• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2011] Has anyone worked with HP Consultants or Resort TIme Unlimited?

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just bought from them on Ebay. I have my deed and I was told that it went to the transfer department earlier this week. I guess as with most PCC companies, sellers get screwed and buyers often make out okay.

Just did an internet search for Jean Hamilton and found this.

New ARDA Consumer Advisory Warning for Vacation Services International, Point Rental Liquidators, and HP Consultants
05/11/20123 Comments

Consumer Advisory Alert May 10, 2012

Based on communications with numerous timeshare owners, ARDA cautions consumers on a new scam targeting timeshare owners.

It begins with the timeshare owner receiving a phone call inviting them to attend an "industry" update at a local location—often a Perkins restaurant. The person is met by a representative of Vacation Services International (VSI) who tells the timeshare owner that ARDA has enlisted VSI to assist timeshare owners who have complaints with one or more of the industry exchange companies. While the story varies slightly from owner to owner, VSI will usually offer help or provide "a way out" of timeshare ownership for a fee. The sales pitch at one Wisconsin location was made by an individual claiming to be B.J. Cooke.

At the in-person presentation, the following offers have been made to timeshare owners:

•An offer to allow owners to convert their timeshare for "points" that can be converted into exchange opportunities or even cash. The company that would perform this service is Point Rental Liquidators.

•An offer to purchase a timeshare at Sunset Harbor—a timeshare resort located on Lake Conroe in Texas. An offer was also made to purchase a timeshare in the Fisherman’s Cove Resort, which has yet to be built.

Another timeshare owner attended a sales presentation made by Jean Hamilton of HP Consultants. Hamilton claimed that she works with ARDA as a consultant to "help solve the industry-wide overbooking problem." HP Consultants offered to buy his timeshare and then sell him an $11,995 membership in a club that would give him, his family, and his friends the unlimited use of timeshares forever. Again, ARDA has nothing to do with this company or this salesperson and questions the legitimacy of this offer based on the alleged representations made during the sales presentation.

http://vacation-times.org/1/category/hp consultants/1.html

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
So they are taking their timeshares in exchange for a 12,000 purchase of a worthless travel club, not a liquidation group.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth...

<snip> Just did an internet search for Jean Hamilton and found this.

New ARDA Consumer Advisory Warning for Vacation Services International, Point Rental Liquidators, and HP Consultants
05/11/20123 Comments

Consumer Advisory Alert May 10, 2012

Based on communications with numerous timeshare owners, ARDA cautions consumers on a new scam targeting timeshare owners.

It begins with the timeshare owner receiving a phone call inviting them to attend an "industry" update at a local location—often a Perkins restaurant. The person is met by a representative of Vacation Services International (VSI) who tells the timeshare owner that ARDA has enlisted VSI to assist timeshare owners who have complaints with one or more of the industry exchange companies. While the story varies slightly from owner to owner, VSI will usually offer help or provide "a way out" of timeshare ownership for a fee. The sales pitch at one Wisconsin location was made by an individual claiming to be B.J. Cooke.

At the in-person presentation, the following offers have been made to timeshare owners:

•An offer to allow owners to convert their timeshare for "points" that can be converted into exchange opportunities or even cash. The company that would perform this service is Point Rental Liquidators.

•An offer to purchase a timeshare at Sunset Harbor—a timeshare resort located on Lake Conroe in Texas. An offer was also made to purchase a timeshare in the Fisherman’s Cove Resort, which has yet to be built.

Another timeshare owner attended a sales presentation made by Jean Hamilton of HP Consultants. Hamilton claimed that she works with ARDA as a consultant to "help solve the industry-wide overbooking problem." HP Consultants offered to buy his timeshare and then sell him an $11,995 membership in a club that would give him, his family, and his friends the unlimited use of timeshares forever. Again, ARDA has nothing to do with this company or this salesperson and questions the legitimacy of this offer based on the alleged representations made during the sales presentation.

http://vacation-times.org/1/category/hp consultants/1.html

There is enough first hand input and experience with Jean Hamiliton and / or HP Consultants reported right here in this very thread in the past to know enough to avoid her / them like a communicable disease... :eek:

Last edited:

cwsykes

TUG Member
Reaction score
HP Consultants / Resort Time Unlimited

Problem # 1. Jean Hamilton, who represents HP Consultants visited my home on April 22, 2013 to discuss purchasing our time share. We arranged a 10am appointment but, she arrived at 9:30am and did not leave our home until 8:15pm that evening. Determined to close the sale after me repeatedly telling her that I'm a travel agent and have no need to invest in another travel service. She wanted to know how much I made and insisted that by joining ResortTime Unlimited.com I would be able to make real commissions instead of what I'm currently earning through my travel site. I asked how? She suggested opening a merchant account with a bank to charge my clients directly through the account. That would mean charging them more than they would currently pay on my travel site. I wanted to look at the travel site, but she said that she could show me on paper, as it takes 5-7 business days to activate the account. In reality, she could have shown me her membership site on my computer, but if she had done that, I would have known that it's a site for time share owners, which she knew I had no interest in investing in or paying an annual fee on top of a start up fee. I should have been more persistent and seen through her lies. I have a BA with a minor in marketing and I was completely duped. Imagine the people who are taken advantage of with no recourse. This has to change.

As the day progressed, Jean insisted that I'd be on my way to making real money and went over the purchase fees - $22,495 for the purchase price less $16,000 trade in allowance discount. totalling $6,495 in the net purchase price. I repeatedly said that I couldn't afford to purchase a membership at this time. My husband, who was listening to Jean's sales pitch for a period of time in another room before he left the house, clearly stated that if we sold our time share we would need to see a cash profit, as we are not in a position to buy anything at this time and warned me not to sign anything. We did not have a single credit card that we could charge that amount to and that was the end of it. She wouldn't leave. I clearly explained that we were in the middle of qualifying to refinance our home and I'm in the currently cancelling all unnecessary credit cards. She also knew that we didn't have any heating or air at the time and we needed a new HVAC system and new windows, as well as many other household repairs, well before joining an exclusive destination club. I pointed out the water stains on our ceiling from a leaky roof. She also knew that I just returned from a very hectic week in Mexico on April 20th and I was mentally and physically exhausted. She was relentless. I could not provide the deed to our time share, because I had no idea where it was and was too exhausted to look for it. Also, my husband was not there. The clincher. She said that HP Consultants can provide financing, but it makes more sense to use a credit card, because it has to be approved. And , I could not get enough of hearing about how I'll be on my way to financial success through my new travel business, which turns out to be a members only destination club. I asked who has taken this route. She claimed, "Many of our members have used this service for profit and she'll provide me with contacts to let me know how they've succeeded. She was also willing to help me create a flyer to distribute with travel prices. I would in the meantime compare my travel site to theirs and offer the best prices. She insisted that they have the lowest prices and have a 110% money back guarantee. Once I received my user ID and password, I spent countless hours researching. They do NOT have the lowest prices. "The company also provides consulting." I have not had a single consultation. Jean absolutely convinced me that by joining this club, it will open doors that I never realized were possible. Trust her. She also convinced me that she would write up the preliminary paperwork, but wouldn't proceed without talking with my husband and at that time pick up the time share deed if he agreed to this offer. I stated that I cannot have this charge go on my credit card. Again, she claimed that the credit card charge takes 30 days to process and I'm not responsible to pay for the charges for 45 days, giving me time to refinance and we could also review their payment plan if needed. I was shocked when the charge appeared on my credit card on April 26, four days later and I have no access to their site. Each day I looked for their e-mail that gave me a user ID and password. I phoned Jean and she did not return my call. Ten days passed and I became very edgy, losing sleep and missing my flyer deadline. I contacted the credit card company to dispute the charge. On May 7, 2013 I left another message for Jean to let her know that I'm unhappy with these developments and I'm sending her a letter stating that we cannot proceed with this business proposition. On May 8, I received an activation e-mail from Resort Time Unlimited. On May 9, 2013 Gisele Peiro, CFO, contacted my credit card company in response to the charge back. She said that our client (me) has been activated for access to her online club membership and all other services agreed upon. I looked at the site and they had a disclaimer on how to cancel membership. I copied, but it was encrypted and would not paste. I called HP Consultants wanting to speak with the owner. The owner, Larry Hansen returned my call four days later and after an hour of conversation he said that he would call me back in a couple of days, but never did. He made it very clear to me that he has a staff of full time legal council and even though Jean completely misrepresented herself, it's too late. He has my signature and that's what the judge looks at. He also threatened to sue me for our time share, I said go ahead and try. At the end of the conversation he said that the best he could do for now was for us to keep our timeshare and he'll call me back on Tuesday after he's had time to speak with Jean. As I mentioned, he never called back.

Problem #2. I was in absolute shock when I opened the RTU web site page. The only person I can book travel for on line is for me, the primary member. I could have a secondary member upon their approval. A guest can be added for a one time booking for $49. Does this mean that if I want to book travel for someone, they are charged $49? There is a way for me to book clients on this site at no extra cost. I call their travel agency during business hours and book for them. But, why should I go through this extra step when my clients and I have direct access to my site without a third party being involved. Also, this site has time share written all over it, which Jean and Larry repeatedly said that they weren't a part of. They buy timeshares, not sell them. True. They trade them. Larry slipped in the conversation at one point to talk about his affiliation with RCI, who are no strangers to law suits. We have personally received settlements from them. I said that I didn't want any part of another time share membership or have anything to do with a company that represents RCI. This has been an extremely time consuming and exhausting adventure. The lost sleep alone just last night and spending four hours on the computer to contact you with this information. The lies, the misrepresentation. It needs to go away. I am unable to earn a living as a member of ResortTimeUnlimited.com period. I have no use for this club. It is in fact costing me money, seeing no profit unless I open a merchant account and charge my clients an additional service fee, which I find unethical in my practice to appease RTU and have them earn all of the profits. I repeatedly asked them for training or lead me in the right direction to make this work as a business venture and no one has returned my calls. I have tried everything to make this work. I've looked into seeking investors, organizing group travel, but they don't go to the places I take groups, compare their rates to other sites. They want up front payment to rent a car with a $19 cancellation policy after 24 hours of booking. My travel site doesn't require that. They offer 109 points for making a 3 day car booking, but it takes 43,000 points to actually use points instead of dollars to book the same car rental. It would take years just to earn points for one decent cruise. It's rediciulous. They completely misrepresented their company to me. They should be ashamed of themselves, but clearly they are not. They're way too clever for me.

cwsykes

TUG Member
Reaction score

BEWARE! Stay as far away from them as possible. If they call wanting to buy your time share HANG UP. If they knock on your door, DON"T LET THEM IN:mad:!!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently in the middle of a transaction with HP consultants, (Im buying one of their ebay listings)

so far, I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about doing business with them ( at least from the buyers side)

I have no idea what they would be like if I was a seller

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently in the middle of a transaction with HP consultants, (Im buying one of their ebay listings)

so far, I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about doing business with them ( at least from the buyers side)

I just completed a purchase through them via Ebay. Larry, who I believe is the owner of HP consultants, kept me up to date over the phone and by email. If I had a question, he contacted me both ways. I found him to be extremely efficient and I would be very comfortable buying from him again.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC

Not sure you can really compare both sides of their business.

On one side you have what appears to be high pressure, questionable sales tactics so much so that ARDA had to put an alert at their website. They might be so motivated in selling their "vacation club" that they don't care who they run over in the process.

On the other side you have them trying to sell the timeshares they took in on trade for the vacation club. They are highly motivated to be rid of it and the maintenance fees. You would expect them to be prompt and answer questions only because they benefit in the end.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Problem # 1. Jean Hamilton, who represents HP Consultants visited my home on April 22, 2013 to discuss purchasing our time share. They offer 109 points for making a 3 day car booking, but it takes 43,000 points to actually use points instead of dollars to book the same car rental. It would take years just to earn points for one decent cruise. It's rediciulous. They completely misrepresented their company to me. They should be ashamed of themselves, but clearly they are not. They're way too clever for me.

Not sure you can really compare both sides of their business.

On one side you have what appears to be high pressure, questionable sales tactics so much so that ARDA had to put an alert at their website. They might be so motivated in selling their "vacation club" that they don't care who they run over in the process.

On the other side you have them trying to sell the timeshares they took in on trade for the vacation club. They are highly motivated to be rid of it and the maintenance fees. You would expect them to be prompt and answer questions only because they benefit in the end.

The first quote from the timeshare sellers point of view is the very definition of high pressure. This poor seller fell into a trap (and unfortunately her husband didn't save her but walked out!) and signed on to a "program" that clearly wasn't a good fit for her plans and that they could not afford. Talk about misrepresentation.

The second is correct. Given their need to move what they buy into their approach to buyers appears to be completely different. They know they have to perform and they do. Overall I'd have to say this is a company to avoid unless you are prepared to have problems.

cwsykes

TUG Member
Reaction score

Stay as far away from them as possible. If they call you, hang up. If they knock on your door, run the other way!

cwsykes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Desperate Response from HP Consultants

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I reported HP Consultants and Resort Time Share Unlimited to the Better Business Bureau for their unethical business practices as a direct result to their fabricated responses and replies. This is the latest.

First, I have not made any demands, called them with any threats, and have been wanting out of this contract from the get go. Where do they come up with these false accusations? They are very desperate and are not to be trusted. They will say anything to make a sale and lie in writing, how damaging is that?

It is very apparent by this clients response that she intends to try and ruin our companies business reputation if we do not cave in to her demands for a refund. In fact even after the client had made a verbal agreement with us to keep and use the club ownership she suddenly changed her mind called into our office and threatened us (quote) "If you do not give me an immediate refund I will do everything possible to discredit your company. I never lose and will do and say whatever it takes to make sure I win". In our opinion this is just a form of extortion and we have no intention of being forced into a corner when we have done absolutely nothing wrong. We will honor every word of our contract and we will require from the client that she do the same.

jebright

Reaction score
HP Consultants

I read the previous forums and was about to PayPal a transaction w/ HP Consultants/ Resort Time Unlimited but now I'm not so sure. I'll have to research it some more. Thx for the heads up Tug users. :)

benyu2010

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUGGERs warnings shall be always taken seriously. So, I set up an appointment to meet Larry, owner of HP consultants today before I sign up another deal. I toured the office and had an hour long conversation with Larry...It was my impression they have several lines of business and liquidation of trade-in is only small part of it. My buyer's experience is similar to several quotes.

I just completed a purchase through them via Ebay. Larry, who I believe is the owner of HP consultants, kept me up to date over the phone and by email. If I had a question, he contacted me both ways. I found him to be extremely efficient and I would be very comfortable buying from him again.

I just PayPal a few thousands $$$ to HP consultants. Hopefully, this deal goes as smooth as several completed deals:whoopie:

That being said, I have not been offered its vacation club product, trade-in or meet Jean, so can not comment on the other side of story. Not my cup of tea anyway:cool:

YMMV...

Last edited: