• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Reaction score
...I should have said "You can only drag things out so long with bondholders waiting for some sort of return OF their capital." No doubt they are looking at pennies on the dollar, there is no chance of return on capital.

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Wankel/Northmont losing their scare tactics? What scare tactics?

I’m a paid up owner and intend to continue my ownership and maintain my account in good standing.

I do not believe that I ‘should not pay’. Only a coward runs away from their obligations and hopes that there are no consequences.

Over the past number of years, I and many other owners have paid a premium in maintenance fees because of delinquent owners dating back to the time of Fairmont Resort Properties and subsequently Northmont Resort Properties.

I expect/demand that Northmont proceed to take whatever action is prudent to collect the delinquent maintenance fees, resort project fees and legal costs.

I am not scared by nor of Northmont nor will I be intimidated by anyone of the litigation group. I and many other paid-up owners expect Northmont to collect whatever is rightfully owing.

I have stayed at Sunchaser twice in the last two years, once in a renovated building at Riverside and once at Riverview. I have no complaints about the renovations nor of any other aspects of our stay.

I’m looking forward to having the resort down-sized and having Riverside and Riverview buildings remain as Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Fairmont. The resort will not shut down unless the paid up owners agree to do so.

I expect/demand that Northmont will deal with the delinquent owners in a fair and reasonable manner in consideration of the paid up owners, not only the delinquent owners.

Reaction score
Interesting

An interesting response. You definitely have a point of view.

First item of discussion, Scare Tactics. I wasn't even going to comment on this, it's like saying "water, what water?" during a monsoon. But, I realized, you may have no idea what's happened. You may not have received the communications specific to the delinquent group, you may not have paid attention to what was being discussed on this board. Individual lawsuits, tight timeline demands, 26% interest, VERY aggressive emails, VERY colourful/non professional emails, running down the litigation group's lawyer to the litigation group, aggressive, aggressive, aggressive. Really, I don't have time or energy to debate this one, it would be foolish, there's nothing to discover here. If you want to question what you consider scare tactics, great, good for you. I don't think anyone will care.

Coward. Now that I find really interesting. No sarcasm intended. I think it's really "neat" for lack of a better word that you would use coward as a name to emotionally label the litigation group. A person not willing to pay, presumably because they disagree (a vast number of things), could maybe be labelled a few things. You could dismiss the assumption of moral defiance and just call them "cheap", "irresponsible", "juvenile", "degenerate", etc. That may or may not be correct depending on the individual but it's at least a rational attack.

Now, to throw emotional attacks at the other side, the group that paid, you could disregard the assumption that they believe and agree with all the things the resort has done, so dismiss their moral acceptance, and then the rational attacks would be "scared", "not willing to stand up", "sheep", "spineless", and of course your word, "coward".

Fascinating that coward is the word you chose to attack people with.

As for everyone else, each person has their own situation. For some people they will be concerned that if they don't take an immediate deal they will be punished too severely with some additional future charge, that they can no longer take the chance to proceed further. For most people in the litigation group, I'd assume if you've been willing to come this far, if anything your resolve has strengthened. The type of people willing to face what we've been through aren't likely to suddenly change their convictions. Now the people who are paid up and realize they can be made to pay anything, anytime, I would guess many are concerned. Would they pay to leave? Well if they want their timeshare, they've already paid the big renovation fee, so no. But even if they want out they wouldn't pay a big fee to leave until the next big grab for money comes down the line.

Reaction score
Havent been on here for a few years. Looks like things are about to get more interesting. Is it time yet to take the muzzles off and give the real story of what the legal system has accomplished ( haha ) or do we continue to follow like lemmings to the sea. Never did have much time/money for legal counsel and this kinda confirmed my suspicions. So now our original bill has grown by 350 percent and we are supposed to charge into the sea because someone has arranged for an employees discount (think we used to get 15% at Sears). Word on the street is there are still around 4000 delinquents each owing about 15G. Think thats 60 mill. If people saw thru the ruse and werent willing to donate 4G each four years ago it seems hard to believe more than a handful will cave now or be able to raise the funds for that matter. Not aware that the economy in southern Alberta has been that buoyant the last few years. Still trying to sort out who works for who or with who. That legalese is baffling. Pass the Popcorn. This next scene should be interesting.

servemeout

Reaction score
A few years ago, Visa was required to place a statement on invoices, concerning making only the minimum payment each month, and the time that it would take to repay the outstanding balance. We have been given an option to "gift" to Northmont additional monies, to achieve the third rerun of pay to stay or pay to go. Using both my CCP & OAS every month, this is how long it would take to "gift" Northmont the amount that they are requesting. This is using 100% of what the government places in my bank account each month. At the low end 6.5 years and at the high end of their offer almost 10 years. So, TSWOW, does this sound like fair & reasonable? I would really miss having groceries and the other luxuries of life like a warm bed.

When LOR was sold, none of the timeshare lease holders were contacted. "The resort will not shut down unless the paid up owners agree to do so" You are not an "owner", you only lease time and I feel certain that there will be no consultation of anyone, paid or not. The hired help is rarely involved in business decisions. The business decisions have already been made but not revealed. Maybe Wakel needs to get a twitter account to keep us up to date.

Northmont wants as much money as they can collect from the low hanging fruit, or the ones that are willing to pay. This is now a case of having your "Kate & Edith too". Collect as much as you can before the Golden Goose croaks.

The RPF was to have ALL OF THE RESORT RENNOVATED, not sell off the property or have it rezoned for other use.

truthr

Reaction score
Regarding the email sent to us from Sunchaser Vacation Villas about the "Settlement Relinquishment Agreement Reached With Geldert Group".
As a member of that group I would just like others to know that it is NOT as done a deal as the email may imply.

For anyone who is a Geldert client and is not aware I have started a closed Facebook Group which is for Geldert clients ONLY. Anyone who requests to join will need approval. So if you are a current client of the Geldert group, please click on the link below, then click on join, then check your FB private message area for a message.

For all the others who are still unsure of what to do Tugbbs is a great place to hang out and there is another FB group that was started years ago that is a combination of so called "delinquent" "owners", other interested parties and of course spies/moles and who knows maybe the opponent himself using a pseudo name. :ponder:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/414303892242453/

Spark1

Reaction score

I’m a paid up owner and intend to continue my ownership and maintain my account in good standing.

I do not believe that I ‘should not pay’. Only a coward runs away from their obligations and hopes that there are no consequences.

Over the past number of years, I and many other owners have paid a premium in maintenance fees because of delinquent owners dating back to the time of Fairmont Resort Properties and subsequently Northmont Resort Properties.

I expect/demand that Northmont proceed to take whatever action is prudent to collect the delinquent maintenance fees, resort project fees and legal costs.

I am not scared by nor of Northmont nor will I be intimidated by anyone of the litigation group. I and many other paid-up owners expect Northmont to collect whatever is rightfully owing.

I have stayed at Sunchaser twice in the last two years, once in a renovated building at Riverside and once at Riverview. I have no complaints about the renovations nor of any other aspects of our stay.

I’m looking forward to having the resort down-sized and having Riverside and Riverview buildings remain as Sunchaser Vacation Villas at Fairmont. The resort will not shut down unless the paid up owners agree to do so.

I expect/demand that Northmont will deal with the delinquent owners in a fair and reasonable manner in consideration of the paid up owners, not only the delinquent owners.
You are an idiot. I will intimidate Wankal ,You the Judges or who ever thinks we time owners own this property. It was not Northwynd that was running this resort when we paid the majority of our Maintenance fees it was FRPL. They collected their money from us and never demanded any more money. I feel you are one of those greedy bond owners that thought you were going to receive 12% on your investment and you also bought into a timeshare or you bought into the legacy for life. It is you people that have screwed it up for us original time owners we never screwed it up for you guys. How did FRPL calculate our maintenance fees each year, they used item numbers 9 and 10. These judges brought up 9 and 10 and were not bright enough to understand that these two items are used strictly for maintenance fees not huge capital expenditures or cancellation options like freedom to choose. Did you read the freedom to choose cancellation form. Service Alberta did and the agent said you are not cancelled. Who the hell would pay the cancellation if you are not cancelled read the small print on the bottom of the page. Northwynd got lucky with this cancellation because of Justice Loos screw up. Their was also many that paid into the the renovation that might not of because of her decision. These judges do no understand time owners in BC Canada. We pay maintenance fees figured our by the resort manager each year nothing more. We are not responsible for the original construction of that resort this is why Northwynd was responsible for the 7000 building. We live buy our agreement nothing more and because of freedom to choose it has destroyed our timeshare and Northwynd will compensate us for the years lost.

maintenance fees each year

sad_world

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to read through all 86 pages of this thread yet, and so I don't know how many other stories are similar to my aunt's situation, but here's an overview.

I've been taking care of my aunt while she slips deep into dementia. It's a brutal thing to witness a woman who was formerly a brilliant nurse, who took care of thousands of children and infants over the decades, rapidly turn into a living shell of a human.

From what I can gather, she must have signed up for a Sunchaser timeshare in the late 90's. At that time she was already retired, and although she was a very smart and capable woman, for whatever reason she decided to sign up for one of these contracts that last for 40 years, which would have lasted until she was 108-110 years old, until the late 2030's.

It sends me into a furious purple rage when I think of the scenario, where some cheesy salesman is encouraging an already fairly senior, sweet, passive, and submissive woman to sign such a contract, which is so obviously counter to her best interests. Of course, this was way before the internet revolution was fully in bloom, way before AirBNB was a concept, and so I can understand that timeshares were still considered a viable option for people. But still, 40 year contracts that the salesman knows you will have to buy yourself out of, say when you in your early 100's and your social security checks aren't keeping up with your wild jet-set timesharing lifestyle? Ugh. So gross, so cheesy, So 90's.

Anyway, during the time I've been taking care of my aunt, she started to get these nasty, evil, violent phone calls from Northwynd's goons demanding a lot of money. So ridiculously much money. Like, if just went to live under a freeway bridge and ate only bark and leaves, and used the entirety of her meager social security income to pay off what Northwynd is asking of her, it would take her nearly 5 years.

At this point, the BEST case scenario is that my aunt die as soon as possible, since it seems to be the only thing that will free her from these evil, monstrous parasites. I get all torn up inside trying to picture the reprehensible people that run this sordid empire. How can this even be a thing in 2017?

If I were independently wealthy and had the means to travel to Canada and find the CEO and all the board members of this scam, I would follow them around all day telling everyone within earshot how these despicable reptiles take advantage of old ladies. I would have a bullhorn and I would shout it as they were shopping at the grocery store, as they were at their kid's sporting events, while they tried to meet mating partners at bars, at their PTA meetings, everywhere, every day. I would hire a group of people to help me do this if necessary, one for every rotten board member. The only thing that allows people this evil to continue to function is the fact that others in their community don't know the violence they perpetuate upon innocents and the helpless in their pursuit of pure unadulterated greed.

I don't know what the outcome will be for my aunt, but again, at this point it seems like death alone will save her from the tyrants at Northwynd. God help us all in this world of vipers.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
I haven't had a chance to read through all 86 pages of this thread yet, and so I don't know how many other stories are similar to my aunt's situation, but here's an overview.

I've been taking care of my aunt while she slips deep into dementia. It's a brutal thing to witness a woman who was formerly a brilliant nurse, who took care of thousands of children and infants over the decades, rapidly turn into a living shell of a human.

From what I can gather, she must have signed up for a Sunchaser timeshare in the late 90's. At that time she was already retired, and although she was a very smart and capable woman, for whatever reason she decided to sign up for one of these contracts that last for 40 years, which would have lasted until she was 108-110 years old, until the late 2030's.

It sends me into a furious purple rage when I think of the scenario, where some cheesy salesman is encouraging an already fairly senior, sweet, passive, and submissive woman to sign such a contract, which is so obviously counter to her best interests. Of course, this was way before the internet revolution was fully in bloom, way before AirBNB was a concept, and so I can understand that timeshares were still considered a viable option for people. But still, 40 year contracts that the salesman knows you will have to buy yourself out of, say when you in your early 100's and your social security checks aren't keeping up with your wild jet-set timesharing lifestyle? Ugh. So gross, so cheesy, So 90's.

Anyway, during the time I've been taking care of my aunt, she started to get these nasty, evil, violent phone calls from Northwynd's goons demanding a lot of money. So ridiculously much money. Like, if just went to live under a freeway bridge and ate only bark and leaves, and used the entirety of her meager social security income to pay off what Northwynd is asking of her, it would take her nearly 5 years.

At this point, the BEST case scenario is that my aunt die as soon as possible, since it seems to be the only thing that will free her from these evil, monstrous parasites. I get all torn up inside trying to picture the reprehensible people that run this sordid empire. How can this even be a thing in 2017?

If I were independently wealthy and had the means to travel to Canada and find the CEO and all the board members of this scam, I would follow them around all day telling everyone within earshot how these despicable reptiles take advantage of old ladies. I would have a bullhorn and I would shout it as they were shopping at the grocery store, as they were at their kid's sporting events, while they tried to meet mating partners at bars, at their PTA meetings, everywhere, every day. I would hire a group of people to help me do this if necessary, one for every rotten board member. The only thing that allows people this evil to continue to function is the fact that others in their community don't know the violence they perpetuate upon innocents and the helpless in their pursuit of pure unadulterated greed.

I don't know what the outcome will be for my aunt, but again, at this point it seems like death alone will save her from the tyrants at Northwynd. God help us all in this world of vipers.

In your aunt's case, I wouldn't worry about it as the worst they can do is put it on her credit report which is meaningless at this stage. I would ignore the calls, and keep going on with your day. You can't extract blood from a stone and if they would like to try, let them.

Spark1

Reaction score

All timeowners from outside of Canada be smart and do not pay these scam assholes one dime. Our agreements do not allow them to charge huge assessment or cancellation fees like they are doing using the Supreme Court of BC. Their cancellation forms even if you paid you are not canceled. We all have to stick together and let these crooks hang themselves. Because of this freedom to Choose they owe us for all the years lost plus interest. We all need to send them a bill plus interest and hire bill collectors to go after them. We paid in good faith and they ruined the resort not us. I do not pay for poor construction when this resort was built and we all paid our maintenance fees like required yearly and there is no mention of special assessments. Every one send them a bill. We all know once they get our money they will close down the resort or sell it like all the other resorts they took over from FRPL. This is a scam backed buy the BC justice system.

Reaction score

You were very brave to pay and stay, knowing that they could come up with another pay-to-stay/pay-to-leave scheme again before your 40-year contract ends. All those buildings will be that much older and you will be on the hook for all the capital costs to totally rebuild. As often as they feel like doing it. Even when your contract is about to end in a year or two, you could suddenly have a new financial obligation. Because apparently maintenance fees are not maintenance fees. They are fully-fund-new-capital-improvement fees.

You were very brave to pay and stay, knowing they never did set up a Lessee's Association despite NUMEROUS requests from many people going back 20 years. You are very trusting to not wonder what they had to fear in all of us being able to communicate with one another about the future of our (then-) beautiful resort. You are very brave to still go forward now without such an association.

You were very brave to pay and stay, when their plan clearly was fraught with unknowns. How many buildings would be left? Which ones? Would there be enough lessees left paying annual maintenance fees to still provide all the services we had - the pools, the recreation programs, etc.? How much would maintenance fees have to increase once the economies of scale were lost? What would it be like having to share the facilities with the public?

You were very brave to pay and stay when Northmont/Northwynd did not meet their own obligations to pay the fees on behalf of the returned/unsold/delinquent weeks - not back then, and not now. Did you realize that?

You were very brave to pay and stay when Northmont/Northwynd received - before the deadline - a certified cheque for the full amount to leave. They refused and returned it because it was made out to their lawyers IN TRUST instead of in their name. Oh.....but you probably didn't know about that.

You also may not have realized that Northmont/Northwynd bullied a lot of lessees with their deadline back then - people who had already booked their time and paid their maintenance fees the year before - as required. Those people would lose all that money and their vacation plans too if they chose to leave.

Like most of the "delinquents", we were always fully pre-paid with our obligations. Until this scam-without-end came along. Nope. Nope. Nope.

What they are doing is just wrong, and our opposition has nothing to do with running away from our obligations.

Call me a coward, but I cannot support any part of what Northmont/Northwynd is doing to people.....including those who chose to pay to stay.

Spark1

Reaction score
You were very brave to pay and stay, knowing that they could come up with another pay-to-stay/pay-to-leave scheme again before your 40-year contract ends. All those buildings will be that much older and you will be on the hook for all the capital costs to totally rebuild. As often as they feel like doing it. Even when your contract is about to end in a year or two, you could suddenly have a new financial obligation. Because apparently maintenance fees are not maintenance fees. They are fully-fund-new-capital-improvement fees.

You were very brave to pay and stay, knowing they never did set up a Lessee's Association despite NUMEROUS requests from many people going back 20 years. You are very trusting to not wonder what they had to fear in all of us being able to communicate with one another about the future of our (then-) beautiful resort. You are very brave to still go forward now without such an association.

You were very brave to pay and stay, when their plan clearly was fraught with unknowns. How many buildings would be left? Which ones? Would there be enough lessees left paying annual maintenance fees to still provide all the services we had - the pools, the recreation programs, etc.? How much would maintenance fees have to increase once the economies of scale were lost? What would it be like having to share the facilities with the public?

You were very brave to pay and stay when Northmont/Northwynd did not meet their own obligations to pay the fees on behalf of the returned/unsold/delinquent weeks - not back then, and not now. Did you realize that?

You were very brave to pay and stay when Northmont/Northwynd received - before the deadline - a certified cheque for the full amount to leave. They refused and returned it because it was made out to their lawyers IN TRUST instead of in their name. Oh.....but you probably didn't know about that.

You also may not have realized that Northmont/Northwynd bullied a lot of lessees with their deadline back then - people who had already booked their time and paid their maintenance fees the year before - as required. Those people would lose all that money and their vacation plans too if they chose to leave.

Like most of the "delinquents", we were always fully pre-paid with our obligations. Until this scam-without-end came along. Nope. Nope. Nope.

What they are doing is just wrong, and our opposition has nothing to do with running away from our obligations.

Call me a coward, but I cannot support any part of what Northmont/Northwynd is doing to people.....including those who chose to pay to stay.
We bought a green week in the odd year 2001 and of course they always show you the new property not the older ones. Then in 2002 we changed it to a red week golf prime and they sold us a other red week in the even year and gave us a free red week so that gave us a golf prime in each year and another free week in the even year free what a joke. We paid maintenance fees for 12 years before freedom to choose. Did you hear Doug Frey on TV say that the fees were to low and time owners would be paying more now that they are managing the resort. So for those weeks it would cost me 123000.00 to stay that means on average we should of been paying 1000.00 plus our maintenance fees for each year. We know this was not in our agreements because if it was they would not of had to petition the courts to try to do this. The cancellation is also a scam read the small print and of course they wanted the money made out to them it was like winning the lottery and what good did it do the Resort that they own. They say they do not have to follow item 13 when you stop paying maintenance fees but they can come up with this scheme with their own cancellation and we know people that still have not been released from prison. Northwynd and what they call a justice system scam,scam,scam go to hell.

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
What has not been provided are the details of Northmont’s offer; is interest being charged during the payment period and if so at what rate, etc. From a business perspective and what has been stated, the offer appears to be fair and reasonable. Is it expected that no interest charges should be charged and/or the principal amount owing should be reduced? If so, that would be a gift from Northmont.

Northmont has revealed their business decision; to renovate the buildings to accommodate the paid-to-stay owners, to sell off/dispose of the buildings not required and collect the delinquent maintenance fees and pay-to-go fees. From the outset Northmont committed to renovate that part of the resort required to accommodate the paid-to-stay owners, not renovate all of the buildings. The buildings not required would be separated from the resort and sold/disposed. Regardless of the size of the resort, each paid-to-stay owner would continue to enjoy their timeshare.

I am fully aware of the situation at Sunchaser and the events that lead to the bankruptcy of Fairmont, the takeover by Northmont, the subsequent litigation and the posts on TUGBBS. I paid-to-stay $3,775 and in looking back, am glad that I did. I only had to sacrifice 3 months of my CPP and OAS rather than the 6 to 10 years had I not paid-to-stay or had I not chosen to-go, I would be facing a hefty outstanding balance and would feel despondent. There may be another court case which will add to the legal cost and if the decision is made against the litigation group (for the third time), I would expect Northmont to be reimbursed for their legal costs. The winners in this legal tug of war are the lawyers at the expense of the litigation group and paid-to-stay owners.

I would be interested in receiving a written reply from Service Alberta regarding their interpretation of the “freedom to choose cancellation form”. My form does not have any small print on the bottom of the page.

It did not take any bravery on my part to make my decision. I saw thru the rhetoric of the delinquent owners, which continues till this day, and realized that I did not want to part of the litigation group. Bullying, making hateful remarks, making erroneous statements, etc. are discouraging remarks. I do not like being a part of an angry and bombastic group.

Northmont sent a survey in the fall of 2011 and, amongst other items, asked owners about a HOA. The response was minimal; only 3,310 responses were received by Northmont from a total of 14,500 owners, with 25% of responses in favour of a HOA, 34% in disagreement and 40% neutral. Now there are 4,640 paid-to-stay owners and 3,625 delinquent owners, I would not agree to a HOA until the matter of the delinquent owners is resolved. In my opinion they already have a an HOA of sorts in the litigation group.

I fully expect Northmont to pursue the collection of monies owing and expect them to collect their legal costs from the litigation group. The opposition to Northmont has not been favoured by the courts; the courts do not agree with the litigation group that what Northmont is doing is wrong.

Spark1

Reaction score
What has not been provided are the details of Northmont’s offer; is interest being charged during the payment period and if so at what rate, etc. From a business perspective and what has been stated, the offer appears to be fair and reasonable. Is it expected that no interest charges should be charged and/or the principal amount owing should be reduced? If so, that would be a gift from Northmont.

Northmont has revealed their business decision; to renovate the buildings to accommodate the paid-to-stay owners, to sell off/dispose of the buildings not required and collect the delinquent maintenance fees and pay-to-go fees. From the outset Northmont committed to renovate that part of the resort required to accommodate the paid-to-stay owners, not renovate all of the buildings. The buildings not required would be separated from the resort and sold/disposed. Regardless of the size of the resort, each paid-to-stay owner would continue to enjoy their timeshare.

I am fully aware of the situation at Sunchaser and the events that lead to the bankruptcy of Fairmont, the takeover by Northmont, the subsequent litigation and the posts on TUGBBS. I paid-to-stay $3,775 and in looking back, am glad that I did. I only had to sacrifice 3 months of my CPP and OAS rather than the 6 to 10 years had I not paid-to-stay or had I not chosen to-go, I would be facing a hefty outstanding balance and would feel despondent. There may be another court case which will add to the legal cost and if the decision is made against the litigation group (for the third time), I would expect Northmont to be reimbursed for their legal costs. The winners in this legal tug of war are the lawyers at the expense of the litigation group and paid-to-stay owners.

I would be interested in receiving a written reply from Service Alberta regarding their interpretation of the “freedom to choose cancellation form”. My form does not have any small print on the bottom of the page.

It did not take any bravery on my part to make my decision. I saw thru the rhetoric of the delinquent owners, which continues till this day, and realized that I did not want to part of the litigation group. Bullying, making hateful remarks, making erroneous statements, etc. are discouraging remarks. I do not like being a part of an angry and bombastic group.

Northmont sent a survey in the fall of 2011 and, amongst other items, asked owners about a HOA. The response was minimal; only 3,310 responses were received by Northmont from a total of 14,500 owners, with 25% of responses in favour of a HOA, 34% in disagreement and 40% neutral. Now there are 4,640 paid-to-stay owners and 3,625 delinquent owners, I would not agree to a HOA until the matter of the delinquent owners is resolved. In my opinion they already have a an HOA of sorts in the litigation group.

I fully expect Northmont to pursue the collection of monies owing and expect them to collect their legal costs from the litigation group. The opposition to Northmont has not been favoured by the courts; the courts do not agree with the litigation group that what Northmont is doing is wrong.
Would you like a copy of the cancellation form that I took to Service Alberta? Sunchasers office sent me this form. We can not allow our agreements to be changed and their has been no litigation just test cases. The RCMP has a copy of this form the Wildrose Party has a copy and I will be talking to my MLA Ron ORR as will as Service Alberta. Do you know the history of Northwynd? There are so many different agreements out there and Legacy for Life etc. We do not want to be them. Northwynd quite trying to change our agreements. Explain to us who you are. I will tell you this I will pay Northwynd nothing and in fact I will sue them for years lost. No body tells me I have to pay money for what I already paid for plus maintenance payments. I hate these guys with a passion. Enjoy you *bleep*ed up timeshare.

Curious 1

Reaction score
Would you like a copy of the cancellation form that I took to Service Alberta? Sunchasers office sent me this form. We can not allow our agreements to be changed and their has been no litigation just test cases. The RCMP has a copy of this form the Wildrose Party has a copy and I will be talking to my MLA Ron ORR as will as Service Alberta. Do you know the history of Northwynd? There are so many different agreements out there and Legacy for Life etc. We do not want to be them. Northwynd quite trying to change our agreements. Explain to us who you are. I will tell you this I will pay Northwynd nothing and in fact I will sue them for years lost. No body tells me I have to pay money for what I already paid for plus maintenance payments. I hate these guys with a passion. Enjoy you *bleep*ed up timeshare.
Tswow. I am curious as how you have a cancellation form when you paided to stay

mmchili

TUG Member
Reaction score
Spark; here is a copy of the Cancellation Agreement. Now would you identify the specific area of the agreement that Service Alberta referenced when they gsve you their interpreataion? Please note, there is no small print on either page of the Agreement.

CANCELLATION AGREEMENT
THIS CANCELLATION AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is made effective as of the ____ day of ______________, 2013.
BETWEEN:
NORTHMONT RESORT PROPERTIES LTD.
As General Partner for Northmont Limited Partnership
(“Northmont”)
-and-
(whether one or more, the “Timeshare Owner”)
Northmont and the Timeshare Owner are sometimes referred to herein, collectively, as the “Parties” and, individually as a “Party”
RECITALS:
A. Northmont is the manager of the resort located in Fairmont, British Columbia known as Sunchaser Vacation Villas (the “Resort”).
B. The Timeshare Owner is a party to a Vacation Interval Agreement (the “VIA”) at the Resort for timeshare interval(s)
_________________________ (insert lease #’s).
C. The Timeshare Owner has the full right and authority to enter into this Agreement and that the Certificate(s) of Leasehold Interest for the VIA has not been transferred, pledged or assigned by the Timeshare Owner.
D. Northmont is also a party to the VIA either as signatory or as successor to Fairmont Resort Properties Ltd. as a result of a Foreclosure Agreement dated June 15, 2010 approved by the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
E. Northmont, in its capacity as manager, has levied a renovation project maintenance fee (the “Renovation Project Maintenance Fee”) in connection with the VIA.
F. The Timeshare Owner would like to terminate the VIA and surrender its rights to Northmont.
G. The Timeshare Owner either (i) does not own another VIA; or (ii) has entered into cancellation agreement(s) (the “Additional Agreement(s)”) for each additional VIA owned that relates to a higher priority season value based on a priority of Golden greater than Prime Golf greater than Prime greater than Leisure.
H. The VIA does not provide for termination by either Party but Northmont is prepared to permit termination on the terms and conditions set out herein.

NOW THEREFORE THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSES that in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements herein set forth the Parties agree as follows:
1. Subject to payment of all amounts owing to Northmont under this Agreement and the Additional Agreement(s), if any, the VIA shall be terminated and the Timeshare Owner shall be released from all current and future obligations under the VIA as of the Effective Date (as defined below in paragraph 2).
2. The effective date (the "Effective Date") of termination of the VIA shall be the date on which the last payment required under paragraph 3 of this Agreement is received by Northmont.
3. The Timeshare Owner will pay Northmont, upon execution of this Agreement, by cheque, electronic funds transfer or money order:
a. a cancellation fee of $ __________ (the “Cancellation Fee”); and
b. any outstanding balances related to the VIA, including but not limited to outstanding maintenance fees, interest, and any payments related to acquisition of the VIA on a promissory note or security agreement, but specifically excepting balances related to the Renovation Project Maintenance Fee, with the total amount to be determined by Northmont concurrent with execution of this Agreement.
4. If the Timeshare Owner fails to make any payment under this Agreement within the time stipulated for payment, Northmont, in its sole discretion, may terminate this Agreement without notice. If this Agreement is terminated as
"Page 1"

a result of a default in payment by the Timeshare Owner:
a. the VIA shall continue in full force and effect;
b. any amounts paid in respect of the Cancellation Fee, up to a maximum of 50% of the entire Cancellation Fee, shall be retained by Northmont as liquidated damages and not as a penalty; and
c. any portion of the Cancellation Fee then paid which exceeds 50% of the total Cancellation Fee shall be transferred to Resort Villa Management Ltd. applied against existing or, if insufficient existing obligations exist, future maintenance fee obligations of the Timeshare Owner within ten (10) days of the date of termination,
provided for greater certainty that no Timeshare Owner shall be entitled to the refund of any amounts paid under this Agreement.
5. The Timeshare Owner hereby absolutely and irrevocably assigns, transfers and sets over to Northmont any and all of the Owner's rights now or hereafter existing to vote or consent (or withhold consent) to any matter as an owner under the VIA.
6. Until the Effective Date, the Timeshare Owner shall remain liable for any and all amounts owing by it with respect to the VIA including, without limitation, interest on outstanding balances and new invoices such as the next year’s maintenance fee billing if it occurs.
7. The Timeshare Owner covenants with Northmont to indemnify and save harmless Northmont from any and all actions, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, losses and expenses incurred or sustained by Northmont arising from or connected with:
a. any breach, violation or non-performance of any covenant, agreement, condition or proviso in this Agreement set out and contained on the part of the Timeshare Owner to be fulfilled, kept, observed and performed;
b. any other act or omission of the Timeshare Owner.
8. The following additional terms form part of this Agreement.
a. This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and applied in accordance with, and shall be governed by, the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
b. No Party shall be entitled to assign this Agreement or any right hereunder without the prior written consent of the other Party or Parties, as the case may be.
c. No consent or waiver, expressed or implied, by a Party to or any breach or default by another Party in the performance by such other Party of its obligations hereunder shall be deemed or construed to be a consent or waiver to or of any other breach or default in performance by such other Party hereunder. Failure on the part of a Party to complain of any act or failure to act of another Party or to declare the other Party in default, irrespective of how long such failure continues, shall not constitute a waiver by such first mentioned Party of its rights hereunder.
d. If any covenant, obligation or agreement of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement or the application of such covenant, obligation or agreement to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each covenant, obligation and agreement of this Agreement shall be separately valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
e. Even though a Party may not affix its seal, this Agreement shall for all purposes be deemed to have been executed under seal.
f. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and delivered by facsimile or other electronic means.
g. This Agreement shall be binding upon and enure to the benefit of the Parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of the date and year first above written.
Timeshare Owner 1
Per: ___________________________________
Timeshare Owner’s Signature
Timeshare Owner 2
Timeshare Owner 3
Timeshare Owner 4
Per: __________________________________
Authorized Signature

"Page 2"

Reaction score

So.....you don't have a problem with Northmont charging you that huge pay-to-stay fee which was to cover the capital costs for renovating ALL the buildings, then selling off a bunch of them?

Spark1

Reaction score
Spark; here is a copy of the Cancellation Agreement. Now would you identify the specific area of the agreement that Service Alberta referenced when they gsve you their interpreataion? Please note, there is no small print on either page of the Agreement.

CANCELLATION AGREEMENT
THIS CANCELLATION AGREEMENT (the “Agreement”) is made effective as of the ____ day of ______________, 2013.
BETWEEN:
As General Partner for Northmont Limited Partnership
(“Northmont”)
-and-
(whether one or more, the “Timeshare Owner”)
Northmont and the Timeshare Owner are sometimes referred to herein, collectively, as the “Parties” and, individually as a “Party”
RECITALS:
A. Northmont is the manager of the resort located in Fairmont, British Columbia known as Sunchaser Vacation Villas (the “Resort”).
B. The Timeshare Owner is a party to a Vacation Interval Agreement (the “VIA”) at the Resort for timeshare interval(s)
_________________________ (insert lease #’s).
C. The Timeshare Owner has the full right and authority to enter into this Agreement and that the Certificate(s) of Leasehold Interest for the VIA has not been transferred, pledged or assigned by the Timeshare Owner.
D. Northmont is also a party to the VIA either as signatory or as successor to Fairmont Resort Properties Ltd. as a result of a Foreclosure Agreement dated June 15, 2010 approved by the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
E. Northmont, in its capacity as manager, has levied a renovation project maintenance fee (the “Renovation Project Maintenance Fee”) in connection with the VIA.
F. The Timeshare Owner would like to terminate the VIA and surrender its rights to Northmont.
G. The Timeshare Owner either (i) does not own another VIA; or (ii) has entered into cancellation agreement(s) (the “Additional Agreement(s)”) for each additional VIA owned that relates to a higher priority season value based on a priority of Golden greater than Prime Golf greater than Prime greater than Leisure.
H. The VIA does not provide for termination by either Party but Northmont is prepared to permit termination on the terms and conditions set out herein.

NOW THEREFORE THIS AGREEMENT WITNESSES that in consideration of the mutual covenants and agreements herein set forth the Parties agree as follows:
1. Subject to payment of all amounts owing to Northmont under this Agreement and the Additional Agreement(s), if any, the VIA shall be terminated and the Timeshare Owner shall be released from all current and future obligations under the VIA as of the Effective Date (as defined below in paragraph 2).
2. The effective date (the "Effective Date") of termination of the VIA shall be the date on which the last payment required under paragraph 3 of this Agreement is received by Northmont.
3. The Timeshare Owner will pay Northmont, upon execution of this Agreement, by cheque, electronic funds transfer or money order:
a. a cancellation fee of $ __________ (the “Cancellation Fee”); and
b. any outstanding balances related to the VIA, including but not limited to outstanding maintenance fees, interest, and any payments related to acquisition of the VIA on a promissory note or security agreement, but specifically excepting balances related to the Renovation Project Maintenance Fee, with the total amount to be determined by Northmont concurrent with execution of this Agreement.
4. If the Timeshare Owner fails to make any payment under this Agreement within the time stipulated for payment, Northmont, in its sole discretion, may terminate this Agreement without notice. If this Agreement is terminated as
"Page 1"

a result of a default in payment by the Timeshare Owner:
a. the VIA shall continue in full force and effect;
b. any amounts paid in respect of the Cancellation Fee, up to a maximum of 50% of the entire Cancellation Fee, shall be retained by Northmont as liquidated damages and not as a penalty; and
c. any portion of the Cancellation Fee then paid which exceeds 50% of the total Cancellation Fee shall be transferred to Resort Villa Management Ltd. applied against existing or, if insufficient existing obligations exist, future maintenance fee obligations of the Timeshare Owner within ten (10) days of the date of termination,
provided for greater certainty that no Timeshare Owner shall be entitled to the refund of any amounts paid under this Agreement.
5. The Timeshare Owner hereby absolutely and irrevocably assigns, transfers and sets over to Northmont any and all of the Owner's rights now or hereafter existing to vote or consent (or withhold consent) to any matter as an owner under the VIA.
6. Until the Effective Date, the Timeshare Owner shall remain liable for any and all amounts owing by it with respect to the VIA including, without limitation, interest on outstanding balances and new invoices such as the next year’s maintenance fee billing if it occurs.
7. The Timeshare Owner covenants with Northmont to indemnify and save harmless Northmont from any and all actions, claims, liabilities, damages, costs, losses and expenses incurred or sustained by Northmont arising from or connected with:
a. any breach, violation or non-performance of any covenant, agreement, condition or proviso in this Agreement set out and contained on the part of the Timeshare Owner to be fulfilled, kept, observed and performed;
b. any other act or omission of the Timeshare Owner.
8. The following additional terms form part of this Agreement.
a. This Agreement shall be construed, interpreted and applied in accordance with, and shall be governed by, the laws of the Province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
b. No Party shall be entitled to assign this Agreement or any right hereunder without the prior written consent of the other Party or Parties, as the case may be.
c. No consent or waiver, expressed or implied, by a Party to or any breach or default by another Party in the performance by such other Party of its obligations hereunder shall be deemed or construed to be a consent or waiver to or of any other breach or default in performance by such other Party hereunder. Failure on the part of a Party to complain of any act or failure to act of another Party or to declare the other Party in default, irrespective of how long such failure continues, shall not constitute a waiver by such first mentioned Party of its rights hereunder.
d. If any covenant, obligation or agreement of this Agreement, or the application thereof to any person or circumstance shall, to any extent, be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement or the application of such covenant, obligation or agreement to persons or circumstances other than those as to which it is held invalid or unenforceable, shall not be affected thereby and each covenant, obligation and agreement of this Agreement shall be separately valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
e. Even though a Party may not affix its seal, this Agreement shall for all purposes be deemed to have been executed under seal.
f. This Agreement may be executed in counterparts and delivered by facsimile or other electronic means.
g. This Agreement shall be binding upon and enure to the benefit of the Parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Parties hereto have executed this Agreement as of the date and year first above written.
Timeshare Owner 1
Timeshare Owner 2
Timeshare Owner 3
Timeshare Owner 4
Per: __________________________________
Authorized Signature

"Page 2"
This is not the cancellation form they sent me. I took that cancellation form to service Alberta and had a agent read the form and tell me what they thought her answer was you are not cancelled. That form game from Sunchasers office. Sunchaser must of made up a new form and did not send them out to all time owners. The RCMP also have that form. How much money have you got to bet me on this issue I will match all bets on this one.

Spark1

Reaction score
All time owners that had enough of Northwynd's poor me and crying about how FRPL did not maintain the resort the way they should have and we still are not entitled to have a condo association so we can have some say in how our maintenance fees are spent How do we know we're all the money was spent with no one policing this. We can not trust the Trustee. So who can we trust. Was the majority of the money used to buy other resorts like the ones in Mexico,Belize, Hawaii, Kelowna etc. We will never know without a condo Association. Geldert Law should of won this case just on how are agreements have been breached.
Every one should use this website. www.consumerhandbook.ca This handbook includes all the provinces . Email both BC and your province and explain to consumer affairs about what is happening with your timeshare. Let them know that in your agreement there is nothing stating that they can charge you this huge assessment or force you to use this freedom to Choose cancellation form. Write this out first so you have the same story for both provinces.

servemeout

Reaction score

If you do not like bombastic groups perhaps you need to place your soap box on Hillside and convince the occupants of buildings 1000 to 5000 that Northwynd is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

CleoB

Reaction score
I think that tswow doesn't understand that the leasees simply paid to lease "time". They have a share of time, they do not own any of the resort property itself. They are like the tenant in a building that leases "space" from the owner. They agree on what the monthly/yearly lease payments are. The tenant, like the timeshare owners, is not responsible for "capital improvements". If the building owner wants to replace the boiler that is a "capital improvement". Prior to replacement though part of the tenant's lease payment would go to maintain the boiler. If the owner wanted to add a three level parking garage, again that is a "capital improvement" that would be bore by the owner not the tenant.

tswow sounds like he has been brainwashed by Northmount about the "bad deliquent owners". When this case continues, and I believe it will, we'll see how happy you are when your maintenance fees jump because Northmount will try to suck the money out of you even though legally they can't do that. They haven't put in their share of maintenance fees for the people that "paid to leave". Yes, Northmount now owns those timeshares but hasn't contributed their share of the maintenance fees......you have. We'll see how you feel the next time Northmount wants to assess you for something that is rightfully their responsibility to pay for. Good luck tswow, you're going to need it.

pdoff

Reaction score
All time owners that had enough of Northwynd's poor me and crying about how FRPL did not maintain the resort the way they should have and we still are not entitled to have a condo association so we can have some say in how our maintenance fees are spent How do we know we're all the money was spent with no one policing this. We can not trust the Trustee. So who can we trust. Was the majority of the money used to buy other resorts like the ones in Mexico,Belize, Hawaii, Kelowna etc. We will never know without a condo Association. Geldert Law should of won this case just on how are agreements have been breached.
Every one should use this website. www.consumerhandbook.ca This handbook includes all the provinces . Email both BC and your province and explain to consumer affairs about what is happening with your timeshare. Let them know that in your agreement there is nothing stating that they can charge you this huge assessment or force you to use this freedom to Choose cancellation form. Write this out first so you have the same story for both provinces.

Also lets not forget that Bondholders from FRPL are also Bondholders of Northwynd -- and when Northwynd declares that they went bankrupt - they will probably come back as Passingwynd!

Spark1

Reaction score
Also lets not forget that Bondholders from FRPL are also Bondholders of Northwynd -- and when Northwynd declares that they went bankrupt - they will probably come back as Passingwynd!
Every one should keep in mine that this huge assessment was not written in any agreements that is why they and their idiot trustee petitioned the Supreme Court of BC to try to make the extortion legal. Let's not fall for this and let consumer affairs you will not. They say they do not have to follow our cancellation item no. 13 but we have to use theirs if we want to cancel. Why do we sign agreements? This is a scam and they are using tax payers money to scam us.