*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

[ 2013 ] Stay Away Timshare Liquidators, LLC "TLC" in Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by LynnZ, Apr 14, 2013.

1. LynnZ

LynnZ Guest

Stay Away Timeshare Liquidators, LLC located 1050 E. Flamingo Rd, Suite N337, Las Vegas. This company takes advantage of buyers and tells lies and half truths and then has the buyers sign that the sale is final and that only what is written in the contract and not any verbal promises are the full extent of what you are agreeing to. Any victim of this timeshare resale company can join with us, we want to take a legal action against Timeshare Liquidators, LLC.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  2. iamunique42

iamunique42 Guest

TLC Victim

My husband and I have also been a victim of Timeshare Liquidators, LLC, purchasing in January 2013. We've filed complaints with the BBB of Las Vegas and the State of Nevada Real Estate Division, and would be interested in being involved with a class action lawsuit.

3. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

bbb wont do much for you...

make sure you file complaints with the atty general in both your state, and nevada.

4. pacodemountainside

pacodemountainside TUG Member

Keep in mind these resale scammers are here today and gone to tomorrow.

Since class action attorneys typically get paid a percentage out of proceeds, they only take on cases where there are deep pockets.

I would doubt they have any insurance and the loot for the day gets moved out of LLC muy pronto.

5. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Not only "not much", but actually "nothing at all"...

Certainly true. For whatever reasons, some people apparently believe that the Better Business Bureau is a quasi-governmental entity and / or actually has some sort of authority or power. That is simply not the case. The BBB has absolutely no power or legal authority of any kind; BBB is just an organization / club for any and all commercial entities willing to pay a membership fee...

6. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Exactly. Beyond there being criminal charges it is a complete waste of time. If you file a suit they can just start up another company.

This is more of a lesson of reading your agreement and understanding what you are signing. NV has tough rules for timeshare resale buyers and it is unfortunate but this lesson goes far beyond timeshares.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  7. Centurion

Centurion Guest

Timeshare Liquidators used to be a PCC right? I wasn't aware they were getting into the listing biz.

8. Rent_Share

Rent_Share Guest

They are selling "used" inventory in a developer style presentation, Nevada rescission law doesn't apply to resale's

9. John Hanley

John Hanley Guest

One should surely be aware of such companies who try to lure you with false promises and should file a legal action against it with an experienced attorney.

catalog returns

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
  10. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

This is bad advice that will only multiply the losses. File complaints with the attorney general and learn to read every word you sign and ignore verbal promises.

11. theo

theo TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

An observation...

I agree wholeheartedly, but am not sure the "advice" post cited ("first post" on "first day" of TUG registration) was actually serious in the first place. If intended to be legitimate and / or substantive input, why include the odd accompanying "catalog returns" link in a very first post? Maybe a spammer "test run"? :shrug::confused::shrug:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  12. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Good point!

13. newbie88jo

newbie88jo Guest

web address to NV senators and 800-992-0900 for help.

Here are some contact information that might be helpful:
    http://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Legislator/A/Senate/
    Elected representatives do not like the public be taken advantage of.
    They will not know unless people tell them what happened to them.
    It may not change your outcome, but will help in preventing others from falling victim.

Bad press and exposure from elected representative will have far greater and lasting effects than a bbs post. The bbs posts can be a call to action.

http://red.state.nv.us/forms/514.pdf
    a statement of fact for a complaint to the RE board.

14. LynnP

LynnP Guest

Timeshare Liquidatror, LLC 1050 Flamingo Rd Las Vegas

We have also been taken by this company!. The sales pitch was that they were to release us of the ownership of our current timeshare, IF we purchased, a new timeshare through Timeshare liquidator. this commitment was in April 2012, as as of today we still own TWO timeshares, as they never did release us from the ownership of the current timeshare we have in Ontario. I want to participate in a class action suit against Timeshare liquidator, just not sure how to get this started.
    Feel free to contact me, and I would be happy to work together to help the many victims of this croocked company.

15. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Sorry you were taken advantage of. The truth is that there will be no 'class action'. No law firm will undertake a lawsuit if there is no money to retreive either for the losers or themselves.

Furthermore, Nevada law protects timeshare resellers by disallowing rescission, or a cooling off period before the sale is final.

At this stage, to avoid spending even more money uselessly, consider listing you unwanted TSs on TUG or Redweek, and getting shed of the obligation yourself. DO NOT spend more money upfront to any reseller. They are all a scam. Legit brokers take their commission at closing.

Best wishes.

Jim

16. channimal

channimal TUG Member

this +1 ... I look at BBB.org as being a gimped Angie's list where you only get to see negative information IF someone has actually taken the time to file a complaint. Otherwise, any company listing on BBB.org is a crap-shoot like the yellow pages

17. Williejs

Williejs Guest

I just got taken by them. Not too bad (everything being relative) - just did the $895 "special" to try it out and get locked in. Well, as predicted you can't book anything. Would like to get my money back. They are crooks.

18. LynnP

LynnP Guest

Ripped off by Timeshare liquidators, 1050 Flamingo rd, suite N337, las Vegas

I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit with this company. They conned us into purchasing a new property, and would take our old timeshare as trade in. they never did release us of the current timeshare and we now own 2 timeshares. this is breach of contract and misrepresentation by them. I have contact the BBB and they were not able to help us.
    I would be happy to give my email address, out side of this forum, just not sure how to do this.
    Lynn P

19. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

Well, if they put that in writing then that would be considered a breach of contract. If it's not in writing then you're plum out of luck.

20. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

21. gypsykate

gypsykate TUG Member

Timeshare liquidators

Just a head's up -- there is another business under the name of Timeshare Liquidators, with Caron Cook and is based out of California. It is not the same business as the one with that name in Las Vegas.

Caron has a different business model and has been in business 17 years, reselling timeshares. She does not charge an upfront fee and I just had a good conversation with her about selling a timeshare. She has had a AAA rating with the Southern CA BBB in the past, but they no longer operate out of So.CA. She really seems on the up and up and is distressed about the bad press she gets from all the complaints regarding the Nevada business.

22. concernedconsumer

concernedconsumer Guest

Approached and considering

What is the information for Caron? Where can we look up her business?

23. mysti9uemirage

mysti9uemirage Guest

How to cancel

If you bought from them, then went home and researched them and saw this thread, and want to cancel, they will lie to you and tell you that you didn't buy a timeshare, but a vacation club membership, so the rescission period doesn't apply to you, and that you've signed a no refund/cancellation contract. Well, if you did buy a timeshare, by Nevada laws, you have 5 business days to cancel. If you join a vacation club, you have 3. Either way, you can cancel, just do so quickly. Hope it helped someone. My husband found this, which I'm sharing to help others: http://www.justanswer.com/real-esta...ased-timeshare-saturday-2-1-14-yesterday.html. I also sent emails to CA, NV attorney generals and NV legislatures, so that these liars can be shut down.

24. drake123

drake123 Guest

Thanks mystiquemirage for the info. I just sent my request to cancel along with the nv statues in referenced within the time period. Pending to contact the nv state attny and mn state attny. Just wondering what was the outcome of your results?

25. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

This is the info for Caryn. She is totally legit as I've purchased from her in the past. Very professional.

Caryn Cook

Timeshare Liquidators
    9385 Navajo Trail,
    Morongo Valley, CA, 92256

A + Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau
    California Real Estate License #01099674
    Charter Member of the LTRBA
    800-320-2345
    760-864-7207
    Fax: 760-406 9853
    www.timeshare-resales.net