*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

[2012] Jasper

Discussion in 'Canada Timesharing' started by hellolani, Apr 24, 2012.

1. hellolani

hellolani Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I'm wondering if anyone knows why there doesn't seem to be any TS resorts in Jasper, AB. I was just looking into it as DH and I were thinking about doing a rail trip up there in a sleeper car and I was hoping to tag on a few days at a resort - to my surprise there aren't any I can find in II or RCI. Considering the popularity of Banff / Canmore, and even all the hotsprings and mountains in the interior of BC, I would have thought Jasper would be more developed on this front. Is there some history I'm not aware of?

2. eal

eal TUG Review Crew: ELITE TUG Member

I got into timesharing when the earth's crust was cooling, and I have always been hoping for a timeshare opportunity to open in Jasper, but no luck so far. Since the town is in a national park I am sure that the restrictions on property development must be pretty tight. However there is one timeshare property in Banff, so it is not impossible...

3. spirits

spirits TUG Member

How Banff got a timeshare

When Calgary got the Olympics in the 1980's the organizing committee built the facilities for the Olympic officials. After the Olympics the building was converted into a timeshare. ( That is what I have been told by some old timers,) Jasper is too far away from an international airport and has not developed as much commercially as Banff. My family very much preferred Jasper to Banff because of this but now love Banff because of our timeshare there.
    On a side note there are many nice Bed and Breakfasts in Jasper. Our family has stayed in one called The Glasshouse. 3 very nice bedrooms and if a group was going you could arrange to have the run of the main floor since the owners would stay in a suite in the basement.

4. Kauai Kid

Kauai Kid TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Passport requirements

Do US citizens need passports for Canadian travel, eh?

thanks, sterling

5. Karen G

Karen G Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
    Yes. Read about it here.

6. eal

eal TUG Review Crew: ELITE TUG Member

The trick is getting back into the US:
    From CBP website:
    All U.S. citizens and nonimmigrant aliens from Canada, Bermuda, and Mexico departing from or entering the United States from within the Western Hemisphere at air ports of entry are required to present a valid passport, NEXUS card (if utilizing a NEXUS kiosk when departing from a designated Canadian airport), Merchant Mariner Document (for U.S. citizens traveling on official business), or Military Identification Card (for members of the U.S. armed forces traveling on official orders).

7. shagnut

shagnut TUG Member

When I went to Jasper from Banff I stayed at a place called Kelly's Accomodations. It's like a B & B without the breakfast. People will rent out a bedroom which worked out great for my Kelli & me. You can see why I chose to stay there. shaggy

8. Tanyas110

Tanyas110 TUG Member

I can't really say why there have never been any timeshares show up in Jasper but.....

Jasper prides itself on not being as "commercial" as Banff. There hasn't been any new developments in town because, as I understand it, the municipality is not allowed to exceed it's current boundries. The Park has also been designated as a "dark sky preserve" which limits development because of strict light pollution rules.