• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Account Audit Question

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
I just closed on my first contract a couple of weeks ago. On day one I noticed that the points were incorrect. They had the wrong amounts reflected in the wrong years. I called and they are doing an audit on the account to get them correct. It has been two weeks and nothing has been done yet. I am wondering if this is normal. When I called they told me it would be done in 5-7 days. Well, after waiting almost 5 months for the contract to close I took this with a grain of salt. I am concerned about booking anything for 2018 until it is fixed. Any information that those more experienced with wyndham can offer would be great. Thanks so much.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just closed on my first contract a couple of weeks ago. On day one I noticed that the points were incorrect. They had the wrong amounts reflected in the wrong years. I called and they are doing an audit on the account to get them correct. It has been two weeks and nothing has been done yet. I am wondering if this is normal. When I called they told me it would be done in 5-7 days. Well, after waiting almost 5 months for the contract to close I took this with a grain of salt. I am concerned about booking anything for 2018 until it is fixed. Any information that those more experienced with wyndham can offer would be great. Thanks so much.

Ladies and gentlemen I present "your Wyndham brain trust".

Unfortunately this has been all to common because Wyndham rushed their new website to production without proper testing. Keep calling and emailing every day. Not sure it works but I've given up ... and that hasn't worked. Sorry I have no good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
Oh boy......

I have been calling but it's tough because I cannot be on hold for over an hour every day. I cannot believe the wait time on the phone. Is there an email address that I can send to. I literally have no idea how to contact them other than the phone and its just awful being on hold listening to that music for an hour. If there is an email address I would be grateful if you would share it. Thanks.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I really wish there was at least a secured message one could send when you are signed onto their website. Those are great to just send to get information that doesnt need a back and forth concersation. They of course don't exist with Wyndham.

I never seen a general email address either.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a website called Elliott.org. It is a consumer advice/help website and gives you recommendations about what tone to take in your emails. Christopher Elliott is a travel writer.

The site contains a list of executive contacts for Wyndham Vacation Ownership. They suggest you start at the lower level of contacts, provide accurate details, including what steps you've already taken to resolve the problem, and do not insult or threaten.

Here is the link for the Wyndham contact page: http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/wyndham-vacation-ownership/

Good luck

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a website called Elliott.org. It is a consumer advice/help website and gives you recommendations about what tone to take in your emails. Christopher Elliott is a travel writer.

The site contains a list of executive contacts for Wyndham Vacation Ownership. They suggest you start at the lower level of contacts, provide accurate details, including what steps you've already taken to resolve the problem, and do not insult or threaten.

Here is the link for the Wyndham contact page: http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/wyndham-vacation-ownership/

Good luck

Note that Elliott has Franz Hanning as President and Chief Executive Officer... Franz has retired

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Oh boy......

I have been calling but it's tough because I cannot be on hold for over an hour every day. I cannot believe the wait time on the phone. Is there an email address that I can send to. I literally have no idea how to contact them other than the phone and its just awful being on hold listening to that music for an hour. If there is an email address I would be grateful if you would share it. Thanks.

Call right at 8 AM in the morning. Choose option 3 then 2 and hold time should be at a minimum.

CoachK

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None
OK so I have to give the devil his due and praise when it is deserved. I called this morning and after an hour hold talked to a girl in owner care. She stayed on the phone with me for about 20 minutes and had me email the estoppel directly to her. She then got the go ahead to go in and change the points herself. As of tonight when I got home from work it is done. Points are correct and all is right with the world. She really was a great person to deal with. She also acknowledged their frustration with the new system and all of the flaws since the roll out.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Call right at 8 AM in the morning. Choose option 3 then 2 and hold time should be at a minimum.

Too many people calling using this option. Wyndham has wised up to it. It no longer sends you to OC. You now get a Sr VC and they have to decide if you warrant getting passed to OC.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK so I have to give the devil his due and praise when it is deserved. I called this morning and after an hour hold talked to a girl in owner care. She stayed on the phone with me for about 20 minutes and had me email the estoppel directly to her. She then got the go ahead to go in and change the points herself. As of tonight when I got home from work it is done. Points are correct and all is right with the world. She really was a great person to deal with. She also acknowledged their frustration with the new system and all of the flaws since the roll out.
CoachK, still no adjustment on my points but I was able to log back in with the help of this forum.