• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2013 ] Beware of Leisure Getaways/Carl Rash!

N

nons25

Leisure Getaways Inc.

I just wanted to put this out there...

I purchased an RCI Points program from Leisure Getaways through a resort called The Retreat at Foxborough by LGI. I have read some bad reviews but they have had good service and have been very helpful to me over the past 6 months. I have a new program that I can exchange for vacation with and they took my old property out of my name. This is what they told me originally and everything has worked out that way. I was a little skeptical at first, but I was frustrated with my old ownership and wanted out. So far RCI is easy to use and Leisure Getaways even helps me book reservations.

Anyone share similar feelings?

[SHILL]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
nons25 - aka tsanny

Thanks for asking! Here are my feelings:

1. You are a shill

2. You aren't very bright, because you just used the same computer and IPS to re-register and post with a different user name. :hysterical:

3. You have been banned

Have a lovely day! :wave:

Last edited:

srbathe

Reaction score
We just returned from a presentation about the RCI points program by the Retreat at Foxborough in Houston, TX. I have lots of questions. Apparently in 2010 we were suppose to get some type of offer to get rid of our deed and just belong to RCI. We have lots of questions. Why did our resort ever contact us about this. Why so much money to do this! We plan on talking to RCI directly and our resort. Can anyone help us with this?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a presentation about the RCI points program by the Retreat at Foxborough in Houston, TX. I have lots of questions. Apparently in 2010 we were suppose to get some type of offer to get rid of our deed and just belong to RCI. We have lots of questions. Why did our resort ever contact us about this. Why so much money to do this! We plan on talking to RCI directly and our resort. Can anyone help us with this?

I'm not sure what you're saying or asking with the limited info / details presented --- or what it has to do with this thread subject of Leisure Getaways --- but it is not uncommon for RCI affiliated resorts to try to sell "conversions" to RCI Points to existing owners, typically at a cost to those current owners of about $2,400 - $3,600.

IF this is the situation you are describing, such a conversion most certainly does not "get rid of your deed". Instead, it also allots to you some RCI Points, which can then (theoretically, anyhow) be used to reserve time at other resorts, not just at your own home resort, but still including at your home resort. You would still have a deed (and you would still have the same annual maintenance fees) in such a scenario, if this even pertains at all to the situation you have vaguely referenced above.

Your resort would have contacted you about this quite simply because it's a very profitable "cash cow" for them to take few thousand dollars more of current owner's money to essentially sell you (again) a week that you already own, merely introducing the twist of adding some RCI Points into the new ownership equation.

You can try to "talk to RCI" but you surely won't learn a thing about your specific situation if you do so. This is (if I'm even interpreting your limited input correctly) a program which is being peddled by your resort and not by RCI. The resort would have paid RCI a (nominal) fee to get that resort into the "RCI Points program" in the first place, but understand that it's your resort (...probably using a hired, third party marketing entity) that's actually doing the attempted peddling here --- not RCI.

Hope this helps somehow. It's the best I can offer / interpret with the very limited and very general information you have presented.

P.S. You have placed this post into a ongoing thread specifically discussing "Leisure Getaways" --- any particular reason for doing so?
Has the name of "Leisure Getaways" actually come up somehow at any time in the course of your particular situation? :shrug::confused::shrug:

Last edited:

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, this person / group is back on eBay as timesharediscounts2 / Doug Menjivar.

They are also using global title group llc / globaltitlegroupllc@gmail.com. Phone 210-875-6172