• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] II Has Begun Promoting "Choose 2" Program

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
II Choose 2 Table

Attached is the picture of the Table.

By the looks of it, I hate it... Seems even more restrictive than a bad AC, but hey, on the bright side, at least the option is still available. XYZs may be gone, but there is still a change to get a 2nd week, just not as good as before. Current XYZ went until end of Dec., but this chart only goes out to Nov.

Looks like it pretty much going to be 3 months out max, hopefully that will change, but only time will tell...

Great3

Attachments

• choose2table.jpg
    choose2table.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 189

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Attached is the picture of the Table.

By the looks of it, I hate it... Seems even more restrictive than a bad AC, but hey, on the bright side, at least the option is still available. XYZs may be gone, but there is still a change to get a 2nd week, just not as good as before. Current XYZ went until end of Dec., but this chart only goes out to Nov.

Looks like it pretty much going to be 3 months out max, hopefully that will change, but only time will tell...

Great3

Thanks.
Frankly, the fact that there is a real chart--without a vengeful ex-employee involved--just thrills me to death. It's progress on that point.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The biggest limitation seems to be that the Choose2 week must be concurrent or consecutive to the initial week. This will really limit what you can do with this program. Sounds good for giving a week away to friends if they vacation at the same time as you, whether they travel with you or not.

I wonder if enrolled Marriott owners will still receive no additional exchange fee on the Choose2 week? It may or may not look like an exchange. I wonder if they are still using the underlying XYZ framework though? Is is really the same program with just more restrictions.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Choose2!

Turn one week of vacation into two. Stay another week at the same resort, visit a different resort, or even go to a different destination.

You can do all of this without exchanging another week or using additional points. Payment of an additional exchange fee is required.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Looking at the FAQ, it seems like you may be able to book your first week and add eplus to that. You could then book a concurrent or consecutive choose 2 week. You could then retrade the first week for a different week retaining the choose 2 week. Since the choose 2 is only available 90 days out, you would have to time your eplus trade so not to end up with the etrade flex week.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question here...

I am using two II one bedroom deposits to try and exchange into a Marriott resort (Orlando) in Dec. 2016. I am looking for two units as we are going with family. The request is already in. If I am contacted by II in Dec. 2015 that they can meet my request, can I ask for a Choose 2 for the second unit even if I've already requested to use one of my deposited units? Think I'm probably not being very clear here.....

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
I am using two II one bedroom deposits to try and exchange into a Marriott resort (Orlando) in Dec. 2016. I am looking for two units as we are going with family. The request is already in. If I am contacted by II in Dec. 2015 that they can meet my request, can I ask for a Choose 2 for the second unit even if I've already requested to use one of my deposited units? Think I'm probably not being very clear here.....

Hi,
The choose 2 is only available from the current date to about 90 days from the current date so you would have to wait until September of 2016 to request the choose 2. So, if you get one week confirmed you would have to decide if you want the second week or take your chances the next September for a choose 2.
If you get e-plus on one or both the the exchanges then you could swap one for a choose 2 when the time comes and move the exchange out up to a year.

Pam

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
The choose 2 is only available from the current date to about 90 days from the current date so you would have to wait until September of 2016 to request the choose 2. So, if you get one week confirmed you would have to decide if you want the second week or take your chances the next September for a choose 2.
If you get e-plus on one or both the the exchanges then you could swap one for a choose 2 when the time comes and move the exchange out up to a year.

Pam

I think I automatically have e-plus because I'm enrolled in the DC program. If this is true then would you use the second exchange for a second unit and then 90 days out, see if you could exchange that for an e-plus unit?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I think I automatically have e-plus because I'm enrolled in the DC program. If this is true then would you use the second exchange for a second unit and then 90 days out, see if you could exchange that for an e-plus unit?

You would use ePlus to retrade the first week. You can't use ePlus on the Choose2 week.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there still a size limit for the choose2? So for example, I trade my 1 bedroom for a 2 bedroom, do my choose2 week be limit to 1 bedroom or less? Thanks

ral

TUG Member
Reaction score
choose2 + getaway week?

The rules state that one is unable to use a choose2 week with an accommodation certificate week, but are you able to use a choose2 week with a confirmed getaway week?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The rules state that one is unable to use a choose2 week with an accommodation certificate week, but are you able to use a choose2 week with a confirmed getaway week?

I would suspect no. This is really just a more restricted and publicized XYZ program. You culdn't get XYZ on getaways, I highly doubt you can do it with Choose2.

ral

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, dioxide45. You're right. It is a definite "no". The original week must be an actual exchange according to II rep, not an AC or Getaway.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Choose 2 program; No more XYZ?

I have used the XYZ program several times in the past

I called today and was told that there is no more XYZ, it is now the choose 2 program

I was also told that the Choose 2 week had to be at the SAME time as an exchange you have already booked or immediately following the booked week

Is that how everyone is understanding it?
I wanted to book something for next week on Orlando and was told I could not because my exchanges were for Oct and Dec.

Disappointed :(

Last edited by a moderator:

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this new system is going to backfire on Interval in terms of the number of exchange fees they collect. The grid of locations for Choose2 seems similar to the XYZ grid. If that's the case, the only way you could leverage this program is by a) giving away the bonus week to someone who wants to travel at the same time as you to a different low over supply location b) choosing to use a real exchange for an over supply location with tons of availability and booking a second week there or c) using your exchange where you want to go and then book a concurrent week with the Choose 2 somewhere else (seems doubtful many families will want to do this - for instance, use a high demand week to go to Aruba in peak season then fly to Orlando, Branson or Williamsburg for the week after?)

If this is the direction II is heading in, they would be far better off to allow use of Choose2 with ACs too. That would be a huge hit for them, because AC use tends to be in areas that will qualify for Choose2 - so taking a second unit for more space would be hugely attractive for many.

twinmommy19

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not leverage E-Plus just to get access to Choose2 as some folks suggested. E-Plus is a great feature, but it definitely restricts the trading power of your real deposit. IMO - whatever you can get with a Choose2 probably isn't going to be worth the TP hit.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Choose 2 Change

Per the Interval Rep on the II Community page Choose 2 has changed and is now more like the old xyz.

Dear Interval members,

Community is your place to share travel tips, vacation exchange ideas, and everything else important to your vacation ownership experience. We want to thank you for your feedback, and because we’ve listened, we have made the following changes to our Choose2 program.

Turn one week of vacation into two. Travel the week after your confirmed exchange or any available Choose2 week thereafter.

You can do all of this without exchanging another week or using additional points. Payment of an additional exchange fee is required.

Learn more by reading the FAQs attached.

Choose2 weeks must be booked by a vacation advisor, so call your local servicing office http://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=60&p=offices and unleash the power of 2!

Attachments
Name: Choose_2_FAQs_92315.docx Size: 21 K

Q. Does the Choose2 week have to be during the same week?
A. No, the Choose2 week can be either concurrent to or anytime after the initial exchange confirmation week.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting about this change. I would have never gone back and re-read the updated FAQ. This changed definitely makes it more like the old XYZ program. Glad to see this.

Thanks,
Great3

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It doesn't seem like the Choose2 needs to be in the same location/region? If so, this change seems more like the old XYZ, just under a different name. I just made an exchange in to Ocean Pionte, I may call and see how the Choose2 stacks up against the old XYZ.

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
One difference is the Choose 2 week needs to be booked prior to the check-in day of the Exchange stay. And the grid is primarily going be less than 90 days forward.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
One difference is the Choose 2 week needs to be booked prior to the check-in day of the Exchange stay. And the grid is primarily going be less than 90 days forward.

The first part is how XYZ always worked. Once you traveled on the exchange, you couldn't book an XYZ. I do think though that the grid will be limited to 90 days for the most part. With this now being a publicized promotion, they won't be able to extend the grid like they did with XYZ.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Per the Interval Rep on the II Community page Choose 2 has changed and is now more like the old xyz.

I suspect that they saw a huge hit in the number of confirmed exchanges. Most people aren't willing to do the EPlus or retrade dance and take the hit on losing the ability to OGS. So I suspect that the number of Choose 2 bookings was way lower than they were getting from XYZ, even though it was published where XYZ was not. They don't make changes because customers complain, they make changes to increase revenue. If customers are complaining, that was likely impacting revenue.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It really seemed like they didn't think thru the new program before launch. Glad to hear they changed it.

Sent from my iPad

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It really seemed like they didn't think thru the new program before launch. Glad to hear they changed it.

Sent from my iPad

I think they thought they had to find a way to temper demand. With the Choose 2 program being published, I would suspect that there would be a lot more people vying for those weeks. So they had to figure out a way to restrict it more to keep it manageable. The problem is that it was too restrictive and I think it was a bit of a flop. So they opened it back up again, a good sign, but how will they manage the demand. I suspect only a 90 day grid from here on out. No more 5 or 6 months like we used to see.