• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Good experience with Travel and Leisure Group [UK based reseller]

hvsmith2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post something about this, since it's information I would have found helpful myself when I was looking to sell unwanted timeshare weeks [Marriott Playa Andaluza in my case].

When I started seriously looking into how to offload our weeks, I found this site [TUG] helpful, but very US-centric and with very little information about the market in UK / Europe for re-selling timeshares.

I found it difficult to find any recommendations on who to use (or not to use). The generic advice about scams etc. didn't really help me with finding who I COULD trust.

Anyway ... I ended up using two companies - both of whom I had a very good experience with.

1. Worldwide Timeshare Hypermarket: I registered my week with them (for free) and one day they called me up with an interested buyer. I was a bit skeptical of course but I did all the due diligence I could, trusted my instincts and went ahead. The price was very low [but this didn't surprise me] but the company was very knowledgeable, efficient and professional. That sale closed painlessly (if we ignore the pain of the 90% loss on the purchase price ....).

2. Travel & Leisure Group: in that case, I had advertised my remaining weeks for sale on redweek (as many here recommend). I advertised at a very realistic (low) price and did receive a handful of replies including one who was looking for 3 weeks (conveniently - as I had 3 to sell). At the buyer's suggestion, I chose TLG to handle the process. Their price to do the legals was very reasonable. Again, I was very happy with their service: knowledgeable, responsiveness, very fast, professional. Did exactly what they said they would ...

I could give more colour on the whole process with both companies if people are interested. One comment I would make is that in hindsight - knowing that these companies are both "for real" and trustworthy - is that I WOULD have been prepared to pay an advertising fee and have them properly market my weeks. Of course I do not know if this would have worked out better financially but I certainly do not think companies like these two (and there are no doubt others) are operating advertising scams.

So - in short - I can give a big thumbs-up to both of these companies based on my personal experience. Hope this may help some readers here.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wanted to post something about this, since it's information I would have found helpful myself when I was looking to sell unwanted timeshare weeks [Marriott Playa Andaluza in my case].

When I started seriously looking into how to offload our weeks, I found this site [TUG] helpful, but very US-centric and with very little information about the market in UK / Europe for re-selling timeshares.

I found it difficult to find any recommendations on who to use (or not to use). The generic advice about scams etc. didn't really help me with finding who I COULD trust.

Anyway ... I ended up using two companies - both of whom I had a very good experience with.

1. Worldwide Timeshare Hypermarket: I registered my week with them (for free) and one day they called me up with an interested buyer. I was a bit skeptical of course but I did all the due diligence I could, trusted my instincts and went ahead. The price was very low [but this didn't surprise me] but the company was very knowledgeable, efficient and professional. That sale closed painlessly (if we ignore the pain of the 90% loss on the purchase price ....).

2. Travel & Leisure Group: in that case, I had advertised my remaining weeks for sale on redweek (as many here recommend). I advertised at a very realistic (low) price and did receive a handful of replies including one who was looking for 3 weeks (conveniently - as I had 3 to sell). At the buyer's suggestion, I chose TLG to handle the process. Their price to do the legals was very reasonable. Again, I was very happy with their service: knowledgeable, responsiveness, very fast, professional. Did exactly what they said they would ...

I could give more colour on the whole process with both companies if people are interested. One comment I would make is that in hindsight - knowing that these companies are both "for real" and trustworthy - is that I WOULD have been prepared to pay an advertising fee and have them properly market my weeks. Of course I do not know if this would have worked out better financially but I certainly do not think companies like these two (and there are no doubt others) are operating advertising scams.

So - in short - I can give a big thumbs-up to both of these companies based on my personal experience. Hope this may help some readers here.

I have personally used Travel and Leisure Group to purchase two resale weeks at Marriott's Club Son Antem in the past and also recommended them to others looking to sell Marriott weeks. Those recommendations resulted in successful sales. I can therefore add my support to the OPs comments above.

ACP

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I have personally used Travel and Leisure Group to purchase two resale weeks at Marriott's Club Son Antem in the past and also recommended them to others looking to sell Marriott weeks. Those recommendations resulted in successful sales. I can therefore add my support to the OPs comments above"

Malc9990 - When you purchase a Marriott resale, can you still exchange for Marriott Reward Points and or Destination Points each year (Subject to T&C allowing you to exchanging for MRP every year). What interests me is having always bought direct from Marriott?, what is the drawback in buying a resale at a fraction of the cost

Centurion

Reaction score
I have personally used Travel and Leisure Group to purchase two resale weeks at Marriott's Club Son Antem in the past and also recommended them to others looking to sell Marriott weeks. Those recommendations resulted in successful sales. I can therefore add my support to the OPs comments above.

Yes. I also can support OPs comments above. We did a successful transaction for our Ko'Olina with them in 2012. Good group.

jnbsevy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandos Royal Elite
Vidanta
HawaiiCollection

We recently made an offer on a timeshare through Worldwide Timeshare Hypermarket. We bailed when they and their escrow (trust) company refused to provide a written agreement protecting the buyer's money. "We're the biggest and the best - since 2004", they said, and claimed that no one had asked for that standard business agreement before.
Their trust company Resort Financial Services, also seemed flakey in the email they sent us from some unknown address, and their name on the internet is not spoken with respect. When we asked for a written agreement with a closing date specified, they sent the attached. "We hope that this is sufficient." It was supposed to protect the buyer?
We bailed on the deal, which looked like a good deal to us.