*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 23 years! Join the tens of thousands of other owners here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  3. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

[2011] CJ Timeshares

Discussion in 'Buying, Selling, Renting' started by kdorward, May 23, 2011.

1. kdorward

kdorward TUG Member

Has anyone heard of CJ Timeshares. I am looking for anyone who has bought a timeshare from them. Are they reputablem any complaints? We are looking to buy a Marriott Aurf club unit. The broker is Nick Lucchesi he seemed very nice. We are deciding if we should buy a unit thru them, it seemd very reasonable. Any information would be helpfull.

2. ampaholic

ampaholic TUG Member

Decent enough

I just closed a CJ timeshare a week ago and all went well. I had one minor glitch and they fixed it quickly.

no complaints

3. Egret1986

Egret1986 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I have bought many timeshares through them on and off eBay

I have been very happy purchasing from them. Whenever a problem has arose, it is either quickly resolved or your money refunded. Most times the closing/transfer is the fastest around. Nick is one of the salesmen. Edwin Lugo is a manager of these "sales" folks. If the pricing sounds good and you've done research on this pricing and it still sounds good, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing from these folks (CJ Timeshares is formerly VIN Vacation Innovations Network). They are a PCC company (Postcard company).

4. kdorward

kdorward TUG Member

What is a post card company

5. slip

slip TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Pono Kai, 18 wks: Maui Schooner, 1 wk EOY
    I bought from Nick and CJ Timeshares

I bought my Hawaii week from Nick. Everything went great. Took 7weeks from the auctions end to getting the deed and the resort recognizing me as the owner. I would recommend them highly. Communication was great. They kept me updated throughout the whole process.:clap: :clap:

6. ampaholic

ampaholic TUG Member

To most people “We will make you an offer on your timeshare” means “We will offer to buy your timeshare from you” - but that isn’t what a “postcard company” (PCCs) means.

What a PCC means is you will pay them cash money if you agree to turn over the title to them.

In most cases, you will give the PCC a power of attorney (POA) which they will then use to attemt to sell your Timeshare. If they suceed that is likely the end of it and you are out a few hundreds or thousands of dollars – it's if they fail to sell the timshare the real problems can start.

More than a few "clients" of the PCC's have found out much to their chagrin months or years later that they still own the timeshare and are still liable for the maintenance fees because the PCC didn’t sell it, didn’t transfer the title, didn’t do anything other than collect the "clients" money.

In some other cases the PCC simply deeds the timshare back to the resorts a step the owner could do themselves usually for free or at least a lot less than the PCC charges.

Many PCCs list the timeshare on eBay at rock bottom prices, usually if they fail to sell they simply quit trying and having never actually transferred the title you the client find out the hard way that you still legally own it.

They are named PCC because they used to send out post card's to prospective "clients" - now they send internet spam.

7. FreeIn2010

FreeIn2010 TUG Member

Another thumbs-up for CJ Timeshares...I've purchased two from them this year. No problems at all.

8. ampaholic

ampaholic TUG Member

You can usually buy from a PCC with little issue - most TUGGERs just don't recommend trying to sell with one.

I know that sounds a tad hippicritical since many TUGGERs have bought at least one timeshare on eBay (thus from a PCC) - but such is life. :rolleyes:

9. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

cybernaut303 has no feedback since July 15, 2012, yet all of a sudden shows up selling loads of valuable timeshares under CJ Timeshares storefront. Did they just not use this ID for a while? Can anyone confirm if this is legit?

10. andex

andex TUG Member

Bought 3 through them, great servos IMO!

11. Beefnot

Beefnot TUG Member

Bought 2 from them last year. They are legit and were very efficient with my purchases. I have nothing but positive things to say about them.

12. BJRSanDiego

BJRSanDiego TUG Member

CJ is okay

I bought both of my timeshares from them (I think). The first one was from Laman34 or 43Namel. I think that the 2nd one was Pricelessvacations which is also the same as CJ. I think that these are different names for the same place. On the first one there was a mistake in the posting but they were very honorable in working through it or in letting me cancel (which I didn't do). In both cases it took a slight bit longer than I thought it should, but ultimately we closed and I am happy with both purchases.

What gave me confidence was that their approval rating was VERY high and they sell a high volume of timeshares.

13. benyu2010

benyu2010 TUG Member

Nice tip. Just bidded on one of its 'valuables' and I may pause before bid on others at same time.:ponder:

14. Santanna

Santanna Guest

I also recently purchased from them in late Dec. and a couple of minor issues were resolved quickly. Everything should be completed within the next couple of weeks.

15. nazclk

nazclk TUG Member

CJ Timeshares

Have dealt with them and it's always been pleasurable.

16. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

Just venting here. I didn't get scammed but I recently had a less than desirable negotiation with "cybernaut303"/Edwin at CJ Timeshares. It gave me a bit of a bad taste in my mouth and maybe I am speculating too much on what happened but here is how it went down.

I see a posting for a week I desire and it has a reserve. I ask what the reserve is and he says $5,995 (well over market). I send him some fixed listings on Redweek that are lower but it doesn't matter. He is supposedly representing a seller and wants me to make an offer so I do. He comes back with a counter of $4,500 and I say it would be better to let the auction play out. I later come back and up my offer and he counters with $5k???(higher than previous offer).

The auction ends at $540. He immediately relists the auction with a minimum bid price of $5,500. Low and behold along comes a mysterious bidder who immediately places a bid and then cybernaut303/Edwin ends the auction early. Obviously I am thinking it was a fellow CJ Timeshare bidder and they are trying to fool me into thinking they actually sold it for $5,500. The amount is possible but not very probable. I contact him the next morning to feel him out and he says he sold it last night for $5,500. My thoughts at that moment are that he will suddenly come up with another of the same unit type.

That night he messages me again:

I know that even the honest timeshare salespeople lie for a living so it is not unexpected. It is also possible that it was completely honest that it did sell for $5,500 but my gut tells me otherwise.

17. Beefnot

Beefnot TUG Member

Eh, with negotiation, don't take it personal. Just get up from the table. It's all good.

18. Saintsfanfl

Saintsfanfl TUG Member

I hear you...