• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not to change the subject, but has there been any positive "movement" on any of the "suspended accounts"?

Thanks for pulling it back to the topic, dagger. "Thumbs up" guy would be proud.

Absolutely no updates for me. No communication from Wyndham except a robo call telling me I had two reservations under the same name that would be cancelled in ten days if no guest fee was paid.

Although I paid my monthly fees today, and after I had paid it found that the computer overcharged me by $198. I haven't called financial services yet, but it appears that they billed me for the two guest confirmations I had this month. What is terrible is that I already paid for both at the time I made the guest name change. In fact I don't think you can add a guest name without paying once you use your allotment.

Kind of interesting that this glitch favors Wyndham. Maybe I should "suspend" their account and prevent them from doing business! Makes me think Wyndham is completely inept when it comes to programming.

Anyone else?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last few days Wyndham has been very poor at responding. Left multiple messages Thursday, Friday and today and call backs apparently did happen but I cannot always be at my phone. The callbacks were not within the hour as advised.

Calling the regular Wyndham number yesterday I am transferred to financial services after requesting to be transferred to owner care. Today I am speaking with an owner care rep and they tell me I have to speak to Steve who has worked on my account before. He calls and tells me he is a VC who cannot help me.

The 1-877 rep said I could not add a guest name to a reservation that started yesterday as it was past the day of check in (is that the law now?) Considering the lack of communication and not being able to add a guest name online (last night after the phone center closes) I should be exempt from that. In the end as it took so long to get the guest name added to the the reservation May 5 - 12 I told him to just add it to May 6 - 13 but note my account that I am being denied access to my reservations.

Is it Est based or resort time based? How are Asia/Pacific resorts handled?

Hopefully things get resolved soon as I have long ago lose my patience.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
The last few days Wyndham has been very poor at responding. Left multiple messages Thursday, Friday and today and call backs apparently did happen but I cannot always be at my phone. The callbacks were not within the hour as advised.

Calling the regular Wyndham number yesterday I am transferred to financial services after requesting to be transferred to owner care. Today I am speaking with an owner care rep and they tell me I have to speak to Steve who has worked on my account before. He calls and tells me he is a VC who cannot help me.

The 1-877 rep said I could not add a guest name to a reservation that started yesterday as it was past the day of check in (is that the law now?) Considering the lack of communication and not being able to add a guest name online (last night after the phone center closes) I should be exempt from that. In the end as it took so long to get the guest name added to the the reservation May 5 - 12 I told him to just add it to May 6 - 13 but note my account that I am being denied access to my reservations.

Is it Est based or resort time based? How are Asia/Pacific resorts handled?

Hopefully things get resolved soon as I have long ago lose my patience.

It is still possible to add a guest name to a reservation with a check-in date in the past. It is always a pain to do, and 9 times out of 10 the resort tells the guest they don't have a reservation when they show up - but it's gotten sorted out eventually. If you are going to have a guest checking in more than 48 hours after the start of the reservation you should call to make sure the resort does not cancel it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
After 9 months I can add guest confirmations online. Did a bunch tonight but it was much slower then on the previous site. Only could add them to my default member number but not the others. Site is down now so will have to try again in the morning. Saved $600 doing in online then over the phone. It has been a long 9 months.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
After 9 months I can add guest confirmations online. Did a bunch tonight but it was much slower then on the previous site. Only could add them to my default member number but not the others. Site is down now so will have to try again in the morning. Saved $600 doing in online then over the phone. It has been a long 9 months.

But, you know, NOTHING makes sense. Why should the new system let you transact online when the old didn't. They should have lifted whatever restrictions were on suspended accounts in the old system (long ago) and they didn't. The whole suspension thing just seemed to belly flop, nothing seemed to be going on, MANY were not officially cleared. New system and all that goes "poof"? Makes no sense.

But glad to hear you are able to transact (or were for a time anyways).

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
But, you know, NOTHING makes sense. Why should the new system let you transact online when the old didn't. They should have lifted whatever restrictions were on suspended accounts in the old system (long ago) and they didn't. The whole suspension thing just seemed to belly flop, nothing seemed to be going on, MANY were not officially cleared. New system and all that goes "poof"? Makes no sense.

I can see the next round of Audits coming real soon...

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I can see the next round of Audits coming real soon...

Well, allowing (some) people to transact when the new system is not properly functioning is just absurd! I can't imagine how they are going to work their way out this mess.

Thankfully I am in a spot where I don't need to. Just hoping that when I am finally able to log in (or they go back) all my points and reservations are there.

I consider my points money, can you imagine if a bank did this and this was dollars and not points? Totally unacceptable!

Last edited:

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, allowing (some) people to transact when the new system is not properly functioning is just absurb! I can't imagine how they are going to work their way out this mess.

Thankfully I am in a spot where I don't need to. Just hoping that when I am finally able to log in (or they go back) all my points and reservations are there.

I consider my points money, can you imagine if a bank did this and this was dollars and not points? Totally unacceptable!

On hold with , well they just hung up on me, but they did say accounts are being audited before they allow access. can not add, change, select upgrade. Completely locked out because I have a large account. 1 mill points??? that's peanuts compared to others who were able to book over the last 2 days.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Fantastic, Adam. A bit of silver lining to this cluster fiasco. Maybe the account restrictions will not follow you to the new platform.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

Could be a few simple problems, the new system for suspension is coded differently (coding error or coding insufficient or coding absent) OR when they did the conversion of account info the suspended info did not translate properly (data conversion error) OR both.

This is Wyndham IT we are talking about. A 7+ year IT project and rollout is going this bad. I sure hope people get fired over this.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Could be a few simple problems, the new system for suspension is coded differently (coding error or coding insufficient or coding absent) OR when they did the conversion of account info the suspended info did not translate properly (data conversion error) OR both.

This is Wyndham IT we are talking about. A 7+ year IT project and rollout is going this bad. I sure hope people get fired over this.

Unfortunately the it would be the little guys that get fired instead of the higher ups who insisted the system be brought online when it is obvious that it was nowhere near ready.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Unfortunately the it would be the little guys that get fired instead of the higher ups who insisted the system be brought online when it is obvious that it was nowhere near ready.

4 common causes to system conversion failures

1) insufficient focus and urgency on the getting data cleaned up before the conversion takes place, and providing appropriate testing to ensure data converted correctly.
2) Insufficient performance testing - system is slow because they never test for sufficient number of CONCURRENT users.
3) Failure to Met USER NEEDS - big issue on SEARCH Function for us - they don't understand how the user wants to use the system. For instance I know my dates/Where to go Search scenario works great, but if I'm the opportunistic or late to the party/looking for leftovers search and I need to see what is left, then the search provided is basically useless (adding +/- days and first available would help significantly in the short term but long term not enough, need the concept of the green boxes to be implemented in new site.) in this case the search function works as designed, coded and tested. Problem is that is don't support the users needs in a search.
4) Insufficient staffing for call center operations for roll out support

I think Wyndham failed on all accounts here.

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
4 common causes to system conversion failures

1) insufficient focus and urgency on the getting data cleaned up before the conversion takes place, and providing appropriate testing to ensure data converted correctly.
2) Insufficient performance testing - system is slow because they never test for sufficient number of CONCURRENT users.
3) Failure to Met USER NEEDS - big issue on SEARCH Function for us - they don't understand how the user wants to use the system. For instance I know my dates/Where to go Search scenario works great, but if I'm the opportunistic or late to the party/looking for leftovers search and I need to see what is left, then the search provided is basically useless (adding +/- days and first available would help significantly in the short term but long term not enough, need the concept of the green boxes to be implemented in new site.) in this case the search function works as designed, coded and tested. Problem is that is don't support the users needs in a search.
4) Insufficient staffing for call center operations for roll out support

I think Wyndham failed on all accounts here.

Don't forget that their idea of support is to drop a business card behind with the wrong phone number on it.

Not only is the contact center insufficiently staffed, they are also insufficiently trained on the new system, and the telephony does not support standard contact center functions/features. Thus people are getting disconnected (after waiting over an hour to get through) when agents go off to try to resolve problems with a supervisor, call out to a resort, etc. Has already happened 3 times to me, after waiting over an hour each time to get through.

And of course the outgoing message advising me that there are high call volumes and wouldn't it really be better for me to transact this myself online is utterly annoying. YEAH... why do you think the call volume is so high? Because we CAN'T get online.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spent my hour listening to 'the music' to get to a call center rep. All my reservations are there .... I have point balances (means not everything vanished).

But I am still unable to log onto the online system.

Next trip ... NYC. How much fun can I have in the Big Apple? Days away. And I got an upgrade.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
AM1 treatment is the biggest surprise of all this mess to me.
I'm glad you have access and can at least do GCs online.

If there was one person that Wyndham seem to think was the devil. It was you. And as others have stated you seemed uncooperative and combative at times.

Glad you have access ! Just surprised you have it. While a lot of us are left in the cold

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just spent my hour listening to 'the music' to get to a call center rep. All my reservations are there .... I have point balances (means not everything vanished).

But I am still unable to log onto the online system.

Next trip ... NYC. How much fun can I have in the Big Apple? Days away. And I got an upgrade.

Did they make any reservations for you?

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not ask. Figured SOMEDAY they will have the system up online. Until then, I am not going to sit for hours on end to get thru etc.

Planning what EVIL I can do in NYC now.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Points are money. It's time for a coup!

You should hook up with that "bestresort" guy that wants to sue to get Wyndham out of Wyndham!! <grin>

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You should hook up with that "bestresort" guy that wants to sue to get Wyndham out of Wyndham!! <grin>

Wouldn't it be great if we could effect a change! But it does help to just vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

You've apparently got a clean slate with the new (problematic) website. Now don't @$&# it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points
OMG! I just called the telephone number they have listed on the feedback.... If your a female and want to talk to a male, press __ now... Live people waiting to talk to you! I was able to access the site... until a new contract dropped in. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me.

Cdn Gal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding??? If I am female, do I want to talk to a male??? Please tell me you are joking! ;)

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding??? If I am female, do I want to talk to a male??? Please tell me you are joking! ;)

This is serious business for Wyndham; they might NOT be kidding. Sounds like they are trying to "profile" you for a sales pitch... a company does that "type casting" before they have an interactions with a target; in a captive customer base, the company should KNOW who their customer is ... or do like the other million companies, 'ask in a different language to press number x for (language/SEX) contact').

This should be a piece of evidence as to HOW much this company lives in the 'dark ages'. And this is NOT customer service ... it is a sales promo.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
This is serious business for Wyndham; they might NOT be kidding. Sounds like they are trying to "profile" you for a sales pitch... a company does that "type casting" before they have an interactions with a target; in a captive customer base, the company should KNOW who their customer is ... or do like the other million companies, 'ask in a different language to press number x for (language/SEX) contact').

This should be a piece of evidence as to HOW much this company lives in the 'dark ages'. And this is NOT customer service ... it is a sales promo.
Oh, wow, I thought it was a joke. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.