• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
5 messages left and no call backs today. In the past after this happens and I finally speak to someone I am told to e-mail the case managers and they will send an e-mail as well but nothing happens. I send an e-mail through Wyndham contact us and they reply back to use the e-mail address I have been provided and when I tell them I have been doing that with no response they say there is nothing they can do. Meanwhile me credit card keeps getting charged. So at least that part of Wyndham works just fine.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I just paid my seventh monthly maintenance fee since my account was suspended. While I have certain features that are "thawed" I am still not cleared and fully functional. Anyone else of the impacted owners with any updates?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, I just paid my seventh monthly maintenance fee since my account was suspended. While I have certain features that are "thawed" I am still not cleared and fully functional. Anyone else of the impacted owners with any updates?

Nothing but they did manage to change the "hold music" but then most times it goes to voicemail. Very unlikely to receive a callback.

Would be nice if they had enough staff just to answer calls as they come in (considering I have no online access). Why is a special department needed to cancel my reservations and add guest names?

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
No updates on my end either.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They can do a line item review while a customer is on the phone for the transaction that is being talked to. That is what they are probably doing for each call to cancel or add a guest name or for any other transaction that may come up.

Probably not a special department, probably a para-legal in the Legal Department.

The pecking orders are Reservations, Owner Care, Title as the case may be. Then there used to be a escalation department. They appear to be using the "create a case system" now instead. Then to the Legal Department.

What does this mean? How does this relate to suspended accounts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

Double talk. And it means nothing

My guess is that the poster's account is not and was not frozen and he has no idea of what he is talking about, much less what am1 is experiencing or what you are experiencing (or me for that matter)

If the poster is not RRLongwell he went to the same school

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Double talk. And it means nothing

My guess is that the poster's account is not and was not frozen and he has no idea of what he is talking about, much less what am1 is experiencing or what you are experiencing (or me for that matter)

If the poster is not RRLongwell he went to the same school

Suspended accounts, at this point, is a little narrow of a definition of what has happened, is happening. It is actually effecting a lot of accounts through account restrictions, suspensions, ability to buy/sell contracts, limitations on number of units that can be booked at any given resort, collection of a higher fee than what otherwise maybe available for guest certificates but for the restrictions, putting some people in a position of defending their actions in using their accounts where they have done nothing wrong, if one poster is correct - the reduction in demand for resale units, changes in availability coming from changes in behavior of the large users of the system - affected accounts negatively others positively, fall out from policy/practice changes as Wyndham tries to fix what they perceive to be problems, the list goes on. Some people are being hurt some benefit. The "Witch Hunt" that resulted in suspended accounts pre-dates and post-dates what happened in August 2016. As someone that is being affected by this problem, this thread is of interest. I am not alone judging from the shear huge amounts of hits on this and related threads.

For the record, I do feel bad for what people are going through that used various methods to expand their use of their accounts by other means that got caught
up in this and hope things work out for them.

The best advise I have seen: basically said cooperate with Wyndham if you have not done something wrong is the way to go.

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Suspended accounts, at this point, is a little narrow of a definition of what has happened, is happening. It is actually effecting a lot of accounts through account restrictions, suspensions, ability to buy/sell contracts, limitations on number of units that can be booked at any given resort, collection of a higher fee than what otherwise maybe available for guest certificates but for the restrictions, putting some people in a position of defending their actions in using their accounts where they have done nothing wrong, if one poster is correct - the reduction in demand for resale units, changes in availability coming from changes in behavior of the large users of the system - affected accounts negatively others positively, fall out from policy/practice changes as Wyndham tries to fix what they perceive to be problems, the list goes on. Some people are being hurt some benefit. The "Witch Hunt" that resulted in suspended accounts pre-dates and post-dates what happened in August 2016. As someone that is being affected by this problem, this thread is of interest. I am not alone judging from the shear huge amounts of hits on this and related threads.

For the record, I do feel bad for what people are going through that used various methods to expand their use of their accounts by other means that got caught
up in this and hope things work out for them.

The best advise I have seen: basically said cooperate with Wyndham if you have not done something wrong is the way to go.

I actually followed the logic on a good portion of this post. I must need professional help.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually followed the logic on a good portion of this post. I must need professional help.

Can you translate??

I started to post a comment but all I understood was the last paragraph.

My comment is that this assumes that some of the suspendees have done something wrong. And I don't think that that's the case

bobbyoc23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Wyndham Grand Desert
Attitash Mountain Village
I thought it was mentioned somewhere in this huge thread that some people may have discovered a glitch in Wyndham's system where cancellations would return more than the correct amount of points, discovered how and when it would occur, and took advantage of it? I know there are people who received more than the correct amount of points and voluntarily alerted Wyndham. But I think it was speculated that others took advantage... or maybe I'm misremembering.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you think Wyndham only has one plan ... you all are wrong. And you all are right.

Wyndham's goal .. IMHO .. is to stop private rentals to gain control of the RACK RATE of rentals ... making purchasing a vacation ownership a far better option. And make money on both ends of the deal. Ovations is restocking the 'inventory' for sale bucket at almost NO COST ... they are selling basicly only CWA contracts .. no deed; hence, no foreclosure process (saving time & money). No troublesome HOAs as the more Wyndham owns and manages the 'points ownership' (also the underlying deeds) .. they more they just run the resorts as their kingdoms ... billing Club Assess's owners. And the higher the MFs go for the CWP owners, the more those owners give back their deeds thru Ovations.

TUG posters regularly suggest buying at resorts having cheaper HOA fees ... and CWA, offered ARP at LOTs of resorts VERSES just 1 ARP resort the CWP owner had. And for a long time, CWA's MFs were lower than many CWP resorts. That appears to be ending.

Via Ovations, Wyndham is getting more the older resorts back into inventory ... and this inventory MUST LOOK GOOD to all those new & younger CWA owners (renovations must be done). Fees will increase in CWA as more old owners can't ... travel, pay higher MFs, and not not happy with the "new sheriff in town" ... and increasingly turn their ownerships back into Wyndham fixed week intervals & CWP points Ovations).

What I think is ... Club Wyndham Access with become more of Club Wyndham Axis (not a mis-typed word). Wyndham will ...with a 3 man HOA board ... totally run CWA with costs spread among all CWA owners via a MFs. So an independant HOAs will NOT exist ... as CWA will vote their block of owned deeds to improve the resort. Wyndham wins ... the CWA block of deeds VOTEs to upgrade at each resort and CWA fees goes up. Yearly. CWA owners will see increases yearly ,,, when they get annoy and stop paying MFs, it takes only 2 or 3 form letters to terminate their membership. No foreclosure, no lawyers, no court paperwork ... and those certificates are done with.

Getting prime time reservations will become harder ... Florida in February with CWA COULD have 400,000 CWA owners calling for President's Birthday week ... at Santa Barbara 90 units ... which maybe still has 15 FW owners that week. Leaving 75 units available ... and Royal Vista only has 93 units all UDI points last year ... but maybe next year, 15% will be CWA points. And Sea Gardens, still has a lot of Fixed Week Winter deeds held privately ... but it witll become CWA majority, too.

Will CWA be a good thing ... yes, it will keep the lesser/older resorts with paid MFs ,, but the unhappy CWA members will increase as those owners change from going to Bonnet Creek with hundreds of rooms to Santa Barbara with 90 units.

Wyndham has build a MEGA-CLUB .. CWA .. it now, needs to build more MEGA-RESORTs in the very high demand areas.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was mentioned somewhere in this huge thread that some people may have discovered a glitch in Wyndham's system where cancellations would return more than the correct amount of points, discovered how and when it would occur, and took advantage of it?
I do not believe anyone has said the glitch is reliably repeatable; just that it happens. But, I might have missed it.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought it was mentioned somewhere in this huge thread that some people may have discovered a glitch in Wyndham's system where cancellations would return more than the correct amount of points, discovered how and when it would occur, and took advantage of it? I know there are people who received more than the correct amount of points and voluntarily alerted Wyndham. But I think it was speculated that others took advantage... or maybe I'm misremembering.

I'm pretty sure that's right, at least half way right

There were certainly times that "extra" points were returned when reservations were cancelled, but I don't think anyone could make it happen at will. I think it was an unpredictable thing but if it happened with a certain reservation, I'm guessing you could keep cancelling that reservation to make it happen again and again.

Having said that I don't know whether anyone here did or didn't take advantage or did or didn't notify Wyndham or as I said in my post; I don't know if anyone did anything wrong

And without that knowledge I'm going to stop short of accusing anyone of any wrongdoing.

And speaking as someone closer to this than most and only for myself, I know I didn't do anything wrong and I take offense when someone looking at this thing from the outside with no direct knowledge of what's going on, suggests that anyone did. And I especially don't like it from a conspiricy theorist formerly known as rrlongwell

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you think Wyndham only has one plan ... you all are wrong. And you all are right.

Wyndham's goal .. IMHO .. is to stop private rentals to gain control of the RACK RATE of rentals ... making purchasing a vacation ownership a far better option. And make money on both ends of the deal. Ovations is restocking the 'inventory' for sale bucket at almost NO COST ... they are selling basicly only CWA contracts .. no deed; hence, no foreclosure process (saving time & money). No troublesome HOAs as the more Wyndham owns and manages the 'points ownership' (also the underlying deeds) .. they more they just run the resorts as their kingdoms ... billing Club Assess's owners. And the higher the MFs go for the CWP owners, the more those owners give back their deeds thru Ovations.

TUG posters regularly suggest buying at resorts having cheaper HOA fees ... and CWA, offered ARP at LOTs of resorts VERSES just 1 ARP resort the CWP owner had. And for a long time, CWA's MFs were lower than many CWP resorts. That appears to be ending.

Via Ovations, Wyndham is getting more the older resorts back into inventory ... and this inventory MUST LOOK GOOD to all those new & younger CWA owners (renovations must be done). Fees will increase in CWA as more old owners can't ... travel, pay higher MFs, and not not happy with the "new sheriff in town" ... and increasingly turn their ownerships back into Wyndham fixed week intervals & CWP points Ovations).

What I think is ... Club Wyndham Access with become more of Club Wyndham Axis (not a mis-typed word). Wyndham will ...with a 3 man HOA board ... totally run CWA with costs spread among all CWA owners via a MFs. So an independant HOAs will NOT exist ... as CWA will vote their block of owned deeds to improve the resort. Wyndham wins ... the CWA block of deeds VOTEs to upgrade at each resort and CWA fees goes up. Yearly. CWA owners will see increases yearly ,,, when they get annoy and stop paying MFs, it takes only 2 or 3 form letters to terminate their membership. No foreclosure, no lawyers, no court paperwork ... and those certificates are done with.

Getting prime time reservations will become harder ... Florida in February with CWA COULD have 400,000 CWA owners calling for President's Birthday week ... at Santa Barbara 90 units ... which maybe still has 15 FW owners that week. Leaving 75 units available ... and Royal Vista only has 93 units all UDI points last year ... but maybe next year, 15% will be CWA points. And Sea Gardens, still has a lot of Fixed Week Winter deeds held privately ... but it witll become CWA majority, too.

Will CWA be a good thing ... yes, it will keep the lesser/older resorts with paid MFs ,, but the unhappy CWA members will increase as those owners change from going to Bonnet Creek with hundreds of rooms to Santa Barbara with 90 units.

Wyndham has build a MEGA-CLUB .. CWA .. it now, needs to build more MEGA-RESORTs in the very high demand areas.

What you predict for Wyndham CWA is exactly what is at Worldmark. I believe CWA was copied from the Worldmark model. with no home resort concept. Every resort is every owners home resort, And there are no megaresorts. all 230000 owners have exactly the same chance at a reservation at one of the 20 units at Pismo Beach or 32 units at Monterey ca, or the 63 in New Orleans and that chance is nearly zero. even less given that Worldmark specifically allows rentals. Spend some time at one of the Worldmark forums on Facebook, or WMowners and you will see the #1 complaint is I can never get the reservation I want. The entire resort in Hawaii is reserved within seconds, 13 months out

What this has to do with the suspended accounts I dont know...but it is fun to think about

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
... What this has to do with the suspended accounts I dont know...but it is fun to think about

A broader view of a situation is in order. From this thread, it sure looks like at least some of Wyndham's mega renters/re-seller competitors were caught up in the net on suspensions.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A broader view of a situation is in order. From this thread, it sure looks like at least some of Wyndham's mega renters/re-seller competitors were caught up in the net on suspensions.

Simply this is from the theater of the absurd .... 65 pages of posts .... RRLongwell (and his intimate multiple personalities) can clearly write this as "an insight" OR "a revelation" for a action by Corporate Wyndham.

Bravo ... I personally never could have come to this level of thought and conscious awareness.

NOT.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
[QUOTE="ronparise, post:

"And I especially don't like it from a conspiricy theorist formerly known as rrlongwell[/QUOTE]"

Hahaha, what did I use to do without TUG!!!!

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

And a lot of owners who aren't mega renters. It does appear to be focused on larger points owners who are platinum VIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
And a lot of owners who aren't mega renters. It does appear to be focused on larger points owners who are platinum VIP.

Agreed from my point of view.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The q

The question is: Did the search start with a look at Platinum owners. Or were they looking for something else?

I think that they were looking for accounts that had more reservations than could be explained by the number of points owned. That most of who fit that description were platinum owners and that some fit the definition of megarenter was just coincidence

I still can't figure out why some of my accounts were suspended and some not. All were platinum, all were well over 2 million points and all had roughly 10 times the number of points in reservations as points owned

And if I don't know what the search criteria were I sure Robert dosent

My message here is don't take anything he says about the suspensions seriously

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The q

The question is: Did the search start with a look at Platinum owners. Or were they looking for something else?

I think that they were looking for accounts that had more reservations than could be explained by the number of points owned. That most of who fit that description were platinum owners and that some fit the definition of megarenter was just coincidence

I still can't figure out why some of my accounts were suspended and some not. All were platinum, all were well over 2 million points and all had roughly 10 times the number of points in reservations as points owned

And if I don't know what the search criteria were I sure Robert dosent

My message here is don't take anything he says about the suspensions seriously

Thank-you for the information. The way it was worded this time answers a question that keeps coming up in my mind, who pays the bills related these problems. As it relates to reservations made over and above points owned indicates the losses for this group would go against the Fairfield Trust and/or against other members in the form of lost or reduced availability for members that have owned points and not the resorts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go back and read the first post in the thread for an answer to your question. It's the trust. Whyndham took action on behalf of the trust

But you can relax. The whole point of what Wyndham is doing is to get back the extra points

Gotta ask though, How is it possible to own points and not resorts?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go back and read the first post in the thread for an answer to your question. It's the trust. Whyndham took action on behalf of the trust

But you can relax. The whole point of what Wyndham is doing is to get back the extra points

Gotta ask though, How is it possible to own points and not resorts?

Club Wyndham Access, the club owns at resorts the member owns the points, or so my points certificate indicates. There are a number of threads that discuss Club Wyndham Access. Also, there was a thread that indicated some re-sellers get power of attorney, if someone where more interested in making money than using the POA correctly, they could strip the contract of points by making reservations and taking the money then dumping the contract. To the extent that Wyndham comps points to keep a irate owner happy, this could generate a loss.

Judging from a poster's comment "I think that they were looking for accounts that had more reservations than could be explained by the number of points owned." there may be other ways.

I would hope that someone in the group that have more reservations than points owned would not have gotten these by working with Wyndham employees to do things that they would not do for other members that would be against the rules.

http://wyndhaminteractivesaleshub.com/club-wyndham/CWA_Sales_Brochure.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.