*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

[2011] Resort Ownershipship Resolutions

Discussion in 'Wyndham Resorts' started by 123wilson, Dec 19, 2011.

1. 123wilson

123wilson Guest

Has anyone in TUG used Resort Ownershipship Resolutions to help you get you out of your debt and trim your points down to a good number you can use and get you a new ID number?

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

I have never heard of one of these companies that was reputable. What terms are they offering you? Is there an upfront fee? That's a big red flag.

In a nutshell, if you still owe money on this timeshare, there is no legal way to get you out of your contract.

I have deleted 3 of your 4 posts on the same topic - please do not continue posting duplicate messages.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  3. rrlongwell

rrlongwell Guest

Did a google check for the name. Could not find it under the name as it appears above.

Did find a hit on American Resort Resolutions and Timeshare Cancellation. The following appeared when the link is clicked on for both hits.

"This page is currently under construction, if you would like information about Timeshare Cancellation, please come back later. If you are the owner of www.AmericanResortResolutions.com please call your webmaster at 561-856-4721!"

Not to promising I would think.

4. simpsontruckdriver

simpsontruckdriver Guest

As always, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is". I relate this to home ownership. There are companies that say they will lower your "underwater", and do this and that to lower your mortgage payments. In reality, you signed for your mortgage, banks will not write off a person's "underwater" balance, it's basically a "slight of hand". Illegal? Maybe. Either way, if you paid $250000 for a home, you owe $250000 plus interest even if your home is now appraised at $125000. The interest is really the only thing that can be changed.
    When you sign for a timeshare mortgage, you have a balance and that is that. If you bought 150000 annual points for $22500 (estimated) and estimated $975 per year MFs (estimated), that's what you will pay, even if the value of that property on eBay is only $100.
    TS

5. ronparise

ronparise TUG Member

Thats not true

Ive worked with several buyers and sellers of "shortsales" successfully. The banks do accept less than they are owed.

I agree that the banks wont work with their own borrower, but I think with timeshares the way to maintain ownership and negotiate out of your debt, is to buy something new on the resale market for cash and not very much of it and give up the first ownership;

Not saying that thats the right thing to do or even possible, But I do think thats what this company is suggesting.

6. timeos2

timeos2 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Lifetime Member

Note that the original "inquiry" was the one and only post by this new user who hasn't logged in since January 1, 2012. May have been an attempt to get this name noticed or to potentially start a "this is a good company" thread. In any case they apparently aren't interested in our replies to the "inquiry".

7. joesnothome

joesnothome Guest

VO and RO are VERY Different companies

[post removed at request of poster]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2012
  8. simpsontruckdriver

simpsontruckdriver Guest

No matter what anyone may post as a company, it's most likely "suspect". It has been posted everywhere, and is 100% true: do NOT pay ANYTHING to ANYONE to take the timeshare. If the company requires MFs to be paid off, the owner can simply pay the timeshare. Same thing with the mortgage, it should be paid off by the owner before heading to this or any PostCard Company. Charging the seller anything before the timeshare is sold is (most likely) a scam. If a company can not make it without charging the seller hundreds, or thousands, of dollars before the sale, they should find another line of business.

TS

9. silent truth

silent truth Guest

The truth

Mike Ferrari was just found guilty of fraud regarding timeshare scams he was involved in. He got 5 years. The reason that is important is he also started American resort resolutions. After he was convicted he switched it out of his name. His brother works there and his father helped him thru his contacts at the Palm Beach County Sheriff's office. His father was in internal affairs. Please dont do business with them or you will regret it. If you want to know more let me know.

:wave:

10. obiwantedj

obiwantedj Guest

What I know about Resort Ownership Resolutions

1. My parent's attorney just sent them a letter demanding a $25k refund for payments made against a bogus contract.

2. ROR's web site lists its head guy who happens to be one of the people arrested as a result of the FBI raid of the VO Group