*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

Aargh---owners update

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by bccash63, Apr 23, 2012.

1. bccash63

bccash63 TUG Member

:crash: Why oh why did I let them talk me into it. I don't do owners updates--its been 3 1/2 yrs since the last unpleasant experience. Here at Sedona--had to get my 'parking pass'. Told them no not interested in an update 3x. He kept increasing the visa gift card--went from $25 to $75 and a promise of this is only an update on benefits and changes to the program--we are not trying to sell you anything blah blah blah. Can't believe I fell for it:wall: Told the saleman I belong to TUG, Wyndham owners forum, was a savy resale buyer, well versed in the program etc., not interested in upgrading or purchasing today. He got mad 'then why are you wasting my time?' I told him this is why I don't do updates--can't believe I let them talk me in to it: I repeat I will NEVER let myself get talked in to another 'update'. Just needed to vent--Dawn
    Hope my Broken Arrow Jeep trip is awesome--using the $75 visa gift card to pay for it

2. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Thanks for the update on how the Update went. Look on the bright side, you got the gift and did not spend much time there. You may have broke the code on how to get the Owner's Update in a very short period of time.

3. pacodemountainside

pacodemountainside TUG Member

Just tell them the truth!

1. They would not give me my parking pass

2. I will rent my soul to the Devil if price is right

3. Only 1(one) in some 15-20 buy. Who lied to you and told you I was that one?

4. Why don't body snatchers tell the truth, you are being signed up for 2-3 hour ordeal where one or more sales people will beat you up, ridicule, lie, etc. Rhetorical question! Would not get my bounty and you would not get any one to try and scam!

Just remember they have to gift you if alive at end of proscribed time or they terminate early per 30 Fairfield Rules of Conduct.:cheer:

4. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

recently I have been taking Pacos approach.. I just tell the truth. It makes for a painless experience on my side of the table. I cant speak for the salesman however.

5. New2time

New2time TUG Member

bccash63- going to Sedona in June- guess I can expect to have to get a "parking pass" then- can I avoid the parking pass? What will happen, if anything, if I dont get it there?

6. artringwald

artringwald TUG Member

My first owners update I also got the "we just want to go over the changes in the program" and then the "then why are you wasting my time?". If it's raining and I'm bored, I'll do an "update" without DW. Since no spouse means no gift, and no credit toward their quota, they'll usually give me a newbie to let him practice his lines. It is interested to find out the current selling prices, and amazing that people are still buying at those prices.

7. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

You may want to review the following link.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169515

8. jjmanthei05

jjmanthei05 TUG Member

I have come to the point of just telling the salesman that I have heard and know about "XYZ" program so they can't start to explain it and That I have paid $386 for my 500,000 points. It usually ends it pretty quick.

Jason

9. dr_adventure

dr_adventure Guest

I always tell them - well the person offered me $XXX and I know her job is just to get me to come - Sounds like you need to change your organizational policy if you are upset with me.

10. dbmarch

dbmarch TUG Member

My answer: Because you wanted to give me $75! Why are you wasting my time?

This always happens to me and I usually get kicked out of the room where they are selling (after i get my gift).:whoopie:

11. bccash63

bccash63 TUG Member

I may use this answer in the future-I like it! dawn

12. momeason

momeason TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I bet you loved your Broken Arrow trip. We hiked that trail 2 weeks ago. Sedona is awesome!! We got $125 w/o a presentation in Branson today. They decided we were a potential problem...correct on that!

13. bccash63

bccash63 TUG Member

Yes, the pink jeep tour was awesome. Have never been to Sedona before and can't wait to go back. On a side note-I did a fairly painless presentation with Diamond Resorts for 'the ancients way' helicoptor tour with Red Rock helicoptors--it was fabulous and worth the 90 mins I gave Diamond for $137.05. Although I did tell them at the start that I almost cancelled because of the bad experience I had with my Wyndham owners update.
    DAWN

14. momeason

momeason TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We want to go back to Sedona again..maybe fall next time. It was gorgeous!

15. madrusty

madrusty TUG Member

Who needs a parking pass anyway?

I usually don't bother with the parking pass. Never had a problem without it, since it's just a ruse for update.
    Kim

16. Kozman

Kozman TUG Member

I save and sometimes use my old ones. No one ever looks unless your car catches on fire or is blocking something.