• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The cancel return routine hopefully will be redone or patched quickly so this ends.

Wyndham has known about it for more than a year now. Not sure they have the capability nor the desire to repair it. Remember this glitch has provided them the cover to suspend over 100 of their major owners, likely most being of the mega renter status. Maybe it wasn't an accidental glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lcml11

Reaction score
Wyndham has known about it for more than a year now. Not sure they have the capability nor the desire to repair it. Remember this glitch has provided them the cover to suspend over 100 of their major owners, likely most being of the mega renter status. Maybe it wasn't an accidental glitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is interesting it is talking so long for the adjustment(s) to fix the problem to take hold. I am wondering if they are running one data base for the old system and new system or one for the old system and a second one for Voyager. If there are two systems running side by side and they do not have the same glitch, then one of them should be showing correctly. That could be why one poster reported he told them of the problem and, after audit, came back no problem.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The cancel return routine hopefully will be redone or patched quickly so this ends.

Does the preview of Voyager show the same as the old system on this point?

"Voyager" - shows the exact same thing. Because it is nothing more than a refreshed user-interface to the tired old back-end system that we rely on.

And I know you are just repeating the drivel you are getting from owner care, but the issue here is the defective backend system that processes the transactions, and not the user-interface. I would write a really long post about the technical aspects, but the preview exposes no new functionality. So it appears it is the proverbial "putting lipstick on the pig" that some of IT depts pursue to make it look like they are doing something. The only tangible benefit we will likely recognize is that they are using an adaptive design for the new user interface. And the adaptive design should allow them to avoid coding separate user interfaces for each target device (desktop browser, tablet, phone) that accesses the website.

And this had nothing to do with the cancel/rebook. It was a straight cancellation. A really really simple transaction.

And all this mis-direction that is a "cancel/rebook" problem is amusing. A cancel rebook is just a cancellation, followed by a new booking. Two very simple AND separate transactions that they likely process ten of thousands of each day. The problem is in the back-end accounting.

lcml11

Reaction score
"Voyager" - shows the exact same thing. Because it is nothing more than a refreshed user-interface to the tired old back-end system that we rely on.

And I know you are just repeating the drivel you are getting from owner care, but the issue here is the defective backend system that processes the transactions, and not the user-interface. I would write a really long post about the technical aspects, but the preview exposes no new functionality. So it appears it is the proverbial "putting lipstick on the pig" that some of IT depts pursue to make it look like they are doing something. The only tangible benefit we will likely recognize is that they are using an adaptive design for the new user interface. And the adaptive design should allow them to avoid coding separate user interfaces for each target device (desktop browser, tablet, phone) that accesses the website.

And this had nothing to do with the cancel/rebook. It was a straight cancellation. A really really simple transaction.

And all this mis-direction that is a "cancel/rebook" problem is amusing. A cancel rebook is just a cancellation, followed by a new booking. Two very simple AND separate transactions that they likely process ten of thousands of each day. The problem is in the back-end accounting.

Thanks for the update. I was not talking about the cancel rebook system. It does not appear to be directly involved. I was talking the cancel only portion after a reservation is made. For what it is worth, I am not just repeating what I got from Corporate Wyndham. To the extent that I pass on something from them, it is clearly identified as such.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert (aka lcml11),

There is NO "cancel rebook" system.

"Voyager" is a NOT NEW computer system ... just a few different screens on your computer monitor.
The "back end" function (of what you are calling "a system"), has not changed. Voyager is at most a new interface for easier use by end users. (or as another TUGGER posted a front end able to handle interfaces to multiple end user devices ... cell phones, tablets, Apple computers, Windows, Android, etc.)

There are many TUG participants who have serious computer backgrounds and experience plus more than a few CPAs (i.e. fancy accountants).

I still have NOT figured out what background you have. :)

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Voyager has been years in the making. I'm betting it's more than just the user interface

lcml11

Reaction score
Robert (aka lcml11),

There is NO "cancel rebook" system.

"Voyager" is a NOT NEW computer system ... just a few different screens on your computer monitor.
The "back end" function (of what you are calling "a system"), has not changed. Voyager is at most a new interface for easier use by end users. (or as another TUGGER posted a front end able to handle interfaces to multiple end user devices ... cell phones, tablets, Apple computers, Windows, Android, etc.)

There are many TUG participants who have serious computer backgrounds and experience plus more than a few CPAs (i.e. fancy accountants).

I still have NOT figured out what background you have. :)

Last point first, I have a couple sons that do the accounting thing, I think I know what a CPA is.

Here are a few highlights of my background:

Golden Gate University, Masters of Business Administration
University of Pittsburgh, BA Economics
University of Pittsburgh, BA Political Science

FEMA Emergency Management Institute: FEMA SID is 0000964652

Treasury Learning Management System (TLMS) 73 Credit Course Hours

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Various training classes from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Pennsylvania Human Relation Commission, and the Department of Public Welfare pertaining to illegal discrimination, Medical Assistance, and Food Stamps.

United States Air Force: Training including Effective Writing Courses, Human
Communications, Security Training, Workshop, Documentation Management Training, Administrative Management Course, Computers and Data Processing

Real Estate Courses Completed: Real Estate Fundamentals (30 hours of credit) and Real Estate Practice (30 credit hours of credit) United States Air Force Education and Training 48 Courses

Experienced in US Treasury software programs TCIS, PEGA, Check Registry, TLMS, and Dashboard.

Experienced with programs used by the Pa. Department of Public Welfare related to Food Stamps and SSI.

Experienced with the Pa Human Relations Commission Automated Computer program.

Experienced in a number of other software programs including Lotus Notes, data based programs, and Microsoft Office Suite programs, and a number of Government based programs, including Department of the Navy Emergency Management Dispatch system and the Worldwide Military Command and Control System.

Automated numerous Units in the Air Force

RLGB, LLC; Managing Member since 2009. This is a property/timeshare holding company.

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: From 3-19-1990 - 12-2011 (Retired)

United States Air Force: From 6-25-1978 to August 31, 1989:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The same IT department that can't fix the existing system is working on Voyager so I fail to see how the Voyager system will magically be better. I've been hearing for years that Voyager is coming and it still isn't functional. I remember talking to a VC about three years ago and was told that the IT people working on it are the only ones allowed in the room, that security was very high, they weren't allowed to talk to anyone about what they are working on and even the windows and door are covered so no one can see in. I don't have any IT background but it seems implausible to me that it takes three years if not more to develop and implement a workable computer program.

They promised Voyager would be up and running by the next annual owners meeting and just coincidentally moved the meeting to August. As that first week of August is prime vacation time it will be hard to get reservations. And let's face it the majority of owners at the meeting are older and typically don't care for the heat and humidity of Orlando in August. Also the meeting is being held at a new location so we won't be able to walk over from Bonnet Creek. Maybe they are just buying time to get Voyager up and running or maybe they are hoping to discourage attendance at the meeting. Yes I'm that cynical at this point.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And let's face it the majority of owners at the meeting are older and typically don't care for the heat and humidity of Orlando in August. .

You should know that Florida has been called gods waiting room because since Mr Carrier developed air conditioning, so many of us "older" folks come here to die.
we do ok with the heat and humidity; what with air conditioned houses and cars and such

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember talking to a VC about three years ago and was told that the IT people working on it are the only ones allowed in the room, that security was very high, they weren't allowed to talk to anyone about what they are working on and even the windows and door are covered so no one can see in.

Ha ha. I work professionally with computer programmers and I can guarantee this is not the way the software development takes place. This is a timeshare system that will be used by the public, not a national security encryption system or a proprietary algo trading strategy designed to make millions for Goldman Sachs.

The VC was trying to entertain herself while she gave you a story that would satisfy you for a while.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
You should know that Florida has been called gods waiting room because since Mr Carrier developed air conditioning, so many of us "older" folks come here to die.
we do ok with the heat and humidity; what with air conditioned houses and cars and such

I live in Florida and I'm not personally acquainted with anyone who is overly fond of the heat and humidity of August and September in Florida. The area from Miami to West Palm Beach almost always has a nice breeze even if you live about 10 miles inland like we do. I remember when we were considering moving to Florida and were told if we made it through the second summer that we would be fine. The first year we lived down here I remember thinking in June and July that it really wasn't bad. Then came August and September. When occasionally the breeze died I understood what they meant! Orlando is far enough inland that it doesn't get a breeze from the ocean,.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Ha ha. I work professionally with computer programmers and I can guarantee this is not the way the software development takes place. This is a timeshare system that will be used by the public, not a national security encryption system or a proprietary algo trading strategy designed to make millions for Goldman Sachs.

The VC was trying to entertain herself while she gave you a story that would satisfy you for a while.

You just confirmed my suspicions! I mentioned that I had heard about a program called Voyager but didn't know what it was. I was told that the employees didn't know any concrete details either just rumors. The person talked about how it was a different department and seemed very hush hush. I too thought it seemed a bit ridiculous to have that much secrecy so a few months later I asked an acquaintance who has connections in Wyndham about Voyager. He laughed and said don't hold your breath. A year or two later when Voyager still was "in the works" I came to the conclusion that if what the VC said was true then it was very likely that they were just trying to hide that they weren't actually doing anything!

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live in Florida and I'm not personally acquainted with anyone who is overly fond of the heat and humidity of August and September in Florida. The area from Miami to West Palm Beach almost always has a nice breeze even if you live about 10 miles inland like we do. I remember when we were considering moving to Florida and were told if we made it through the second summer that we would be fine. The first year we lived down here I remember thinking in June and July that it really wasn't bad. Then came August and September. When occasionally the breeze dies I understood what they meant!y meant! Orlando is far enough inland that it doesn't get a breeze from the ocean,.

Maybe because I came from Washington DC Florida doesn't seem so bad. The summers here aren't any different than there. Longer, but no hotter or more humid

My point is that the air conditioned conference room in Orlando will fill up in August just as it did last May and most of the people there will have gray hair

lcml11

Reaction score
Voyager has been years in the making. I'm betting it's more than just the user interface

I am sure you are right. Many posters over the years have addressed Voyager in various forms. If Voyager "is at most a new interface for easier use by end users" then Wyndham has made a big fuss over very little.

The following appears near the bottom of the page of the link listed above pertaining to the preview of Voyager.

"THIS ADVERTISING MATERIAL IS BEING USED FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING SALES OF TIMESHARE INTERESTS."

There are some posts discussing Wyndham Sales Force using or referring to Voyager in the sales process.

Therefore, it appears to me, that it is at least a marking tool for the purpose of soliciting sales of timeshare interests.

As for the claim that ""Voyager" is a NOT NEW computer system ... just a few different screens on your computer monitor.", I doubt that this is a true statement.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
We are justing going off the functionality they have exposed via the preview. Which is extremely limited and does not expose the critical system functions regarding searching available inventory, reservation transactions, depositing pts into RCI, etc.

lcml11

Reaction score
We are justing going off the functionality they have exposed via the preview. Which is extremely limited and does not expose the critical system functions regarding searching available inventory, reservation transactions, depositing pts into RCI, etc.

I suspect some other components of what was to be Voyager have already been included in the old system. I would not expect a lot of radical changes to be added to the final rolled out version of Voyager. It remains to be seen if this system is targeting the Mega Renters.

I suspect the current problems with to many points going into some accounts may be the results of changes made to the old system that were designed to be part of Voyager.

In other words, what some people are afraid is coming, to the extent that is going to happen, are already in the system.

The component relating to RCI points, I have never really understood, not through lack of trying by the way, and I think those changes occurred a long time ago.

Search availability changes may be focused primarily around the ARP system and I am looking forward to the component to become available.

The possible reduction of Club Wyndham Plus inventory in favor of Club Wyndham Access is probably more of a policy process and sales pitch than a Voyager issue.

Do not have a clue on what is going on with Reservation Transactions.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
I love reading these ping pong posts comparing everyone speculation and calling others out on what they do or do not know but this is giving me a headache watching all these good folks get wound up, betting and daring each other about total speculation. So let's all take a moment and be honest for a second - no one KNOWS what IS or is NOT going to happen tomorrow or next year at Wyndham (and I'm including Wyndham folks).

A lot of respectable folks are throwing down a lot of shade on total hypothesis. No matter how many times they have talked about Voyager at meetings Ron (whom I have lots of respect for) - it STILL is not here. FACT, It has missed EVERY deadline which has been stated to you. FACT. HOW do you as a VERY respectable person continue to believe what you are told? Are they going to launch something called voyager which will have something to do with a new booking system YES some day they will. Will they change the website YES. Will they change the backend, Maybe. But wanting to bet that Voyager is coming is like me saying there will be nuclear war one day - of course there will be, but when and how will it impact everyone and NONE of us know that and how the hell can anyone trust what we've been told based on their abysmal track record from corporate to sales.

1. The new preview says stay tuned for what will be launched next year and that entry on the website is dated February of THIS year so we need to be looking 2018 at the earliest based on this FACT. Of course I don't see how anyone, including Wyndham can believe what they say or print. Either way we know they are not even claiming this year.

2. Voyager has been coming since 2011. I only know that dates as it was the first time it was first mentioned to me in an owner update and I almost swallowed the bait on an upgrade to the 'vip points going away except on developer purchases). Let's all agree as FACT that this, whatever it is, has been a LONG time delayed, hence my reason for doubt #1 above as to even next year.

3. Wyndham has serious accounting/inventory/point issues that they clearly cannot figure out. This is a fact based on the thousands of posts in this thread alone. No one, NO ONE (not even the idiots at Wyndham) would roll out a new software package unless they can determine and resolve the problems being created in inventory for fear that they will replicate over again. AND before anyone says it - of course someone is going to say- "well the new system will probably be the fix for that"-- the fix for WHAT? They don't know what's wrong. Now I know this seems far fetched but remember we are talking about WYNDHAM - of course they don't know what's going on. They've told all these people they don't have a resolution to the problem, and we've confirmed it's still going on. Even Ron who has 'settled' is still locked out, can't do anything and has no explanation from Wyndham as to what happened or what they have done to correct it on the many different reasons everyone may or may not be in their own lockout problem. FACT: They can't fix what they don't know is wrong.

4. They just had a major leadership change. This was all birthed under old leadership. Anyone who has ever worked in a corporate or military world knows that when the top changes, things down stream change. The new guy/gal wants to put his name on it and have ownership. God knows we have all seen this with Wyndham over the years. Fact: New guy at top, things are going to get reviewed AGAIN.

5. None of us --NO ONE has any clue about anything going on in Wyndham corporate. Don't claim to and for God sakes Robert, and I do like your posts, PLEASE do not believe ANYTHING a VC or OC tells you. Remember these are the same folks who will tell you that Cancel Re-book is not allowed, until you call back and get another on the phone. They are the same ones who will tell you that you cannot place a hold on a deluxe room rental with do not move, until you call back and get another that does know this is allowed. These are the same folks who will tell you that cancelled credit pool points get a new expiration date of the longest date when they go back in pool after cancellation, or that they go back to the original date, or that go back to the original contract and sometimes will admit they don't know. FACT: VC and OC folks are a total hit and miss for accuracy and honesty.

In summary - none of us knows anything (I don't care HOW MANY MEETINGS we've all been to and been told this is coming) so let's understand and all agree that we are speculating as to what might or might not be. No one knows anymore than anyone else. Everyone can dream and that is what each of us are doing.

Ron you have made this point and I think it the golden thought for me but I'm going to expand upon it --- for many years Wyndham has been trying to overhaul their system with no success. Each year the system wears down a little more, rules change and they try to make amends. The name voyager sits upon a department directory in Orlando. There is a preview website that is not functional beyond providing information in a different modernized look. There is a post on this same website saying that the full roll out will be next year - in a post dated 2017, so this MUST mean 2018. Lots of people are having problems, which we know that as of this month are still happening. And let us not forget what started TUGBBS - timeshare people lie. (Sometimes knowingly and sometimes just repeating what they've been told).

Finally - who cares what they roll out? I mean all this talk about limiting VIP points and cancel/rebook and waiting list and one and one - boo! I mean there isn't poop any of us can do about it, right? When it happens, just like everything else, smart people will find a new plan and a new way to make money. Or we can all move over to another time share company - or God forbid, we go back to doing what we were doing before Wyndham.

This last fact: there has NEVER been a law passed for which a loop hole was not also created. We will all be ok, maybe better, maybe worse. Maybe we will still own Wyndham, maybe we will all give it back and go do something else. Really - was it that long ago. Do none of you remember a life before Wyndham? IF the worst case scenario is that you sell out or quit, is that really that awful? If you think so, then I need you to come with me to the children's hospital for my next volunteer day.

Now BACK to speculating :)

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Dear Happyhopian,
Nice summary of 1465 posts , and still growing .

As a TUG member / reader of this thread from about week 1 / and none Wyndham owner - I appreciate
your insightful thoughts .

Nice post for your number 82 - looking forward to 83

lcml11

Reaction score
... 5. None of us --NO ONE has any clue about anything going on in Wyndham corporate. Don't claim to and for God sakes Robert, and I do like your posts, PLEASE do not believe ANYTHING a VC or OC tells you. Remember these are the same folks who will tell you that Cancel Re-book is not allowed, until you call back and get another on the phone. They are the same ones who will tell you that you cannot place a hold on a deluxe room rental with do not move, until you call back and get another that does know this is allowed. These are the same folks who will tell you that cancelled credit pool points get a new expiration date of the longest date when they go back in pool after cancellation, or that they go back to the original date, or that go back to the original contract and sometimes will admit they don't know. FACT: VC and OC folks are a total hit and miss for accuracy and honesty...

I am very picky on what I actually believe and am flexible enough to change my mind, if wrong. I do not believe the Captain should go down with the ship. The rats that jump ship are probably the wise one.

Rebuttal time for Ron?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love reading these ping pong posts comparing everyone speculation and calling others out on what they do or do not know but this is giving me a headache watching all these good folks get wound up, betting and daring each other about total speculation. So let's all take a moment and be honest for a second - no one KNOWS what IS or is NOT going to happen tomorrow or next year at Wyndham (and I'm including Wyndham folks).

A lot of respectable folks are throwing down a lot of shade on total hypothesis. No matter how many times they have talked about Voyager at meetings Ron (whom I have lots of respect for) - it STILL is not here. FACT, It has missed EVERY deadline which has been stated to you. FACT. HOW do you as a VERY respectable person continue to believe what you are told? Are they going to launch something called voyager which will have something to do with a new booking system YES some day they will. Will they change the website YES. Will they change the backend, Maybe. But wanting to bet that Voyager is coming is like me saying there will be nuclear war one day - of course there will be, but when and how will it impact everyone and NONE of us know that and how the hell can anyone trust what we've been told based on their abysmal track record from corporate to sales.

1. The new preview says stay tuned for what will be launched next year and that entry on the website is dated February of THIS year so we need to be looking 2018 at the earliest based on this FACT. Of course I don't see how anyone, including Wyndham can believe what they say or print. Either way we know they are not even claiming this year.

2. Voyager has been coming since 2011. I only know that dates as it was the first time it was first mentioned to me in an owner update and I almost swallowed the bait on an upgrade to the 'vip points going away except on developer purchases). Let's all agree as FACT that this, whatever it is, has been a LONG time delayed, hence my reason for doubt #1 above as to even next year.

3. Wyndham has serious accounting/inventory/point issues that they clearly cannot figure out. This is a fact based on the thousands of posts in this thread alone. No one, NO ONE (not even the idiots at Wyndham) would roll out a new software package unless they can determine and resolve the problems being created in inventory for fear that they will replicate over again. AND before anyone says it - of course someone is going to say- "well the new system will probably be the fix for that"-- the fix for WHAT? They don't know what's wrong. Now I know this seems far fetched but remember we are talking about WYNDHAM - of course they don't know what's going on. They've told all these people they don't have a resolution to the problem, and we've confirmed it's still going on. Even Ron who has 'settled' is still locked out, can't do anything and has no explanation from Wyndham as to what happened or what they have done to correct it on the many different reasons everyone may or may not be in their own lockout problem. FACT: They can't fix what they don't know is wrong.

4. They just had a major leadership change. This was all birthed under old leadership. Anyone who has ever worked in a corporate or military world knows that when the top changes, things down stream change. The new guy/gal wants to put his name on it and have ownership. God knows we have all seen this with Wyndham over the years. Fact: New guy at top, things are going to get reviewed AGAIN.

5. None of us --NO ONE has any clue about anything going on in Wyndham corporate. Don't claim to and for God sakes Robert, and I do like your posts, PLEASE do not believe ANYTHING a VC or OC tells you. Remember these are the same folks who will tell you that Cancel Re-book is not allowed, until you call back and get another on the phone. They are the same ones who will tell you that you cannot place a hold on a deluxe room rental with do not move, until you call back and get another that does know this is allowed. These are the same folks who will tell you that cancelled credit pool points get a new expiration date of the longest date when they go back in pool after cancellation, or that they go back to the original date, or that go back to the original contract and sometimes will admit they don't know. FACT: VC and OC folks are a total hit and miss for accuracy and honesty.

In summary - none of us knows anything (I don't care HOW MANY MEETINGS we've all been to and been told this is coming) so let's understand and all agree that we are speculating as to what might or might not be. No one knows anymore than anyone else. Everyone can dream and that is what each of us are doing.

Ron you have made this point and I think it the golden thought for me but I'm going to expand upon it --- for many years Wyndham has been trying to overhaul their system with no success. Each year the system wears down a little more, rules change and they try to make amends. The name voyager sits upon a department directory in Orlando. There is a preview website that is not functional beyond providing information in a different modernized look. There is a post on this same website saying that the full roll out will be next year - in a post dated 2017, so this MUST mean 2018. Lots of people are having problems, which we know that as of this month are still happening. And let us not forget what started TUGBBS - timeshare people lie. (Sometimes knowingly and sometimes just repeating what they've been told).

Finally - who cares what they roll out? I mean all this talk about limiting VIP points and cancel/rebook and waiting list and one and one - boo! I mean there isn't poop any of us can do about it, right? When it happens, just like everything else, smart people will find a new plan and a new way to make money. Or we can all move over to another time share company - or God forbid, we go back to doing what we were doing before Wyndham.

This last fact: there has NEVER been a law passed for which a loop hole was not also created. We will all be ok, maybe better, maybe worse. Maybe we will still own Wyndham, maybe we will all give it back and go do something else. Really - was it that long ago. Do none of you remember a life before Wyndham? IF the worst case scenario is that you sell out or quit, is that really that awful? If you think so, then I need you to come with me to the children's hospital for my next volunteer day.

Now BACK to speculating :)

I think Im probably the guy that brought up voyager in this thread.. As you suggest I think its a real thing and I think its going to happen sometime in 2017, but I could be wrong, but I dont think so (I thought I was wrong once but as it turned out I was wrong about that) Bottom line, it dosent matter whether Im right or wrong

The reason I brought up voyager in this thread had nothing to do with speculation on what voyager will or will not do, or when or if it will ever happen. What I was trying to do is offer a possible explanation for why resolution of the suspensions mess was taking so long

I think we all agree what caused an account to be suspended was having more points to make reservations with (and points in reservations) in an account than can be justified by the annual allocation of points for the contracts owned. ie "extra" points. To resolve this mess Wyndham has to do three things, 1) figure out how the "extra" points were generated 2) take back the extra points and most importantly 3) make sure it can never happen again

I offered a hypothisis. I assume Wyndham now knows that the "extra" points were due, in part, to computer errors and since they have a new computer system in the final stages of development, my best guess is that instead of fixing the old system, they are waiting for the new system

Voyager may fix the problem, or may not. Voyager may come out this year or may not, Voyager may be just a pretty new website or maybe more, but that has nothing to do with what Im suggesting. Which, once again, is that Wyndham may be delaying resolution of the suspensions mess until Voyager is introduced.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am very picky on what I actually believe and am flexible enough to change my mind, if wrong. I do not believe the Captain should go down with the ship. The rats that jump ship are probably the wise one.

Rebuttal time for Ron?

I would agree or disagree with what you are saying, but I dont know what that is
Im pretty slow, and in my old age Ive gotten slower, so it took me a while to figure out that lcml11 is the old RRLongwell reincarnated. Welcome back old friend. I see your comments are every bit as inscrutable as they ever were. so let me answer in kind

images

This thread started back in august with the original post asking the question. Has anyone else gotten a suspension email? . We've gone on for nearly 60 pages trying to figure out the "who" and the "why" of this question. The discussion has explored a number of possibilities. and we are left with the one unanswered question... why is it taking so long?

You dropped into this discussion just a few pages ago and now you invite my Rebuttal. So far I have nothing to rebut, because I have no idea what you are saying. What is your answer or position on the following questions

1) The original question...have you been suspended?
2) why did wyndham suspend some accounts?, and how many?
3) do the suspended accounts have anything in common?, what?
4) What is Wyndham doing to resolve these suspensions
5) What is Wyndham doing to prevent this from happening again
6) Do the suspensions have anything to do with renting or megarenters
7) Do other owners (unsuspended) have anything to worry about?
8) What is the likely resolution?
9) why is it taking so long

You should know we have talked these subjects to death and i think except for #9, we have come to some consensus answers.
Its clear you have something to say. If its to add to the discussion or provide new answers to the questions especially #9, by all means post your thoughts, but if you have something to say that is off the topic of this thread, why dont you just start a new thread.

Last edited:

happyhopian

Reaction score
Dear Happyhopian,
Nice summary of 1465 posts , and still growing .

As a TUG member / reader of this thread from about week 1 / and none Wyndham owner - I appreciate
your insightful thoughts .

Nice post for your number 82 - looking forward to 83

You're welcome but it wasn't a summary of this thread. In fact this whole voyager speculation has nothing to do with this thread and it seems to be stirring up folks that serves no point.

Maybe one day I'll grow up to be like you - a posting leader here and remain a Wyndham owner :)

Have a blessed day

happyhopian

Reaction score
I would agree of disagree with what you are saying, but I dont know what that is
Im pretty slow, and in my old age Ive gotten slower, so it took me a while to figure out that lcml11 is the old RRLongwell reincarnated. Welcome back old friend. I see your comments are every bit as inscrutable as they ever were. so let me answer in kind

images

This thread started back in august with the original post asking the question. Has anyone else gotten a suspension email? . We've gone on for nearly 60 pages trying to figure out the "who" and the "why" of this question. The discussion has explored a number of possibilities. and we are left with the one unanswered question... why is it taking so long?

You dropped into this discussion just a few pages ago and now you invite my Rebuttal. So far I have nothing to rebut, because I have no idea what you are saying. What is your answer or position on the following questions

You should know we have talked these subjects to death and i think except for #9, we have come to some consensus answers.
Its clear you have something to say. If its to add to the discussion or provide new answers to the questions especially #9, by all means post your thoughts, but if you have something to say that is off the topic of this thread, why dont you just start a new thread.

Ron I think you nailed exactly what this thread was supposed to be about but I'm not supposed to offer my thoughts until I get more posts (even though I own 3 million points and pay $1,700 a month in Maint fees ) I guess it's all about how much one posts to determine They're knowledge or investment ;)

On another note, what was the date of the next meeting. I will be in Orlando for August. Did you say it was then?

Last edited:

lcml11

Reaction score
I would agree of disagree with what you are saying, but I dont know what that is

images

I have not been suspended from point use for question 1. The restriction I mention was years ago and the restriction does not go away with time as far as know. I have run into it relatively recently. The other questions should be addressed to others. Some of question, I believe have been, in whole or part, answered by others. I am posting to the Voyager Thread so a new thread is not needed that is started by me. For what it is worth (probably nothing) to the extent Wyndham intends to let suspended accounts use their points - with limited restrictions, this probably has already been done. To the extent that they have not modified the suspension, they may not intend to (Question 9).

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron I think you nailed exactly what this thread was supposed to be about but I'm not supposed to offer my thoughts until I get more posts (even though I own 3 million points and pay $1,700 a month in Maint fees ) I guess it's all about how much one posts to determine They're knowledge or investment ;)

On another note, what was the date of the next meeting. I will be in Orlando for August. Did you say it was then?

I didn't say. I assumed May but someone else said August.

Dosent matter much to me any more

You of course can post anytime and on any subject you wish, without objection. I tried to limit this thread to just Wyndham owners and just those owners impacted by the suspension. That wasn't well received. Too many posts are from those watching this train wreck and rejoicing in our misfortune or from those that have no idea what they are talking about; and I'm not crazy about that. But, no matter, to maintain the sinking ship analogy, that ship has sailed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.