with various corporate accounts. I don't know if you were lied to or the person who told you just didn't realize one of the points accounts was corporate with different rules.

If you still have your points account connected to Summer Bay but no longer have the week, you may want to see about cancelling that account and getting the pro-rated membership fee refunded. I am not sure if you can add use your RCI weeks with your corporate OL account but even if you can't the annual fee for an RCI weeks account is less than the annual fee for an RCI points account and RCI weeks memberships have discounted specials for renewals where RCI points memberships do not.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I never opened a points account for Summer Bay