• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

3 BR HHV - Lagoon Tower

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Has anyone ever seen a 3 BR penthouse available on Hilton.com?

I have seen every unit size on hilton.com EXCEPT for 3 BRs. Now I know that they are not that many 3 BRs, so chances are small. But I was just wondering.

Going rate online for a 2 BR Oceanview is around $489 to 509 per night plus 11.41% tax. Just wondering what the 3 BR range might be if they were ever available.

HatTrick

Reaction score
As I write this there's one available on the HGVC site beginning January 23, 2010. Don't know about Hilton.com, though.

Roger

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, there must be 2 of them available then, as I booked one and their is still at least 1 remaining. I haven't seen a 3 BR in ages.

Last edited:

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 6 total 3-bdrm penthouse units. We spent a week in one several years ago. It was awesome.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Has anyone stayed in a pure 3 BR vs the 3 BR lockoff unit. Just wondering as the description on HGVC says 3 BR 2 Bath, yes the floorplans for a 3 BR show 3 Baths. So just a little confused.

TIA

Last edited:

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed in a pure 3 BR vs the 3 BR lockoff unit. Just wondering as the description on HGVC says 3 BR 2 Bath, yes the floorplans for a 3 BR show 3 Baths. So just a little confused.

TIA

There are no 3-bd lock-off units. In addition, all 3-bd units are Penthouses. There is one three bedroom units with 2 1/2 bath but that's the one with the best view.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
There are no 3-bd lock-off units. In addition, all 3-bd units are Penthouses. There is one three bedroom units with 2 1/2 bath but that's the one with the best view.

I think the floors plans posted in this thread would beg to differ. There are 3 units that are 2 BR Penthouses that have a logoff studio. As there are 3 studios available on the 24th floor. Those units combined make 3 BR lockoffs. It is the 2 BR penthouse that has 2 1/2 baths, 2 upstairs with the bedroom and 1/2 down off the living area.

My guess is that since it has been posted that there are six 3 BR unit my guess is that Hilton has permanently considered the corner unit A (see post #5 this thread) remains a 3 even though it can be locked off.

Has anyone stayed in 2472 before? As this is that lockoff unit.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the floors plans posted in this thread would beg to differ. There are 3 units that are 2 BR Penthouses that have a logoff studio. As there are 3 studios available on the 24th floor. Those units combined make 3 BR lockoffs. It is the 2 BR penthouse that has 2 1/2 baths, 2 upstairs with the bedroom and 1/2 down off the living area.

My guess is that since it has been posted that there are six 3 BR unit my guess is that Hilton has permanently considered the corner unit A (see post #5 this thread) remains a 3 even though it can be locked off.

Has anyone stayed in 2472 before? As this is that lockoff unit.
I guess I was lucky since I stayed in five different 3-bd units and none of them were lock-offs. BTW, the floor plan/interval description that I have lists five 3-bd units, six 2-bd units and three studios. If all the studios are lock-off capable, then units 2472, 2462/63 and 2470/71 are lock-offs since the studios are in locations A/D/K

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess I was lucky since I stayed in five different 3-bd units and none of them were lock-offs. BTW, the floor plan/interval description that I have lists five 3-bd units, six 2-bd units and three studios. If all the studios are lock-off capable, then units 2472, 2462/63 and 2470/71 are lock-offs since the studios are in locations A/D/K

Which of the 3 BRs would be your top pick?

SusieQ927

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'd love to stay in the penthouse (only need 2 BR's) on our trip of 10/31-11/8,
I'm watching daily, but if I miss it, please give me a heads up!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder why it only has 2 1/2 baths and not 3 1/2. Weird. As the upstairs looks on the floor plan to be the same size as any of the other 3 BRs. Of course the living room is much larger than the others.

Thanks for the tip.

wmmmmm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder why it only has 2 1/2 baths and not 3 1/2. Weird. As the upstairs looks on the floor plan to be the same size as any of the other 3 BRs. Of course the living room is much larger than the others.

Thanks for the tip.
The strange part is that underneath the spiral staircase, next to the 1/2 bath, there's a "room" bigger than the 1/2 bath. It is not a closet but just a small area with a door. I didn't think to verify that room and the 1/2 bath is separated by a common wall but everyone commented why that area wasn't just converted to a full bath. Of course, I wouldn't mind staying there again! I can live with it:)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So do two of bedrooms upstairs share 1 common bathroom?