• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2014 ] Letter from Gold Key Resorts: Acquired Barrier Island Station Kitty Hawk

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
For now, only the units sold by the resort will be in II. Everything else will remain in RCI. I haven't heard anything yet about a dual affiliation.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
For now, only the units sold by the resort will be in II. Everything else will remain in RCI. I haven't heard anything yet about a dual affiliation.

I could not find this resort in II resort directory.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think its all finalized. The name still hasn't been changed in RCI either.

The only place that lists the property with the new name is the Gold Key website. It isn't listed as Beechwoods anywhere else. As far as II goes I am guessing it will take a while for that usage to begin. And even then with only 84 units and prior owners staying in RCI you probably won't see many units in II for a while.

RuralEngineer

TUG Member
Reaction score
delayed

heard that construction is delayed. also anyone know where bldg 804 is located?

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I spoke with Jennifer Walker a few weeks ago. I think she was saying most of the unit renovations would be done by the end of May. The check in building is what is delayed a few months. And the building with the indoor water park wasn't expected till the end of the year.

The 800 building is the section right next to the pool. I'm not sure of the name of that little street. I'm in 903 so the 801/802 side is next to mine. There are 13 steps just to get up to the buildings and another 3 or 4 into the first floor unit.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Update received today from RCI regarding construction and completion dates

Dear RCI Member:

We are writing to you concerning your upcoming RCI vacation to Barrier Island Station-Kitty Hawk in North Carolina.

The staff at Barrier Island Station-Kitty Hawk advised us that they have updated some completion dates for various projects they currently have in progress. The remodeling work will be in progress through June 30, 2015. The outdoor swimming pool will be closed for necessary repairs through June 20. The fitness and activity center will be closed until July 31, and the indoor swimming pool and waterpark will be closed until December 31, 2015.

When owners attended the November Owners presentation by Gold Key Resorts, we were told the unit remodels and amenities (except indoor pool/water park) would be finished up in May.

We were there mid-March. Things didn't appear to be on schedule then and Resort Manager indicated many things had been pushed back to June. For several reasons, I was banking on the information they gave back in November. :doh:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I was at an "update" in Virginia Beach last week. I mentioned that we will be in the OBX in July. The sales person indicated that they probably will be up and selling by then and I should stop by and see the property.

harveyhaddixfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm there the last week of May so we shall see where they are. May have to do a day trip from Williamsburg in December to check it all out.

awesomebosox

Reaction score
[Advertising deleted]

[Advertising is not permitted in the discussion forums - classifieds are linked at MARKETPLACE at the top of the forum.]

Last edited by a moderator:

dougrm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just Back

We were just back from our stay (July 4-11). Outdoor pool was completed and very nice. Our unit 200 has a new roof but no inside renovations.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beachwoods Resort, formerly Barrier Island Station

Be sure to check out this thread on Tug
(includes a link to recent resort photos)

Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Regions > US -
East Coast Timesharing Beachwoods (#3679) on the outer banks NC

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, there will be a
Special Assessment of $1650/unit.
Owners with RCI will remain in RCI.
New units sold going forward will be
affiliated with Interval.

RCI - Urgent Information

Regarding - Mandatory Fees

Security deposit is 100 U.S. dollars.
collected at check-in

Housekeeping Fees

"For all RCI points reservations:
There may be a 33 A or B unit U.S. dollars
for 1 Bedroom units, per stay. "

"For all RCI points reservations:
There may be a 65 U.S. dollars
for 2 Bedroom units, per stay. "

Resort Fees

Resort amenities fee is $25 U.S. dollars.
The Fee is 25 dollars (plus any tax) per day.

Policy Restrictions

Minimum age check-in: Minimum age check-in is 21.

Multi-floor buildings with no elevator access

Animals are not permitted;
could result in forfeiture of the unit and/or other penalties.

Please check with resort for smoking policy.
Resort non-smoking policy.

General Urgent Information
Resort cannot honor unit upgrades or moves.

Additional Information

Front office is open
Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm;
Saturday and Sunday 9am to 7pm.

With owners paying annual fees and also a special assessment,
I don`t personally feel exchanger should foot the bill for the
daily resort fees (especially couples or seniors without kids).

As a RCI exchanger paying a $209 exchange fee.
We won`t be staying at Beechwoods (3679) NC
because of the additional $175 week resort fee
and additional cost to connect to the internet.

hemrab1

Reaction score
Beachwoods (formerly Barrier Island Station Kittyhawk)

As of several months ago (Sept or Oct or Nov) the majority owner of Beachwoods is now Diamond Resorts International.

I am an EOY owner since 1999 and participated in the Nov. 30, 2015 teleconference about the 2016 budget. Most of the participants were DRI employees, as far as I could tell.