• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Status
Not open for further replies.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I infer from this post that Presidential Reserve owners are able to jump in front of regular deeded owners to reserve the best units first?​

Think of Presidential Reserve as a separate "club" with its own inventory. Most of that inventory is exclusive to PR owners, until quite close to check-in. At that point, "regular Wyndham" owners can book PR inventory. Nothing that was in the "regular Wyndham" bucket got moved to PR, so there are "Presidential" units that aren't part of "Presidential Reserve."

PR owners can book "regular Wyndham" inventory according to the regular Wyndham rules, but if they do so, an equivalent amount of PR inventory is made available "early" to regular Wyndham owners.

True. While I do not agree with PR owners being able to book whatever they want at 10 months that is the way it was set up. A very good sales tool. Why do PR owners get first pick of what they want and non pr owners have to wait to see when pr inventory is released. Overall it is small potatoes and regulars could be grateful to get whatever is left over from Pr inventory it is not fair.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
am1, At one point I remember reading that in order to receive a "thaw" status on frozen accounts, you had to agree to several of Wyndham terms. I don't remember what they were other than one was you agree not to sell, give away or transfer any of your accounts until the audit was certified as complete. Did you agree to those terms and still did not receive the Thaw status or did you refuse to agree? I am just trying to see why some accounts were thawed to the point of making reservations and others were not.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
it is not fair.
It doesn't have to be "fair" because they are legally separate timeshare systems. It's also worth noting that you can acquire PR access via resale---you just aren't eligible for the (dubious) "pay to play" perks nor VIP benefits. But, you can get access to the units on PR rules.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
am1, At one point I remember reading that in order to receive a "thaw" status on frozen accounts, you had to agree to several of Wyndham terms. I don't remember what they were other than one was you agree not to sell, give away or transfer any of your accounts until the audit was certified as complete. Did you agree to those terms and still did not receive the Thaw status or did you refuse to agree? I am just trying to see why some accounts were thawed to the point of making reservations and others were not.

I was never offered those terms. I was other terms that were not very favorable.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe there were other terms but I don't think anyone shared what they all were. So then the difference between the thawed and frozen accounts are that the thawed owners agreed to Wyndham terms.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Can I infer from this post that Presidential Reserve owners are able to jump in front of regular deeded owners to reserve the best units first? If this is true, isn't that a bit unfair to non PR owners who made purchases prior to the existence of the PR program? And what is to stop them from creating an entirely different ownership level that allows for 15 month ARP (which a PR owner could access by buying more points of course).
What makes it not unfair is PR owners spent a pi$$pot full of money to achieve PR status. There's nothing stopping anyone from doing the same (except for the cost).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have me all wrong. If I gave the impression that I was speaking for anyone, that's just not what im trying to do.

I'm not speaking for anyone; I'm speaking to those that are frustrated by what's happening. With the hope that my experience might help put them at ease, to some degree

I've been there. Sleepless nights and absolute panic, frustration and tears when I'd be playing out the various possibilities in my head. Even when discussions began moving in an acceptable direction there were emotional ups and downs day to day. Only now that we are so close to a resolution I can taste it, have I been able to relax

The income I derive from timeshares is, except for a little social security check , my only income. And once I started to count on that income I stupididly adjusted my lifestyle to match it. (I even bought a yacht). When that income abruptly stopped on August 23 I was in trouble,

So now I m on a path toward a resolution. I know I'm further along than most. I am sleeping better because as I said, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not speaking for anyone but maybe my experience will help some other to understand that they are in a tunnel and not hole and there really is an end to it. Maybe not. but thats been my experience

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
What makes it not unfair is PR owners spent a pi$$pot full of money to achieve PR status. There's nothing stopping anyone from doing the same (except for the cost).

If PR has it's own inventory, then sure, it's not unfair. But if they are able to book non PR rooms prior to non PR owners who purchased before PR existed, then it it unfair. Non PR owners purchased with the understanding that they had first dibs at their deeded property. If WYN changed the rules after the fact to put someone in front of them, then it is unfair.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
BellaWyn - I fail to understand the crusade you seemingly are on, nor do I understand your need to persecute Ron by taking exception to almost every post he makes recently [in this thread].

He is offering a general message that he is hopeful that this is going to be resolved. He is not offering any ironclad assurances to any others that it will be. And as is his posting style he is offering his over-generalized opinions on some of the behind the scenes info he has gleaned.

Not sure why that drives you into the frenzy you seemingly are in based on the mulitude of your posts directed at him. Do you feel your diatribe is helping the conversation?

Last edited:

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
BellaWyn - I fail to understand the crusade you seemingly are on, nor do I understand your need to persecute Ron by taking exception to almost every post he makes.

He is offering a general message that he is hopeful that this is going to be resolved. He is not offering any ironclad assurances to any others that it will be. And as is his posting style he is offering his over-generalized opinions on the some of the behind the scenes info he has gleaned.

Not sure why that drives you into the frenzy you seemingly are in based on the mulitude of your posts directed at him. How do you feel your diatribe is helping the conversation?
x2 - not sure I get it either.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
If PR has it's own inventory, then sure, it's not unfair. But if they are able to book non PR rooms prior to non PR owners who purchased before PR existed, then it it unfair. Non PR owners purchased with the understanding that they had first dibs at their deeded property. If WYN changed the rules after the fact to put someone in front of them, then it is unfair.

PR owners only get access to non pr units at 10 months to check in like everyone else. What I find unfair is it is the pr owners who get to book non pr units inside 10 months before non pr units can book pr units. At what point are pr units released to compensate non pr owners? Pr are units that are released to non pr owners can go back to just being for pr owners if cancelled. It is not the same with pr owners booking non pr inventory.

Just like Club Wyndham access units being held for CWA owners at 13 - 10 months. That devalues my arp and chances of being able to book a reservation at my home resort.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of points being out of whack. Who is going to compensate me for not being able to get my discounts, upgrades, being able to shorten a reservation, reservations I was not able to cancel because no one answered the phone or called me back, reservations I could not use because no one would allow me to add a guest name to the reservation before check in, points that expired or will expire this December. Should it be the trust or Corporate Wyndham? What would be fair?

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Speaking of points being out of whack. Who is going to compensate me for not being able to get my discounts, upgrades, being able to shorten a reservation, reservations I was not able to cancel because no one answered the phone or called me back, reservations I could not use because no one would allow me to add a guest name to the reservation before check in, points that expired or will expire this December. Should it be the trust or Corporate Wyndham? What would be fair?

What is fair? I think that hinges on what potential counter-claim the trust have against any potential damages you have suffered.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that Will be very difficult to do. The problem with compensation is that even tho Wyndham has ignored or turned a blind eye, or doesn't have the ability to enforce their own rules, I believe that any action against Wyndham for compensation would be somewhat futile.

Reaction score
I think that Will be very difficult to do. The problem with compensation is that even tho Wyndham has ignored or turned a blind eye, or doesn't have the ability to enforce their own rules, I believe that any action against Wyndham for compensation would be somewhat futile.

I know I have not nearly the amount of skin in this game as am1, however I asked for similar compensation for my thawed account. For example, I was unfrozen around Sept 26 and had points expiring Sept 30. Originally I was told they would extend the expiration date of those points. However that did not happen and now I am told it won't happen. I am told I could have used them. I just don't know how they can say such things with a straight face or a clear conscience. When I said a 4 day window to find and use a reservation isn't reasonable she said I could have transferred the points to RCI. Other things happened to me as well, couldn't upgrade, couldn't book several things family was asking about (and availability was there) couldn't cancel, etc. I took screen shots and have documentation but it didn't matter to the last person I spoke with.

For me, I'll most likely move on as it just isn't worth the battle. Of course that is dependent on the final outcome of all of this.

Hoping this is nearing an end and we're cleared (soon) of any further restrictions, etc.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps costly, drawn out for a very long period of time, and a huge headache to pursue, but not wholely futile, per se. WYN dislikes having their dirty laundry aired in a court of public opinion. If an owner, or group of owners, had enough evidence of enough dirty laundry, they would attempt a settlement.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
But if they are able to book non PR rooms prior to non PR owners who purchased before PR existed, then it it unfair.
They are not. They can only book non-PR inventory at 10 months, just like any other Wyndham owner.

BellaWyn - I fail to understand the crusade you seemingly are on
Add me to this chorus.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps costly, drawn out for a very long period of time, and a huge headache to pursue, but not wholely futile, per se. WYN dislikes having their dirty laundry aired in a court of public opinion. If an owner, or group of owners, had enough evidence of enough dirty laundry, they would attempt a settlement.

I have started to suspect this is your agenda and why you are taking such exception to Ron's posts that things will be worked out.

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have started to suspect this is your agenda and why you are taking such exception to Ron's posts that things will be worked out.
As is the spirit of TUG you certainly have a right to your suspicions, inaccurate as it is. it was simply a response to something unrelated to any of Ron's posts, which I have never taken any exception to his posturing of working things out or being agreeable in the process.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I have not nearly the amount of skin in this game as am1, however I asked for similar compensation for my thawed account. For example, I was unfrozen around Sept 26 and had points expiring Sept 30. Originally I was told they would extend the expiration date of those points. However that did not happen and now I am told it won't happen. I am told I could have used them. I just don't know how they can say such things with a straight face or a clear conscience. When I said a 4 day window to find and use a reservation isn't reasonable she said I could have transferred the points to RCI. Other things happened to me as well, couldn't upgrade, couldn't book several things family was asking about (and availability was there) couldn't cancel, etc. I took screen shots and have documentation but it didn't matter to the last person I spoke with.

For me, I'll most likely move on as it just isn't worth the battle. Of course that is dependent on the final outcome of all of this.

Hoping this is nearing an end and we're cleared (soon) of any further restrictions, etc.

I would hope you would fight for what Wyndham took from you and damages. Does not seem like Wyndham is acting in good faith when we hear these things.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can I infer from this post that Presidential Reserve owners are able to jump in front of regular deeded owners to reserve the best units first? If this is true, isn't that a bit unfair to non PR owners who made purchases prior to the existence of the PR program? And what is to stop them from creating an entirely different ownership level that allows for 15 month ARP (which a PR owner could access by buying more points of course).

The answer to this is a resounding "No." Presidential Reserve owners are allowed to use ARP for ONLY PR inventory that is available at their home resort at the 14 month window, and other PR inventory at other PR resorts at 12 month window. There are only a dozen or so (maybe a few more now) resorts that have dedicated PR inventory. And this inventory is only available to PR owners until it hits 30 day window, at which point they open up to all Club Wyndham owners. Ron has pointed out in the past that this inventory is similar to the Margaritaville properties and inventory and its owners.

I cannot use ARP to get non-PR units. I can only reserve those at the ten-month window. I have NO ability to get those non-PR units any earlier than anyone else. So, it is a benefit to have PR for the few resorts and few units but it does not unfairly place a PR owner above other non-PR owners for regular inventory.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
True. While I do not agree with PR owners being able to book whatever they want at 10 months that is the way it was set up. A very good sales tool. Why do PR owners get first pick of what they want and non pr owners have to wait to see when pr inventory is released. Overall it is small potatoes and regulars could be grateful to get whatever is left over from Pr inventory it is not fair.

As a PR owner, I can state unequivocally that I do NOT get access to non-PR inventory prior to the ten month window when it comes available to all Club Wyndham owners. I do have access to PR units at 14 months at my "home" resort and at other PR resorts at 12 months, but ONLY for PR units, nothing more.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

PR does have its own inventory. PR owners do NOT have ARP access to non-PR rooms at ANY resort, including their home resort. For instance, I am a PR owner at Bonnet Creek. I can book PR rooms there 14 months prior. However, if I wish to book a non-PR room, I have to wait until 10 months to do so, even though it is my home resort. It is really odd, but I have several years of being denied trying to book deluxe units as precedent setting history.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
The answer to this is a resounding "No." Presidential Reserve owners are allowed to use ARP for ONLY PR inventory that is available at their home resort at the 14 month window, and other PR inventory at other PR resorts at 12 month window. There are only a dozen or so (maybe a few more now) resorts that have dedicated PR inventory. And this inventory is only available to PR owners until it hits 30 day window, at which point they open up to all Club Wyndham owners. Ron has pointed out in the past that this inventory is similar to the Margaritaville properties and inventory and its owners.

I cannot use ARP to get non-PR units. I can only reserve those at the ten-month window. I have NO ability to get those non-PR units any earlier than anyone else. So, it is a benefit to have PR for the few resorts and few units but it does not unfairly place a PR owner above other non-PR owners for regular inventory.

But at 10 months you have access to non pr inventory as well as pr inventory held for pr owners. If it was not for regular owners then there would be no non pr inventory to book. To me Wyndham made PR more valuable by doing this at a cost to non pr owners.

Status
Not open for further replies.