• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 New Vacation Opportunities in Mexico

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
FROM HGVC CLUB TRAVELER - http://clubtraveler.hgvclub.com/where-go/check-out-3-new-vacation-opportunities-mexico

Club Members can already use their membership to vacation in Mexico by staying at one of Club’s many affiliated resorts, but in 2017, you will have even more opportunities. Thanks to Club affiliate Fiesta Americana, Members can reserve vacations at an additional three resorts in Mexico: Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta and Playa del Carmen.

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Available for reservations beginning March 11, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.

LAT20 by Live Aqua
Available for booking beginning March 1, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.

Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
Available for booking beginning March 3, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I wonder if the Los Cabos location is part of the same property?

I've stayed at FA Los Cabos via HGVC but the AI was not required.

$80 a day isn't bad as the food and drink was really good but I like to explore and don't care for AI.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
While $80/pp is not excessive, I wish there was a way to opt out.

What kind of accomodations do they offer?

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
The Playa Del Carmen property reminds me of Hokulani in Hawaii. The Los Cabos property is awesome and when we stayed, AI was optional at the same price.

The Cabo property has Studio, 1BR, 2BR. I suppose a studio would suffice if you're doing AI.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Playa Del Carmen property reminds me of Hokulani in Hawaii. The Los Cabos property is awesome and when we stayed, AI was optional at the same price.

The Cabo property has Studio, 1BR, 2BR. I suppose a studio would suffice if you're doing AI.
That's a good point on the studio if you are doing AI.

clotheshorse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana (VV x 2), Hyatt KW, Hilton (3x), Tahiti Village
I look forward to staying at these proprieties. I too thought the $80 AI fee was optional.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The all inclusive fee at Fiesta Americana Villas Los Cabos seems to be optional unless the rules changed :shrug:

From the old HGVC website - http://www.hiltongrandvacations.com/mexico/fiesta-americana-villas-los-cabos/
All-inclusive amenities are NOT mandatory. Members and guests who elect to participate in the all-inclusive option at the resort will pay any related fees directly to the front desk. All-inclusive supplement charges of $80 per person, per day and $45 per child (ages 5-12), per day. Children under age 5 will not be charged a supplement

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The following is from a recent thread - http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/fiesta-americana-villas-los-cabos.248500/

My first post! My fiancé and I were there December 2016 and loved it. If you book the all inclusive all week at the outset of your arrival the price is $70 per person a day. Or, you can decide daily for $80 per person whether you want all inclusive. We do not eat or drink much either. We added the all inclusive every other day and took it easy diet and drinking wise and hit the gym when not on the all inclusive days. Non all inclusive days totaled about $100 (for 2 of us) a day. I would experiment and see what works best for you guys.

Twincheryl

Reaction score
We have been to the Cabo resort and are returning next month. Last time the AI fees were optional, so we expect it to be the same this time. Unless you rent a car or pay lots of taxi fees, you are might consider the AI. There is nothing within walking distance. The food was wonderful and there are many choices available for dinner, especially. A little more limited for breakfast and lunch but still choices to appeal to just about all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nomad420

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC New York Mid Town
We have been to the Cabo resort and are returning next month. Last time the AI fees were optional, so we expect it to be the same this time. Unless you rent a car or pay lots of taxi fees, you are might consider the AI. There is nothing within walking distance. The food was wonderful and there are many choices available for dinner, especially. A little more limited for breakfast and lunch but still choices to appeal to just about all.

Looking to go later this year and rent a car. Having not previously been there is there on site parking and is there a fee for that?

Jason245

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
FROM HGVC CLUB TRAVELER - http://clubtraveler.hgvclub.com/where-go/check-out-3-new-vacation-opportunities-mexico

Club Members can already use their membership to vacation in Mexico by staying at one of Club’s many affiliated resorts, but in 2017, you will have even more opportunities. Thanks to Club affiliate Fiesta Americana, Members can reserve vacations at an additional three resorts in Mexico: Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Vallarta and Playa del Carmen.

Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Available for reservations beginning March 11, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.

LAT20 by Live Aqua
Available for booking beginning March 1, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.

Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
Available for booking beginning March 3, 2017. A daily all-inclusive fee of $80 per person is required. To learn more or book your reservation, call a Club Counselor.
I wish they could have some fixed price in pesos instead of US dollars... It is Mexico and Exchange rates matter...

thare

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the problem with resort cities, everything prices in US dollars. You should see a massive reduction in prices for real estate, but instead you've seen it basically stay flat. Same for food at most restaurants. Now if you get off the beaten path, deals can be had.

Twincheryl

Reaction score

Sorry... Not sure about parking fee, but the concierge could arrange a rental car, I believe. We took a shuttle into town... might have been $10 per person?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

elleny76

Reaction score
Looks nice but we have kids..

LAT20 by Live Aqua.....FOR ADULTS ONLY!