• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2017 HGVC Resorts with the lowest MFs

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
I think phase 1 is cheaper

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know which HGVC Resorts have the lowest MFs. To me anyway, this is useful information if wanting to make a purchase purely for points. I used the MFs currently being reported in the sticky with what I believe the best point value possible at the resort. Below are the top 15.

View attachment 3067

If you see anything that I have missed or mis-calculated, please let me know and I will update.

Hi

Since I'm located in Europe it would be nice to know how much the MF is in Eur for number 1+2 in the list.

TIA.

Regards

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Update to the Spreadsheet !!!!!!

2017 HGVC with the lowest MFs.png

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
Thanks for all the work in keeping this spreadsheet updated, Gary! I just noticed two items that have probably occurred as you have updated the chart. I am assuming #2 (Coylumbridge) should probably have a reference to "Pound" in the non-USD column, and by the same token, there should be no reference to "Pound" for #12 (Ocean Oak).

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I added all of the MFs now to a database and sorted by lowest MFs per points. Here is the top 30.

2017 HGVC with the lowest MFs (best 30).png

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Here is the complete spreadsheet. I know that we are missing information because not all HGVC resorts have been posted. I also tried to properly assign the correct number of points. I usually only selected Platinum weeks since this give the lowest MF/point ratio.

Attachments

• HGVC - MFs vs Points.zip
    29.3 KB · Views: 146

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I usually only selected Platinum weeks since this give the lowest MF/point ratio.

That goes without saying. But I guess it is possible that MFs at some of these really low resorts (again Euro to $ conversion aside) might even squeak by with a gold week that have a better $/MF ration that some other resorts. But I assume for the chart you only converted Platinum weeks, as they get the best bang for the buck.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Even taking into account that there are some developer subsidies, these Hilton maintenance fees are generally a LOT lower than the out-of-control fees at Marriott Vacation Club.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Even taking into account that there are some developer subsidies, these Hilton maintenance fees are generally a LOT lower than the out-of-control fees at Marriott Vacation Club.

Thanks, that is useful information to know from a reference standpoint.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your work putting together such a helpful resource. Just noticed that the GPX (California) properties do not include the real estate tax in their respective MFs while most (all?) of the other properties do. This would affect their MFs-to-points ratio when RE taxes are added and potentially change their ordinal positions on the list.

Nevertheless, great job! :thumbup:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Just noticed that the GPX (California) properties do not include the real estate tax in their respective MFs while most (all?) of the other properties do. This would affect their MFs-to-points ratio when RE taxes are added and potentially change their ordinal positions on the list.

Yes, that should be included or at least noted. Do you happen to have that information?

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately do not own a GPX-HGVC property, so do not have that information. Perhaps the GPX owners who provided the MFs in the Stickies have the RE taxes on their statements?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Yes, that should be included or at least noted. Do you happen to have that information?

Noted in the spreadsheet that the California properties don't include the Property Taxes.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Update to the top 30. Vilamoura MFs aren't collected until the middle of the year.

HGVC Lowest MF:Point.png

The complete 2017 Points vs. MF db

Attachments

• HGVC - 2017 MFs vs Points.zip
    34.9 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
FYI - Property tax for Grand Pacific Palisades is not billed separately and is in fact included in the MF.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
FYI - Property tax for Grand Pacific Palisades is not billed separately and is in fact included in the MF.

Would that also mean that the property taxes is included for all GPX?

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I'm pretty sure that is true for Seapointe and Marbrisa as well.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
OK, thanks. Updated table.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
GT75 Love the spreadsheet. If you haven't done so can you add this to the maintenance fee sticky?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
GT75 Love the spreadsheet. If you haven't done so can you add this to the maintenance fee sticky?

Editing this 2017mf thread to include all the HGVC resorts for reference! (shamelessly stealing the work of SUEDONJ here ;) )

* Please limit this thread to only the MF specifics and take discussions/commentary to the discussion boards. Thank you! :)

* Owners, please report your Weeks MF's as they are billed (NOT proposed/estimated) in this format:
  • Resort Name/Unit Size (include Season if it's a differential)
  • Operating Fee
  • Replacement Reserve
  • Property Taxes (or note if they're billed separately)
  • Developer Subsidy (where it exists)
  • Special Assessment (where it exists)
  • TOTAL
  • Increase/decrease over 2016 MF's whether in dollar or percentage value (because I don't blame anybody who doesn't want to do the math!)

The 2016 MF thread has been unstuck and can be found here.
The 2015 MF thread can be found here.
The 2014 MF thread can be found here.
The 2013 MF thread can be found here.

The 30 2017 HGVC Resorts with the lowest MFs can be found here.

Already there (maybe just not so obvious), but thanks for asking. I plan to layout 2018 MFs a little different with the spreadsheet being the second post of the MF sticky.