• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Say your name is Ron?

Sorry -- I know this is beyond frustrating. The inconsistencies across the board -- from 'terms and conditions' agreed to (or not) to returning calls is unbelievable.

No replies by e-mail in 4 weeks and at that time they wanted to call me we were trying to resolve somethings. Or at least I thought.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just armchair quarterbacking, but...

Ron appears to have been willing to actively work with the folks at WVO. In return, they seem to be helping him. Flies, honey, vinegar, etc.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ron appears to have been willing to actively work with the folks at WVO. In return, they seem to be helping him. Flies, honey, vinegar, etc.

It may be what he is asking for or willing to accept.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score

That may be a part of it. There may also be recognition that Ron is very active (and vocal) with lots of connections within the timeshare and real estate business. It may also be the case that Wyndham is focusing on certain specific members/accounts first for various reasons. I don't think it has anything to do with surmising what one is "willing to accept" because they haven't even had a discussion with people to know what they would be willing to accept.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That may be a part of it. There may also be recognition that Ron is very active (and vocal) with lots of connections within the timeshare and real estate business. It may also be the case that Wyndham is focusing on certain specific members/accounts first for various reasons. I don't think it has anything to do with surmising what one is "willing to accept" because they haven't even had a discussion with people to know what they would be willing to accept.

I concur. It could be he is viewed by Wyndham as "patient zero," and once his situation is resovled, they will move on to others. My concern is that we have been told to contact the email address with our needs, as opposed to calling the normal phone numbers, and this email goes unresponded.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
It may be what he is asking for or willing to accept.

I'm sure that Ron makes himself available to talk to them when they contact him and doesn't expect them to call back at his convenience

Are you the person who mentioned in your posts that there have been several times they have called you that you found it inconvenient to speak with them? In other circumstances and with another company I wouldn't be saying this but now seems to be the time to shout FROG and ask how high on the way up when they say jump.

I may be mistaken but I'm under the impression that Wyndham is only currently dealing/negotiating with the owners who are just seeking to get out without losing their shirts because they manipulated the system in some way or found a way to get many more points than they owned which they then used. Although your situation may be different from theirs I still don't believe that Wyndham will consider compensating you for damages or loss of income no matter how justifiable it is. If you are considering any legal action against Wyndham I would recommend finding out everything you can so you have a clear and realistic understanding of what you can expect, both monetary and treatment, if you would decide to go that route. Because you want more than to just be unfrozen I'm guessing that unfortunately your account has now most likely been flagged as uncooperative and or hostile. However if you can accept dealing with being frozen as a separate issue from compensation, getting some kind of legal help to assist you in opening a dialogue to resolve your being frozen might be a course of action you would want to consider at this point.

Another thing to consider from what Ron has said is that Wyndham may be determined to force you out and if that is the case you don't have too many options. If you are in a situation where you are continuing to pay an enormous amount of maintenance fees but aren't able to bring in the income to offset them, then Wyndham is holding all the cards while you dangle in the wind. It may be time to kiss the money you've lost goodbye and start thinking very seriously about an exit strategy that allows you not to lose your shirt rather than to engage in a lengthy battle you aren't likely to even break even on in the end. A bitter pill to swallow and big enough to choke a horse.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

At this point all I can say is:

“The parties have satisfactorily resolved all of their differences.”

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
At this point all I can say is:

“The parties have satisfactorily resolved all of their differences.”

Sounds like the standard non-disclosure is part of the satisfactory resolution of "all their differences".

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that Ron makes himself available to talk to them when they contact him and doesn't expect them to call back at his convenience

Are you the person who mentioned in your posts that there have been several times they have called you that you found it inconvenient to speak with them? In other circumstances and with another company I wouldn't be saying this but now seems to be the time to shout FROG and ask how high on the way up when they say jump.

Your post seems to assume a lot of things. My number 1 goal through all of this since August is to make sure my guests reservations are secure. I cannot just exit because of that. I also have too much invested to just walk away.

Yes Wyndham wanted to schedule a meeting for 6 days out and I told them that day would not work. Never heard back from them on that and it is now 4 weeks later.

Does anyone agree with Wyndham pushing owners around and forcing them out? Who would ever buy from such a company?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Your post seems to assume a lot of things. My number 1 goal through all of this since August is to make sure my guests reservations are secure. I cannot just exit because of that. I also have too much invested to just walk away.

Yes Wyndham wanted to schedule a meeting for 6 days out and I told them that day would not work. Never heard back from them on that and it is now 4 weeks later.

Does anyone agree with Wyndham pushing owners around and forcing them out? Who would ever buy from such a company?

Well, since Ron's not talking, it's hard to say what they are trying to do but that could be it. Maybe they are hoping that if the mega renters will lose enough money that they will give up and sell or give away their timeshares. The problem is, the mega renters have dumped a ton of money into Wyndham, just like you have, and are not going to just give up. The non-mega renters spent a small fortune on their points with no return on the investment like the mega renters get. They lose even more. If I paid six figures to become VIP, I would not be giving that up. I'm sure Wyndham knows that it will not be easy to force owners out.

Since Wyndham is a publicly traded company, they have to answer to the shareholders. They have votes on stuff. Not sure if you get one vote per share or just one vote per shareholder. Maybe someone with more knowledge then I can answer that. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get enough voting power to be able to make their lives difficult too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, since Ron's not talking, it's hard to say what they are trying to do but that could be it. Maybe they are hoping that if the mega renters will lose enough money that they will give up and sell or give away their timeshares. The problem is, the mega renters have dumped a ton of money into Wyndham, just like you have, and are not going to just give up. The non-mega renters spent a small fortune on their points with no return on the investment like the mega renters get. They lose even more. If I paid six figures to become VIP, I would not be giving that up. I'm sure Wyndham knows that it will not be easy to force owners out.

Since Wyndham is a publicly traded company, they have to answer to the shareholders. They have votes on stuff. Not sure if you get one vote per share or just one vote per shareholder. Maybe someone with more knowledge then I can answer that. I'm just wondering if it's possible to get enough voting power to be able to make their lives difficult too.

Each share gets a vote...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts

Ron apparently has had his issues resolved to his satisfaction. What do you attribute the difference between your situation and his to?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Ron apparently has had his issues resolved to his satisfaction. What do you attribute the difference between your situation and his to?

Ron had some sort of leverage?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Compromising photo's of Franz Hanning? Maybe the two events are related... hmmm

John_and_Val

Reaction score
This is kinda like the guy who gets 20 years in prison for running drugs. 5 years in, you see him on the streets.......
How did he get out so early???????? Information is worth a lot to the right people.

Some call that guy a rat......Some call him a genius!!!!!
We might not ever know....but obviously changes are coming. And Ron did what was in his best interest. I advise all to do the same. If you think Wyndham is going to roll over and play dead.....you are gravely mistaken. I think they know more now than ever.....And with all the frozen accounts - they will get more information on the real way their system is run.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron had some sort of leverage?

Doesn't sound like that. It sounds more like New England Patriots "accepting" a $500,000 fine and loss of draft picks over the "DeflateGate" debacle. They really had no choice in the matter, but attempted to take the high road.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Doesn't sound like that. It sounds more like New England Patriots "accepting" a $500,000 fine and loss of draft picks over the "DeflateGate" debacle. They really had no choice in the matter, but attempted to take the high road.

I think you may be right. He may have also brought a lawyer in on it to help speed things up.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Folks, the speculation (er, gossip) is a little unfair given that Ron can't say more than he has already.

Hmmmm. . . ."arm chair quarterbacking" . . . . "speculation er, gossip." Sounds like the exact same things.

Status
Not open for further replies.