*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

3 Ohio women held hostage now free

Discussion in 'TUG Lounge' started by Tia, May 7, 2013.

1. Tia

Tia TUG Member

2. Carol C

Carol C TUG Lifetime Member

Natalie Holloway went missing in Aruba which is surrounded by water. Not much chance she's been holed up in some house there, but then again the authorities in Aruba didn't give the victim's family much support or so I've heard. So maybe there is hope for Natalie Holloway...but really there needs to be pressure from US Citizens for that case to be re-opened. (Might I suggest a travel boycott to Aruba? I sure wouldn't ever go there after what happened to that poor girl and the awful treatment the Holloway family got from Aruban officials.)

As for the three girls found in Ohio after a decade of being missing, I can only say this is a miracle and such wonderful news today. And Mr Charles Ramsey the neighborhood man who heard screams and aided in the rescue is to be applauded for not turning a blind eye to someone in need. Cleveland needs to give him the key to the city or something...he could have just ignored screams, especially if it's a bad neighborhood...but he chose to get involved. God Bless Mr Ramsey!

3. AwayWeGo

AwayWeGo TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

More Happy Endings Needed.

Pray for Katherine & Sheila Lyon, who have been missing since 1975.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

4. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I'm thankful that they are safe. I cannot imagine what they all went through for 10 years, being kept under the radar like that.

5. Phydeaux

Phydeaux TUG Member

Just curious, did you also boycott your travel to Mexico when Jon Hammer, the young ex Marine was tossed in jail, beaten, and chained to a bunk and kept in a cell for 5 months for making the error of bringing his grandfathers shotgun. That he voluntarily declared at the border no less?

6. SMHarman

SMHarman TUG Member

7. Carol C

Yes, I did in fact boycott until after he was released. I can and do personally boycott products, places, etc when injustice bothers the crap out of me. Thanks for asking! :wave:

8. Carol C

Here's some astonishing new info...

I put in bold the part of this yahoo news article that strikes me as odd. If the community is so tight knit, how is it that 3 girls can be held captive in a house for 10 years? Oh...and to think one of the perps was a school bus driver just sickens me, too.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout...nda-berry-real-hero-kidnapping-141444873.html

An American flag and a Puerto Rican flag hung outside the front door of the house Tuesday. The Puerto Rican flag bothered Lucy Delgado, a nearby resident with family living in the largely Puerto Rican neighborhood. "It doesn't deserve to be there," Delgado said of the flag. "This is like, oh my God crazy stuff like this should never happen here."

Delgado described the community as tight knit. "Everybody knows each others business," she said.

Police declined to provide specific details about the home where the women were kept or its condition upon their arrival on Monday. They said the home is an active crime scene and detectives were processing it through the night.

9. laurac260

laurac260 Guest

This may very well have been a tight knit community, but it doesn't seem the perp wanted to be one of the "threads". He put himself out there "just enough" to keep folks from wondering about him. Ironic that he has that much self control, yet he had no self control when he chose to do what he did. Sad that he didn't use his that sort of ability for good, instead of evil. :(

10. Beaglemom3

Beaglemom3 TUG Member

The good people of Aruba closed their businesses, schools, etc. to go out and search for Natalie. They volunteered their time and efforts to find this young woman on their own time & dime.

My information comes from being in Aruba and speaking to the locals soon after Natalie's disappearance. Many had dedicated themselves to search for her.

As for me, I could not punish these folks based on their actions. But, that's just me. I did feel differently prior to going to Aruba and had a knee-jerk reaction with wanting to boycott, etc., but I kept an open mind and learned the other side of the story.

My cab driver was the brother of the lead investigator. He would go out with the various volunteer search parties on his off-time from work.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  11. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

At least Joran van der Sloot is in jail for 28 years for murder. Meanwhile, back in Ohio, why were two of the Castro brothers released?

12. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

Common sense says that the captives indicated that they weren't involved...

13. tfranklin

tfranklin Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I pray for a miracle for Brittany Drexel, a teenager from my home here in Rochester, NY who went missing in Myrtle Beach about 4 years ago. I can't possibly imagine the horror of not knowing year after year!

14. Sea Six

Sea Six TUG Member

Common sense would be if the brothers reported what was going on to the police about 9 years ago. These guys knew what was going on and did nothing to stop it.

15. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

How do you know that?

16. Phydeaux

Phydeaux TUG Member

Common sense?

17. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

One of my brothers is in my house once a year for Christmas, the other one hasn't been in my house for years. They have no idea who I have chained in the basement...

18. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions without knowing what really happened.

A friend of mine played in a band with the kidnapper and no one had any idea what was going on in that house. Should my friend be held also?

Let's wait for the facts to come out before we start hanging people.

19. csxjohn

csxjohn TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Tropic Shores, 2br. Summer Bay, 3br L/O. Bluegreen Pts.
    I don't suppose you'll give us a little hint so we can try to figure it out?:ignore:

20. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

They are Tuggers who wouldn't behave themselves... ;)

21. ace2000

ace2000 TUG Member

Anyone heard from Ride recently??? :eek:

22. geekette

geekette Guest

Sometimes there are things you simply do not know about people close to you. We are not open books. Plenty of news items over time of people conducting "secret lives".

I won't be hanging the brothers and assume there was no evidence to hold them. They may be just as horrified as the rest of us, but also may feel deep guilt and anguish for not figuring it out.

Common sense is not evidence.

23. Phydeaux

Phydeaux TUG Member

..meanwhile his mother and children are calling him a "monster".

24. presley

presley TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I've seen statements by the creep's daughter, his mother, his sister and his BIL. They all seem very traumatized by finding this out. I would imagine that his brothers are feeling the same way. This guy is obviously a pro at manipulating those around him. I wonder how many people have been emotionally ruined thanks to this creep.

25. Ridewithme38

Ridewithme38 TUG Member

A small house, with the only thing seperating the women for freedom being, drywall, glass and/or plywood....

Let me ask the other ladies here....Do you REALLY think over a 10yr period there was NO chance for that girl to escape if she wanted to? What if it was you....You don't think over 3,650 days you could have figured SOMETHING out?