• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't think it's quite that simplistic. The "rules" seem to more fluid for some owners than others. :(

And didn't most of the suspended account owners, with a few exceptions, think they WERE following the rules when they got suspended? Sans the exception(s), has there been any indication or specific outline of what rules got broken, by those owners, to warrant the suspensions in the first place?

Understand the "my house my rules" concept and also that Wyn's stick is much MUCH bigger than any owner out there. Still, what actually have most of the suspended owners done intentionally, to warrant being locked "out of the house" for a now, ongoing, seven months? All fingers still point to Wyn being in error in this process.

Reminds me of the guy that stepped of the curb to cross the street and got run over by a bus. His dying words were "but I had the right of way"

He was right of course, I would say he was dead right

In my talks with Wyndham my goal was not to prove myself right, neither was it to win. All I wanted to get to the other side of the street alive and well

I'm not going to presume that my way is right for everyone but I gotta say, if I had chosen to fight I think I'd be as dead now as the guy run over by the bus and my dying words would have been "but I didn't do anything wrong"

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
RE : IT programming issues - Wyndham

There is a TUG thread in exchanging - started Dec 20 2016 - ( if you have not seen/read it )

RCI " new " format {merged} - a lot of the posts are about IT programming changes that make RCI less useful .

Who owns RCI - Wyndham !!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the guy that stepped of the curb to cross the street and got run over by a bus. His dying words were "but I had the right of way"

He was right of course, I would say he was dead right

In my talks with Wyndham my goal was not to prove myself right, neither was it to win. All I wanted to get to the other side of the street alive and well

I'm not going to presume that my way is right for everyone but I gotta say, if I had chosen to fight I think I'd be as dead now as the guy run over by the bus and my dying words would have been "but I didn't do anything wrong"
[duplicate quote removed]
George is right

It's wyndhams sandbox. play by their rules or don't play at all

Impressive quote but I think I will keep my ownership rights derived from Fairfield contracts and I wish others who want to the same the best of luck. By the way, congratulations on Wyndham giving you a new number member for your account and the new role you hope to achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Impressive quote but I think I will keep my ownership rights derived from Fairfield contracts and I wish others who want to the same the best of luck. By the way, congratulations on Wyndham giving you a new number member for your account and the new role you hope to achieve.

Not my account . The account belongs to someone else who is paying me to help them get started with Wyndham (They have also paid me for my customer list) Dont even pretend to understand what Im doing, much less comment on it

What you quoted has absolutely nothing to do with you... I wasnt advising you... Unless of course you are among the folks that had accounts suspended last August..

What I m trying to say to the folks that were and still are suspended that once I accepted the fact that Im playing in Wyndhams sandbox, and I either play by their rules or dont play at all, and once I understood what those rules were. We were able to get to the point where I can say "the parties have satisfactorily resolved their differences"

I am certain i was entitled to more because I had (as you put it) certain "ownership rights" but the fact is Wyndham disagreed as to exactly those rights were, and I believe they were quite willing to fight this thing in court if I pushed it. So I rolled over, and thats what I suggest others do

Regarding the "property rights" you think you have. I owned deeds that date back to the Fairfield days, and I had deeds from the newest resorts and I understand, even if you dont, that the property rights we have, mean almost nothing We have the right to pay maintenance fees and taxes, and we have the right to use the specific properties we own according to whats on the deeds and the documents referenced in those deeds The rights we have to membership in a club (to exchange our deeded use rights) derive from the fact that the use rights for what we own have been assigned to the fairshare trust... and that trust is what Im calling "Wyndham's sandbox" If Wyndham wants to toss you or your your properties out of the trust they can, and you will be out of the club.

You are an observer in this thread. You shoud read and understand the previous, nearly 70 pages, before you presume to advise those of us in the middle of this mess. You are no different and no more helpful, than the rubber-necker looking at the accident Ive been involved in, and offering the advice that I should have stayed home.

Once again you have made up some baloney and posted it as fact simple to confuse

OutSkiing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Midtown 45, Bali Hai, Margaritaville
All I want is for Wyndham to unlock my accounts. Compensate me for points that expired, reservations I could not cancel, discounts/upgrades I was prevented from getting, not being able to book new reservations or shorten existing ones, having to pay $129 instead of $99 for guest confirmations and no one guest confirmation fee for a split reservation available, reservations that went unused because I could not add a guest name on it (various reasons), time for having to call in and wait for a callback as well as a few other damages that Wyndham has caused because of this.
Bad things happen and you are clearly a victim here. Even though this train wreck was entirely Wyndham's fault, it may be worth giving up some of these losses if the opportunity presents itself rather than incur big legal fees and / or additional damages trying to be made completely whole. Or find some way to exit through the 'blast hole' which may be what others have done. Just speculating on that last point. I am just a small fry with Wyndham and am fortunately not affected. But I feel for you.

Bob

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad things happen and you are clearly a victim here. Even though this train wreck was entirely Wyndham's fault, it may be worth giving up some of these losses if the opportunity presents itself rather than incur big legal fees and / or additional damages trying to be made completely whole. Or find some way to exit through the 'blast hole' which may be what others have done. Just speculating on that last point. I am just a small fry with Wyndham and am fortunately not affected. But I feel for you.

Bob

Thanks. I am interested in listening to what would be offered but am not just going to roll over. I have too much invested and been damaged too much for that.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am interested in listening to what would be offered but am not just going to roll over. I have too much invested and been damaged too much for that.

Roll over or be rolled over is how I saw it. Your situation and your choices may be different

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
I have too much invested and been damaged too much for that.
If you intend to fight it, I fear your investment has just begun.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you intend to fight it, I fear your investment has just begun.
Whether he fights it or not, it cannot begin until Wyn actually starts having a conversation with him. He's still in the one-sided conversation stonewall mode - Wyn being the side that is holding communication at bay. :shrug:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
am1 ...

I am not recommending ANY action for YOU ... just asking you to make sure, this is a reasoned path you are taking. And what possible outcomes there are for you & your family? And how much time and damage you are encountering (emotionally & long term financially) can you handle? And where will you be in 6 months or 18 months?

Personally, I feel this is worst than a death or divorce...particularly when in your eyes, this is due to NO FAULT or action you took. Most people I deal with in my 'real' job ... are ethical. Makes life easier and keeps things real as both parties try to respect the other's position or situation.

Try to keep a level head. And best of luck.

PS ... I have been thru some really, really bad times, too.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can always embarrass Wyndham for the mistakes they made in my accounts that have caused me damages. These are beyond believe but thankfully I have e-mails and everything noted.

I do hope we can work something out as my family really has enjoyed their resorts.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can always embarrass Wyndham for the mistakes they made in my accounts that have caused me damages. These are beyond believe but thankfully I have e-mails and everything noted.

I do hope we can work something out as my family really has enjoyed their resorts.

Am1.
I implore you to take a more conciliatory tone if you truly wish to keep on enjoying the resorts and ownership, unless someone in your family is a Florida attorney versed in timeshare law. This forum is likely a way that Wyndham can determine who is willing to negotiate and who they need to crush.

The very fact they haven't given your account any user rights indicates they are viewing you as combative or unreasonable (not my words). I wish you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Am1.
I implore you to take a more conciliatory tone if you truly wish to keep on enjoying the resorts and ownership, unless someone in your family is a Florida attorney versed in timeshare law. This forum is likely a way that Wyndham can determine who is willing to negotiate and who they need to crush.

The very fact they haven't given your account any user rights indicates they are viewing you as combative or unreasonable (not my words). I wish you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

happyhopian

Reaction score
I would make a call to the general counsel's office and tell them that you are approaching one year. No one will talk with you, no one will work with you to rectify anything and they are putting you in a position where you have no option but to file a suit and file a complaint with the Attorney Generals office. Explain that this is NOT your preferred route but no one will talk with you. If they return your call, you have an opening to a resolution. If they don't they you need to make those calls because you have nothing to lose. They aren't going to punish you any more than they already have. Yes I know this isn't my money but what else can they do to you. Once you file something, you can stop paying with the blessing of the court until the action is resolved - which I agree will be a really long time in years 3-5 IMHO.

Try reaching Jorge De La Osa sr. VP and General Counsel for WVO. I'd go with anyone you get in that department, even his assistant. You have nothing to lose at this point. Unless the door has recently opened, whomever you've been dealing with is not going to deal with you. At this point I would move to someone who is.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "Interesting"

And it's not so much as a place of employment. I'm not an employee.

But what's any of this have to do with the subject of this thread regarding suspended Wyndham accounts

The credential that's important here is that I was in fact suspended and have come out on the other side in one piece

What's yours to speak with such authority??

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Florida Real Estate site shows the following, it may be in need of updating.

Current, Active LOCATEHOMES.COM INC Employed By 02/23/2015 Real Estate Corporation 09/30/2018

Any commission income I've received from real estate sales in Florida have been reported on a 1099 not a W2 so from IRS's point of view; not an employee. The Real Estate Commission see it differently I guess. As an agent I do work under the supervision of a broker so I guess they consider her my "employer" So if makes you happy, ok I'm an employee

By the way my website says I will either sell your Wyndham timeshare for you or buy it myself. The fact is I have never sold one for a client. I have always purchased them myself.

I'm not sure what point you want to make by posting the details of my business and the fact that I'm licensed but thanks. A little free publicity never hurts. You should know however that TUG dosent like using their forum for advertising

So I'm requesting that a moderator take down your posts that promote my business

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
For people harmed by the suspension and all related issues that are associated with them, here is the chance to raise them directly with the Fairfield Trust.

Introducing Your Brand-New Annual Owners Meeting

• We're happy to introduce your brand-new Annual Owners Meeting: CLUB WYNDHAM Live, a completely new and interactive Annual Owners Meeting. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, Aug. 2. Attend in person or virtually — the choice is yours.

We're also debuting a new venue: the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando, Florida. As usual, transportation will be provided to the event from select locations.

Registration will open Tuesday, May 9. Stay tuned for more information on this year's exciting Annual Owners Meeting.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
For people harmed by the suspension and all related issues that are associated with them, here is the chance to raise them directly with the Fairfield Trust.

Introducing Your Brand-New Annual Owners Meeting

• We're happy to introduce your brand-new Annual Owners Meeting: CLUB WYNDHAM Live, a completely new and interactive Annual Owners Meeting. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, Aug. 2. Attend in person or virtually — the choice is yours.

We're also debuting a new venue: the Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts in downtown Orlando, Florida. As usual, transportation will be provided to the event from select locations.

Registration will open Tuesday, May 9. Stay tuned for more information on this year's exciting Annual Owners Meeting.

You should know that the Fairshare Trust is Club Wyndham Plus..
and this is how the suspension email began

"Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus,"

Its pretty clear that the Club already knows about the suspensions and who has been affected and how and why. There is no need for an 'in person' confrontation, unless you think they will be embarrassed by making the fact of the suspensions public. I dont think they will be embarrassed at all. I think that they will spin this as something the manager is doing to benefit the club. (enforcing the "no commercial use" and "no unfair advantage" rules. ie a good thing

You should also know that these meetings dont provide an opportunity to "raise issues" There is no "member input" agenda item. There are question and answer sessions with a few Wyndham employees to anawer questions, but you wont see anyone with any authority in them

I believe that a public confrontation will backfire

If an owner wants to talk to someone at WVO headquarters about their account, why not just ask for a meeting in the Orlando office to discuss a settlement.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should know that the Fairshare Trust is Club Wyndham Plus..
and this is how the suspension email began

"Acting in our capacity as manager for CLUB WYNDHAM Plus,"

Its pretty clear that the Club already knows about the suspensions and who has been affected and how and why. There is no need for an 'in person' confrontation, unless you think they will be embarrassed by making the fact of the suspensions public. I dont think they will be embarrassed at all. I think that they will spin this as something the manager is doing to benefit the club. (enforcing the "no commercial use" and "no unfair advantage" rules. ie a good thing

You should also know that these meetings dont provide an opportunity to "raise issues" There is no "member input" agenda item. There are question and answer sessions with a few Wyndham employees to anawer questions, but you wont see anyone with any authority in them

I believe that a public confrontation will backfire

If an owner wants to talk to someone at WVO headquarters about their account, why not just ask for a meeting in the Orlando office to discuss a settlement.

Do not believe in public confrontations. The main point is people do not have to go to Orlando, they can join in on-line.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do not believe in public confrontations. The main point is people do not have to go to Orlando, they can join in on-line.
Yea, that's the ticket, social media is the best way to have your account resolved!

Sent from my RCT6873W42 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.