• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond Membership

LindaYellen

Reaction score
Post deleted--violates TUG posting rules about being courteous and no personal attacks

Last edited by a moderator:

LindaYellen

Reaction score
So they work with a company thats in the travel industry?
Hmmm perhaps to get better exchange options?
Kind of like how toothpaste works better with a toothbrush...? Hmm how scandalous.
I don't see the problem as long as they give maintenance fees back every year like they have been doing.

Interesting that the poster praising Black Diamond just registered at TUG a day or so ago. :doh:

She thinks we're idiots. What else can I conclude if she expects us to believe that she came to the TUG BBS because she was looking up the phone number of her account manager. Why would TUG have the name of her account manager? Wouldn't there be better places to get that information, such as from her paperwork? Or perhaps by contacting the resort?

But no, she just happened to come here to look up the number of her account manager, and then she just happened to find this thread, and just happened to decide that she needed to post.

The last time I saw a load that big was a couple of days ago when I got stuck behind a full garbage truck making a run to the local landfill.

Googled Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond to get the 1 866 724 5189 number to an account manager from the website www.PuebloBonitoBlackDiamond.com. and this came up. Why are you so angry?

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Why are you so angry?
I don't believe people here are "angry" at all, maybe just a little bit suspicious. There have been many instances before on TUG where a first time poster appears extolling the benefits of a particular company that others have had negative experiences with or that promote benefits that are questionable.

We might suspect that that poster is a shill for the company being discussed. According to Wikieipedia, here's the definition of a shill:

"A shill, plant or stooge is a person who helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for."

Vacationsrfun

Reaction score
There's always one

Normally, there's always one group of people that benefits from these memberships but they are counting on the rest not getting much out of it. That's how they make money. Don't get talked into something that's not for you and if it works for you, great!

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sunset Beach

I too have owned at Sunset Beach since it was built and have nothing but great things to say about it. I usually go twice a year and thoroughly enjoy both weeks, especially during whale migration

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
thoroughly enjoy both weeks, especially during whale migration
Our daughter and son-in-law will be checking into Sunset Beach a week from today. Do you think the whales will still be around?

mjhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Puerto Vallarta
Our daughter and son-in-law will be checking into Sunset Beach a week from today. Do you think the whales will still be around?
We just returned from a week at Sunset Beach and the whales were putting on a daily "show", mostly mornings and late afternoons.
Also, we declined the invitation to "update" and were not approached again. There were no flyers or other information we could see relating to Black Diamond or ICE anywhere on the property. Just gorgeous surroundings and wonderfully positive employees as usual. And we, too, urge caution if offered the option described in this thread.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We just returned from a week at Sunset Beach and the whales were putting on a daily "show", mostly mornings and late afternoons.
Thanks. Hopefully, they'll still be active next week!

LindaYellen

Reaction score

post deleted--this is essentially a duplicate of post #24 in this thread and duplicate posts are not allowed

Last edited by a moderator:

LindaYellen

Reaction score
I don't believe people here are "angry" at all, maybe just a little bit suspicious. There have been many instances before on TUG where a first time poster appears extolling the benefits of a particular company that others have had negative experiences with or that promote benefits that are questionable.

We might suspect that that poster is a shill for the company being discussed. According to Wikieipedia, here's the definition of a shill:

"A shill, plant or stooge is a person who helps a person or organization without disclosing that he or she has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he or she is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) that he or she is secretly working for."

Regarding this post:
"But no, she just happened to come here to look up the number of her account manager, and then she just happened to find this thread, and just happened to decide that she needed to post.

The last time I saw a load that big was a couple of days ago when I got stuck behind a full garbage truck making a run to the local landfill."

:cheer:

There is no doubt these words are angry. Personal attacks on me are uncalled for. I've had enough of your bullying. Maybe you should just ask questions to better inform yourself on programs instead of slashing me for my opinion. I don't know why my opinion offended you so much.

I don't care, everyone needs to grow up and take responsibility for yourself and your decisions not go around talking about if you got burned in the past then ask questions to the person you need to about your suspicions about any program. Its immature to take out your suspicions on an innocent poster.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Black Diamond

They must be reading the boards, as I just received my invitation in the mail yesterday.

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond

After letters to PB, my visa card and the BBB, I was able to get deposit back.
I love the resort. As far as the club, unless you want to deposit your week, there is really no benefit to paying upfront for a vacation you can get for less on Kayak, Hotwire, etc... Not sure on the short notice specials.. If it really is such a great deal, why do they misrepresent and have at least one complaint with BBB weekly

Last edited:

Rovenell

Reaction score
Pueblo Bonito Premiere

After letters to PB, my visa card and the BBB, I was able to get deposit back.
I love the resort. As far as the club, unless you want to deposit your week, there is really no benefit to paying upfront for a vacation you can get for less on Kayak, Hotwire, etc... Not sure on the short notice specials.. If it really is such a great deal, why do they misrepresent and have at least one complaint with BBB weekly

I too have received the Black Diamond letters. We have been Sunset Beach Members for 6 or 7 years. At that time we signed up for P. B. Premier. I think it was included in the timeshare. Is Premier similar to Black Diamond? Their website also shows ICE at the bottom.

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
same

I too have received the Black Diamond letters. We have been Sunset Beach Members for 6 or 7 years. At that time we signed up for P. B. Premier. I think it was included in the timeshare. Is Premier similar to Black Diamond? Their website also shows ICE at the bottom.

it is same as far as i can tell;

New Hope

Reaction score

They are not the same and Premier was also included when we purchased our timeshare at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach.

I spoke at lengths about the difference with the agent and this is what we were told. Being a Premier owner we can deposit our week and only use that week towards a cruise and nothing else. We are not allowed to use that week and go to another destination. We can however take an "extra" vacation by paying the cost of the week.

If we become Black Diamond Members and deposit our week they will credit of our maintenance fee and we can use those funds to go anywhere.

For a fee of $2,499 we would become lifetime members or for $999 we could be Black Diamond members for 5 years. Oh and they would kindly give us 2 extra weeks of vacation, plus 2 four day cruises. If we act now they will give us another $100 credit.

I checked out purchasing an extra vacation at a resort in Punta Cana, same room type, same dates and this is what I found.

Premier Cost - $455
Black Diamond Cost - $418
RCI Cost- $350

Of course, we will not be upgrading as we were also told so many lies when we bought our timeshare many years ago. They will get no more money from us.

jsacks44

TUG Member
Reaction score
PB Black Diamond

Te funds can only be used for Timeshare swaps, not hotel, air or auto; I tell everyone to save money; You can get maintenance fees from Selling your week on Tugs or Ebay

KingOfCabo

Reaction score
Here is link for the written Terms and Conditions to Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond:

http://www.pueblobonitoblackdiamond.com/navigate/terms_program

If anybody is a member, I would like to know if Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos or Rose or Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas do have $99/week specials for last minute travel. Please let me know since I don't have a User Name or Password to that Website.

Clintshare

Reaction score
Pueblo Bonito Premier and other ICE connections

Here is link for the written Terms and Conditions to Pueblo Bonito Black Diamond:

http://www.pueblobonitoblackdiamond.com/navigate/terms_program

If anybody is a member, I would like to know if Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos or Rose or Sunset Beach in Cabo San Lucas do have $99/week specials for last minute travel. Please let me know since I don't have a User Name or Password to that Website.

There were a few 49 dollar and 99 dollar postings out there on ICE (PB Black Diamond, Puebo Bonito Passport, Pueblo Bonito "XX"). Some for Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan and Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. Don't recall PBSB or PBRose, but they might have been there. All short notice stuff, similar to RCI Last Call. Havn't taken ICE up on them. Did check a local to us place in South Carolina coastal at 49 bucks, but ruled it out as substandard.

I have compared Vacations to go.com cruise prices with ICE and Vacationstogo is a bit less on those I checked. No bargains at ICE that I can see so far. Unfortunately my good money I believe is down the drain, or at least circling.:doh:...

If' it's too good to be true it isn't....:(

Clintshare

Reaction score
There were a few 49 dollar and 99 dollar postings out there on ICE (PB Black Diamond, Puebo Bonito Passport, Pueblo Bonito "XX"). Some for Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan and Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. Don't recall PBSB or PBRose, but they might have been there. All short notice stuff, similar to RCI Last Call. Havn't taken ICE up on them. Did check a local to us place in South Carolina coastal at 49 bucks, but ruled it out as substandard.

I have compared Vacations to go.com cruise prices with ICE and Vacationstogo is a bit less on those I checked. No bargains at ICE that I can see so far. Unfortunately my good money I believe is down the drain, or at least circling.:doh:...

If' it's too good to be true it isn't....:(

Well. It's now April and 4 months ahve gone by since my January post. My good money is no longer "circling"the drain. It's down it. Stick with RCI. ICE ain't worth the effort. :mad: