• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

25 percent owner??

rodbow

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate TC, Destin HBR
We bought WG originally in Kissimmee when Segal himself rode with us in the limo. We bought and cancelled and vacationed several years on the 2 night/3 day/3hour tour plan. We bought again later and later still upgraded to 2 br in Build. 5000 overlooking the proposed water pk at Town Center - every other year. Sometime afterward they informed us that we only owned 1/4 deed and basically it was worthless and unmarketable to our heirs. Anyone heard of such? And if our 1/4 is so worthless, what about the other 3 1/4 portions of the deed? Each sitdown they seem to want us to 'cash in' and upgrade to something like an annual usage...

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We bought WG originally in Kissimmee when Segal himself rode with us in the limo. We bought and cancelled and vacationed several years on the 2 night/3 day/3hour tour plan. We bought again later and later still upgraded to 2 br in Build. 5000 overlooking the proposed water pk at Town Center - every other year. Sometime afterward they informed us that we only owned 1/4 deed and basically it was worthless and unmarketable to our heirs. Anyone heard of such? And if our 1/4 is so worthless, what about the other 3 1/4 portions of the deed? Each sitdown they seem to want us to 'cash in' and upgrade to something like an annual usage...

What exactly does your deed say? The content of that recorded instrument certainly has a whole lot more legal meaning and significance than the verbal spoutings of Westgate's deceitful sales weasels.

I've certainly heard of "quarter shares", where one owns 13 weeks of usage in a unit at a resort, but I don't believe that Westgate offers any such thing (nor do I believe that anyone would ever buy it if they did). Frankly, I suspect your are simply being told a very creative fairy tale by lying, hungry sales weasels.

What you own might indeed have very little or no value in the resale market, but not because of that contrived "1/4 deed" nonsense. Westgate has greatly devalued virtually all of their "products" in the resale market by imposing onerous reservation constraints on resale buyers. Those limitations might not apply to a "intra-family" transfer of a developer-purchased product, but I do not claim to know; I wouldn't put anything past Westgate.

Frankly, I think that you have likely been "marked" as a good "prospect", having already purchased developer-direct twice from Westgate.
Hungry sharks can identify vulnerable prey quite well. I would proceed with extreme caution. Actually, I would never talk to those parasites at all.

Btw, I hope you took a very long, hot shower after that ride with David Seigel. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rodbow

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westgate TC, Destin HBR
What exactly does your deed say? The content of that recorded instrument certainly has a whole lot more legal meaning and significance than the verbal spoutings of Westgate's deceitful sales weasels.

I've certainly heard of "quarter shares", where one owns 13 weeks of usage in a unit at a resort, but I don't believe that Westgate offers any such thing (nor do I believe that anyone would ever buy it if they did). Frankly, I suspect your are simply being told a very creative fairy tale by lying, hungry sales weasels.

What you own might indeed have very little or no value in the resale market, but not because of that contrived "1/4 deed" nonsense. Westgate has greatly devalued virtually all of their "products" in the resale market by imposing onerous reservation constraints on resale buyers. Those limitations might not apply to a "intra-family" transfer of a developer-purchased product, but I do not claim to know; I wouldn't put anything past Westgate.

Frankly, I think that you have likely been "marked" as a good "prospect", having already purchased developer-direct twice from Westgate.
Hungry sharks can identify vulnerable prey quite well. I would proceed with extreme caution. Actually, I would never talk to those parasites at all.

Btw, I hope you took a very long, hot shower after that ride with David Seigel. :rolleyes:

Thanks theo. Maybe 30 years ago in the middle of the orange grove with his 12 units DS may have been very different than what he's become. He let our two boys swim in their clothes in pool # only - which would certainly not happen now. I believe the deed says 1/4 of each of 4 BR's. Our usage is 2 BR lock off every year. Maint fees every other year. The usage is all we're concerned about and what we sought.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the deed says 1/4 of each of 4 BR's. Our usage is 2 BR lock off every year. Maint fees every other year.

Sorry, but I can't even begin to fathom what all of that actually means. :shrug:

What I do know with the certainty of the sunrise is that it would be a mistake to send even another nickel Westgate's way. You've apparently enjoyed good use and value from your ownership over the years --- and good on 'ya for that! --- but the Westgate game has changed radically from those days of yore.
The lawsuits against them (which Westgate has decisively and conclusively lost, even after multiple appeals) certainly speak for themselves.

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe Westgate has built 4 bedrooms that lock off into 2x a two bedroom. So an every other year two bedroom could easily be a quarter of a four bedroom week.

That being said, you own what you own. They can't take it from you, even though they will lie about everything they can think of to get more of your money.

If you want more vacations, do some research here and buy something else resale. It will be either thousands if dollars cheaper, or tens of thousands of dollars cheaper.

maddog497

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think could be just another sceme to get them to upgrade. Our friends own at the villas and at the"update", they were informed that their EOY had zero value and they needed to upgrade or what they had was worthless. Even went as far as to tell them that they won't be eligible for further owners updates because their EOY week would no longer entiled then to this benefit, lol.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sts1732

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunset Harbor Key, west
Pinion pointe Sedona, az.
"Worthless is a relative term in a EOY, in that if you use it, enjoy it, and it seems to me you have the 5th ace in the deck with a "DEED". Not having to put up with their BS in a update.............What a blessing.

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
Technically, every TS ownership in Orlando is worthless. Or more specifically valueless on the retail market (arguably, there is value in Disney and Hilton). So yes, that is true. What they will want you to convert to for $$$ will also be valueless in the Orlando market, so don't do it. The logic is easy, they don't want you to take that next logical step though.

I own 3 "valueless" weeks in Orlando which we enjoy very much and find great personal value in. When we are done with them, I will attempt to unload for exactly what they are worth - $0. Which will be a loss of $12.64 over what we bought them for.