• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Spark1

Reaction score
I am assuming that many of us got the badly phrased letter from Northwynd today on the litigation. Who writes their communications? Once again they continue to state what an excellent job they are doing running the resort and how this proves they have the best interest of the timeshare owners at heart. Those of us in the legal suit are misguided and misinformed. The only time I was misguided and misinformed was when I signed a contract with them and expected them to live up to the contract. I would never call a judge corrupt but I do believe that they want the business to survive and perhaps are putting too much credibility in what Northwynd in saying. I can not believe that they will ultimately allow the contracts that we signed in good faith to be changed in a way that puts all of the costs on lease holders. It sets a precedence that can not be allowed to happen.
If a judge is human believe me they sure the hell can be corrupt. Take a look at how the PM is acting. Judges are not god believe me.

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not being naïve here, I know they could be corrupt but I always try to trust professionals and give them the benefit of the doubt. Just don't really like to see people posting here that the judge was corrupt. I prefer to think of the judge's ruling as misinformed rather than corrupt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however.

Spark1

Reaction score
Not being naïve here, I know they could be corrupt but I always try to trust professionals and give them the benefit of the doubt. Just don't really like to see people posting here that the judge was corrupt. I prefer to think of the judge's ruling as misinformed rather than corrupt. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however.
Four Supreme court judges ruled against Justice Loo's decision. Over 10 million dollars in cancellation was paid out and how many million in reno fees. Would the leases paid this out if she would of made the right decision? Now the other judge rules against us and they are after us again hoping we will panic like the first time. This is a game about money not about having a wonderful resort for us timeshare leases. Northwynd has not kept any of the resorts they have been involved in and they will not keep this one.

Reaction score
“Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.”

"....However, the Resort has been morally and ethically correct as well. We have been open and honest throughout this process about our position and owners’ rights. Further, we have made fair offers at every stage of the process to try and reach an amicable resolution...."

'Morally and ethically correct.' Really? That's a self-aggrandizing statement.

Does Mr. Wankle believe that is something that courts determine, moral and ethical correctness? That is not what courts determine. Courts make judgements on legislated law. One exception, the court of public opinion.
So, Mr. Wankle, I know you are reading this, why don't you put your actions to the test? Why, as the Chief Executive of Northwynd, don't you form a leaseholders association? A leaseholders' association is an obligation in my lease agreement. That can't be a stretch then can it. You have nothing to fear, at least not if you are 'morally and ethically correct'. Put some weight to your words, some balance to your actions.
Until you buy yourself social license, nothing you say or do will ever carry any weight. You'll be just another corporate exploiter like, Martin Shkreli, the former hedge fund manager who woke up one day and raised the price of a cancer drug. Because he could and, it served his interest. He was obsessed with manipulative role-playing games of fantasy. Reality, as most of us know it, caught up with Martin.
Put your judgements of morality and ethics to the test. Form a leaseholders association!
Let us, the leaseholders, be the counter-balance to your Developer weighted decisions.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Latest Communications

Hey, in response to the latest attacks from Northmont we got to see our new counsel hired by Geldert flex their muscles, just a little bit. Looks like we're bringing a bazooka to a knife fight. :clap::whoopie::wave:

IMO these attack letters from Northmont add even more clarity to the situation and not in Northmont's favour. If you're in a position of legal and moral strength, as Northmont claims, why would you even bother with such negative attacks? Instead you'd go about your business of legally bringing things to a resolution. Why would you try to sling mud?

As has been said in previous posts, current up to date TS renters/owners who are still hoping that they can rely on Northmont to provide a positive vacation experience should be scared. I assume many of them hope we win because if we don't then the potential for continual capital costs in any flavour continues on. Do you trust these guys when they handle things this way? You'll be provided with a continually diminishing situation until they close everything up and who knows what your bill will be by that point. Check out Northmont's other TS ventures. How'd they pan out?

Reaction score
Put another way, if we win then current TS renter's/owner's cost risks become immediately defined. They'll know that if things continue to deteriorate they can break things off with Northmont without being further gouged. If we don't win then their cost risks are much higher and are anyone's guess.

pdoff

Reaction score
latest communications

All I can say is Wow!! It seems that whoever is writing this attack stuff for Northmont/Northwynd/Passing Wind must be having a bit if a panic attack.
I wonder if their lawyers are a little pdoff with this unprofessional dribble??

Spark1

Reaction score
All I can say is Wow!! It seems that whoever is writing this attack stuff for Northmont/Northwynd/Passing Wind must be having a bit if a panic attack.
I wonder if their lawyers are a little pdoff with this unprofessional dribble??
First of all we should be very proud of the job Michael Geldert has done. He was the only lawyer firm that would take on these bullies and Norton Rose. I personally talked to Michael after this test case and he was very upset with the outcome. He went home early and i knew he was not going to surrender to these white collar criminals. This case has been going on for more than 3 years now and my question is why. What kind of protection is there for timeshare consumers in Canada,we know none. This should not be allowed in this country. Geldert Law picked a great lawyer group Fasken Martineau Dumoulin partner David Wotherspoon to work with him and Northwynd better worry. We are going to win this appeal and our interest charges are high.

Late2Game

Reaction score
Pictures worth a Thousand Words . . .

Just saw some recent pictures of the Sunchaser properties. . .

WOW!! if that doesn't convince you of the severe mismanagement of the resort then nothing will. It has been many years since I've set eye on the place and all I can say is this property has been seriously neglected. It looks like an abandoned ghost town!

I've followed much of the postings on this BBS, but nothing was as powerful as these recent photos. It really left me with a sinking feeling.

I pity anyone who opted to stay . . .only throwing good money after bad.

owner1

Reaction score
More spin by the spin doctors!

Just saw some recent pictures of the Sunchaser properties. . .

WOW!! if that doesn't convince you of the severe mismanagement of the resort then nothing will. It has been many years since I've set eye on the place and all I can say is this property has been seriously neglected. It looks like an abandoned ghost town!

I've followed much of the postings on this BBS, but nothing was as powerful as these recent photos. It really left me with a sinking feeling.

I pity anyone who opted to stay . . .only throwing good money after bad.

Why don't you post your pictures. I was just there and the resort is as well maintained as ever. There is also no availability for the summer. Maybe a bunch of ghosts are renting. That would be more believable than your supposed pictures.

aden2

Reaction score
I had a friend send me some pictures of Sunchaser @ Fairmont and the place is indeed not busy! Sunchaser has listed the vacation villa on travel companies such as Travelocity in order to try filling the empty units. The prices offered are much cheaper than what Northwynd is charging the timeshare people. Sorry Owner1 but your statement is false!
Your comment is giving yourself away who you are, or whose pocket you are in!

Last edited:

ERW

Reaction score
Don't know where you are getting your info from - checked Travelocity, Interval Getaway and Interval Exchange and couldn't find anything. And honestly, if they actually had empty units I would not blame them for trying to sell them off on Interval or anywhere else. Why let them sit empty during prime vacation seasons?

And I'm not in anyone's pocket - just making an unbiased observation.

I actually have a week of holidays from work over the summer. If I could get a week there, I'd likely go for a week to really see what's going on.

Real World

Reaction score

Why don't you post your pictures. I was just there and the resort is as well maintained as ever. There is also no availability for the summer. Maybe a bunch of ghosts are renting. That would be more believable than your supposed pictures.

owner1 unfortunately there is no chance there will be any pictures posted. Posting pictures would lead to people asking for the date and time they were taken and where.

Reaction score
Ok, I'll be polite and ask you to explain yourself. Why did you reply to aden's comments that were for owner1...as if you were owner1? You even claimed that "And I'm not in anyone's pocket...".

There's really only one explanation, that you're posting with multiple aliases, slipped up and got caught but I'll await your explanation. Assuming there is no explanation, I'm glad there isn't another flame war on here over this, it's implications are pretty obvious.

ERW

Reaction score
Ok, I'll be polite and ask you to explain yourself. Why did you reply to aden's comments that were for owner1...as if you were owner1? You even claimed that "And I'm not in anyone's pocket...".

There's really only one explanation, that you're posting with multiple aliases, slipped up and got caught but I'll await your explanation. Assuming there is no explanation, I'm glad there isn't another flame war on here over this, it's implications are pretty obvious.

Yikes! A little paranoia happening here!

I can assure you, I have no idea who owner1 is and I really don't care who owner1 is. When I comment here, I try to be as unbiased as possible. There are a lot of things said in this string of comments and many are misleading from both sides.

First of all, aden2's comments are, in my opinion, misleading. When I looked at Travelocity, Interval (Getaways and Exchanges) and then Trip Adviser, aden2 is correct in that Sunchaser is listed. But despite trying all of the weeks and several 2 or 3 day periods, there is no availability which tells me they are busy. Maybe I missed some dates but overall there is no availability over the summer months. Can't speak to the pricing as I could not find any prices as no units were available. And even if they are cheaper than what owners are paying, better some revenue than none. That is how corporations think. Secondly, despite there being no availability, if you read the comments people are leaving, they are generally favourable. So, that being said, maybe the resort is not 100% but overall it sounds like most people that commented were positive.

Finally, my comment about not being in anyone's back pocket - that was in reference to aden2's comment to owner1. Throughout this string of comments, there are many accusations about individuals in regards to being execs (or being in their "back pocket") at Northwynd, etc. Most of these accusations are made whenever a comment does not go with the flow of those that are involved with the litigation. Therefore my statement that I am not in anyone's back pocket.

So there is your explanation. Like it or not, it is what it is. I think if you look at my history of comments in this matter, you will see I'm not a staunch Northwynd supporter nor am I a member of the litigation group. I have paid the reno fee as well as my mtce fees. Not 100% willingly but I was not prepared to take the risk of litigation.
Do I agree with the direction Northwynd has gone? No.
Am I sorry I never got involved with the litigation? No.
Am I nervous about what the future will bring for our resort. Definitely yes. But that does not automatically make me want to join the legal action. I have seen far too many court decisions made that do not seem to make sense but that is our legal system. On average, lawyers only win 50% of their cases. There is always a winner and a loser. In my eyes, the risk of losing and having to pay the fees plus interest plus legal costs is too great. That is not something I am prepared to gamble with. Very easy to say even if the case is lost, I am not paying Northwynd a dime but we are not talking about $10.00 or $20.00. We are talking about thousands, if not 10's of thousands and Northwynd is not about to write that off. They want their pound of flesh.

Anyway, I have gone on far too long and gotten off topic, but at least I got that all off my chest!

Long answer to your short question - I am ERW and only ERW. And I imagine owner1 is laughing his/her head off.

aden2

Reaction score
Anytime I have checked companies like Trip Advisor and checked Sunchaser I was requested to phone Sunchaser to discuss availability of dates. Sunchaser wants you to phone them regarding any vacancies. Talking personally to friends that had gone there told me that it is like a ghost town.

Reaction score
Ok, ERW. There's no explaining your quote "And I'm not in anyone's pocket - just making an unbiased observation.", absolutely a direct response.

Have a good one.

Hotpink

Reaction score
Ghost town

In 2014 we stayed at hillside in a unit rented through RCI I refer you to post # 1468. We also stayed in 2015 but rented at Radium as nothing was available at Fairmont and we learned why. Four of the buildings in Hillside where boarded up and not in inventory to rent. The traffic ( foot and automotive) through out the resort was even less than what we saw in 2014, but you can't see ghosts and perhaps they don't drive either.
Bottom line the pictures posted recently corroborate what we have seen since 2014. We could post pictures taken in both 14 and 15 and that would refute OWNER 1's statement from June 23 of this year.
I know that the photos I took are real and are not supposed as is stated in the June 23 post

The resort is in my opinion being systematically shrunk for what purpose I can only guess.

ERW

Reaction score
Ok, ERW. There's no explaining your quote "And I'm not in anyone's pocket - just making an unbiased observation.", absolutely a direct response.

Have a good one.

Evidently there is no reasoning with you so as far as I am concerned, I don't need to justify my existence to you or anyone else for that matter. If you want to continue to think I am "owner1" good on ya. And if you can't see from all of my previous posts in this string that I try to see the situation from both perspectives, that is your problem, not mine. I went above and beyond to explain my position when in actual fact, I didn't have to justify anything to you.

Carry on and believe what you want.

ERW

Reaction score

Have a good one.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to be one of the lawyers involved in this, would you?

Spark1

Reaction score
By the way, you wouldn't happen to be one of the lawyers involved in this, would you?
ERW did you pay the renovation fee after Justice Loo's decision? I feel because of her decision timeshare lease owners panicked. Would 43% pay the cancellation and 27% Pay the renovation if they knew Gildert Law would when the appeal. Once you paid up now you are hoping the rest of us will have to pay. It is to late for this resort. These crooks have screwed every timeshare owner from all the resorts that they owned and would sell them off. They have made millions doing this. They never wanted a resort there,all they wanted is the money then they would bankrupt it which is easy to do in Canada. The bond holders also lost millions. Do you smell a rat.

ERW

Reaction score
ERW did you pay the renovation fee after Justice Loo's decision? I feel because of her decision timeshare lease owners panicked. Would 43% pay the cancellation and 27% Pay the renovation if they knew Gildert Law would when the appeal. Once you paid up now you are hoping the rest of us will have to pay. It is to late for this resort. These crooks have screwed every timeshare owner from all the resorts that they owned and would sell them off. They have made millions doing this. They never wanted a resort there,all they wanted is the money then they would bankrupt it which is easy to do in Canada. The bond holders also lost millions. Do you smell a rat.

No, I paid before Justice Loo's decision.

Last edited: