• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Deed back program [Vacation Village at Weston]

Bob327

Reaction score
So does VV at Weston still have a deed back program ? I have had a unit there for 10 years and I would gibe it to them at no charge and even pay for the transfer .....

Bob G

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No "one size fits all" generalized answer...

So does VV at Weston still have a deed back program ? I have had a unit there for 10 years and I would gibe it to them at no charge and even pay for the transfer .....

Bob G

Deedbacks (...anywhere) are generally on a "case by case" basis, taking into account numerous factors, including current account status. With all due respect, your inquiry should likely be made directly to the resort (preferably in writing), as they are the only ones who can answer the question on what you own.

olgabalb

Reaction score
After my husband passed away in late 2011, I was left with 3 timeshares that I knew I probably would never use again, as well as 3 whopping maintenance fees. I was able to deed back all 3 properties. Two did cost a fee, which totaled $1200, and the third did not require any fee (Diamond Resorts). The maintenance fees on all 3 of these units were over $2300 per year, and I felt the one-time fees were a small price to pay to be free and clear.

I have timeshare in Mystic Dunes (Orlando) (owned by Diamond Resorts)and trying to get rid off .When I asked them if they have programm to take back the timeshare - they told me that they don't have such programm. How did you get out of your timeshare? with whome you speak?

lshpak

TUG Member
Reaction score
My developer is not offering a buy back but for a limited time is taking back deeds for those who want out. Like myself. The cost is $750.00. I have in writing that as soon as they received my deed with the check and a form that I sign that states I am no longer responsible for any cost or maintenance fees starting from the date of the form and signing of the deed. My property is Vacation Village at Weston. Is it a great resort with a lot of amenities but my week is no. 39. I was naive about timeshares when I purchased it. I've never been there and my trading week sucks. Would you agree this is the best offer I am going to get? I don't see much promise in someone taking my timeshare. The unit is paid for. There are no liens and the maintenance fees are up to date.

Can you provide us with your status. Thank you.

emg2919

Reaction score
I am interested in the status as well. I am trying to do a deed-back for Palm Beach Shores Resort. I have it listed on vacatia.com, but I am also going to list it for free here, on TUG.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Deedbacks are a moving target...

I am interested in the status as well. I am trying to do a deed-back for Palm Beach Shores Resort. I have it listed on vacatia.com, but I am also going to list it for free here, on TUG.

You need to contact the resort HOA (not a clueless front desk clerk with no authority, but the HOA --- preferably in writing) directly, since HOA policies on accepting deeds in lieu of foreclosure (a.k.a. "deedbacks") are rarely absolutely firm and can (and do) change at any facility at any time and without notice.

The definitive, correct, current status regarding accepting "deedbacks" must come directly from your own resort HOA; the answer ain't here. Just sayin'. :shrug:

Last edited:

emg2919

Reaction score
How do I find the resort HOA? Is that the management company I pay the tax and maintenance fees to? If so, I did contact them, and they put me in contact with Dumas Gabriellini from Daily Management, Inc d/b/a Berkeley Group d/b/a Vacation Village Resorts.

This is so overwhelming and confusing.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do I find the resort HOA? Is that the management company I pay the tax and maintenance fees to? If so, I did contact them, and they put me in contact with Dumas Gabriellini from Daily Management, Inc d/b/a Berkeley Group d/b/a Vacation Village Resorts.

This is so overwhelming and confusing.

I do not know anything at all about your particular resort, but a management company and a resort homeowners association are not at all the same thing.
To be clear, it is the HOA (not the management company) that can / would make any and all decisions regarding "deedbacks".

Again, I know nothing about your particular facility, but presumably (and hopefully) your HOA is comprised of other owners who sit on a Board of Directors and meet periodically. Your HOA may send periodic newsletters in the mail, for example (or maybe they post newsletters on line); you can obtain a mailing address that way.

You could also call your resort again and just ask a different but very specific question:
"I want to submit something in writing to the resort Homeowner's Association, not to the resort management company. What address should I use to do so?"

Last edited: