• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2010] MyResortNetwork reseller website OK?

jnbsevy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandos Royal Elite
Vidanta
HawaiiCollection
I was looking through the TUG grading of various timeshare resellers and other associated companies, and came across Holiday Group, which the members give a B+ rating. Holiday group does not resell for individuals, but recommends myresortnetwork dot com.
Has TUG membership got any feedback about this website? $35 for 6 months advertising may not be worth the trouble when we can, as TUG members, put our ad right here. What's the members' thoughts about it?
Thanks to all.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For the best results, you want to put your Ads on several cheap and free websites. I personally use these cheap or free websites to post my Ads:

TUG Timeshare Marketplace - http://tug2.com/timesharemarketplace/
1 year Membership - $15
Ads - free up to 25

www.craigslist.org (free)

www.redweek.com
Membership - $14.99 for 12 months
Timeshare Rental Ads - $24.99/ea for 6 Months
Timeshare Resale Ads - $59.99/ea for 12 Months

I used to use My Resort Network, and it's perfectly safe, but I never rented anything there, so I stop using them. Other people have reported that they were more sucessful than that.

Last edited:

Amy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't needed to use myresortnetwork (or any classified ad) site for a few years, so I can't speak to its effectiveness (traffic-wise) now. However, in past when I have used classified ads, I've posted ads on TUG and myresortnetwork and have sold twice via responses from myresortnetwork and bought once via TUG. So definitely list in multiple places as Denise recommends. I think $35 for a 6 month listing still seems reasonable.

Denise and others like Redweek. However, the only place I have never used to contact a landlord or seller when I have been in the market to rent or purchase a timeshare is Redweek because I refuse to pay a fee in order to contact a potential seller or landlord just to ask questions. There are free sites like TUG or myresortnetwork (from the perspective of someone perusing the ads) that I see no reason why I'd ever need to pay redweek to contact a seller/landlord.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used them in the past and think they are a good option. However, when I sold my last timeshare I only used TUG because I knew my unit was priced to sell. (I was cheaper than ebay since I didn't pile on a bunch of extra fees.)

I have sold three timeshares and the amount I was willing to spend on advertising was related to how much the timeshare was worth. When I sold my Hawaii Marriott and wanted to get maximum exposure since it was a big ticket item, I used myresortnetwork and redweek. When I sold my last timeshare for $250, I only used TUG.

nazclk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ads

In my opinion the free ads don't get very much action, because most people who post on free ads inflate the price because it doesn't cost them anything. The give away ones on TUG are just that because nobody wants them. If you have to pay for an ad you are more reasonable. Redweek and MyResortNetwork are two that I have found get some action.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

Holiday group does not resell for individuals, but recommends myresortnetwork dot com. Has TUG membership got any feedback about this website? $35 for 6 months advertising may not be worth the trouble when we can, as TUG members, put our ad right here.

MyResortNetwork.com, like most any other timeshare related site (including TUG), is comprised of assorted individuals (and some commercial entities) of different intent and varying levels of honesty and integrity.
It is neither fair nor accurate to simplistically characterize any site as being inherently "good" or "bad", since any and every such site is merely a collection of very different individuals (and some commercial entities) with widely varying interests and agendas, all of whom choose to participate (or advertise on) any given site for different reasons.

That said, fwiw, although I generally use the timeshare weeks I own (which is why I own them at all in the first place), MRN has (...for me) very consistently proven to be a good rental site when I have had to rent out owned weeks which I cannot use. I have never once encountered any spammers or scammers on that site (knock on wood). "Tire kickers" are found on any site; TUG is no exception in that particular regard.
On RedWeek, since people have to first pay a minimal "membership" fee to join RedWeek before being able to place (or even respond to) Redweek ads, the volume of "tire kickers" is less there, in my experience...

Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This year so far I've had good success with MyResortNetwork.

The previous two years, I only used free sites for my listings and was pleased with the results and didn't feel the need to pay fees. I had used MyResortNetwork a few years ago and wasn't really that impressed with the traffic. Since I have more to rent and sell this year, I wanted to get more exposure and opted for MyResortNetwork. I have been pleased with things so far. Pricing your timeshares aggresively for sale or rent though is key, and having something in an area where lots of folks want to go during prime season also helps.

I haven't opted for Redweek, since I personally don't like the idea of having to pay a membership fee to look and inquire about listings.

Lynn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have rented out one week using MyResortNetwork so far this year for a reasonable price, and have gotten several inquiries about another week listed there. So far, all inquiries have seemed legitimate - no scammers. This site has worked well for us.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
MRN has scammers. I used an email address that I never used before to list our Maui oceanfront unit, just a few days ago. I purposely used a new email address for this rental, and an hour later, a scammer emailed me to rent my timeshare for me, for a significant fee. Apparently the email addresses are given/ sold to someone.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I used MyResortNetwork a couple years ago to sell my timeshare. I also listed it on Redweek.com. MyResortNetwork was more effective than Redweek as I got much better response from them and that is where my buyer found it. I sold it at my full asking price in just a few weeks. I was very happy with them. I did not get any scammers at all. I got several responses and they were all legitimate buyers.

jnbsevy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandos Royal Elite
Vidanta
HawaiiCollection
Thanks for excellent, experienced advice

Thank you all. We will try to be contributors to TUG as you have all certainly been to us.

byebye

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as MyResortNetwork is concerned I don't know too much about them. But what I can tell you is that I am in the market to buy a particular timeshare and I went to their site. I offered a bid on a property and then received a smart axx reply from the agent. I told her that and said that I would not be purchasing anything from her or her network. She responded in a not to flattering reply. Which leads me to believe that they are not too savvy with customer relations. Whether I bid low or not she should have tried to keep me on the hook since I am a potential buyer and that seller could have sold his unit sooner rather than later.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
As far as MyResortNetwork is concerned I don't know too much about them. But what I can tell you is that I am in the market to buy a particular timeshare and I went to their site. I offered a bid on a property and then received a smart axx reply from the agent. I told her that and said that I would not be purchasing anything from her or her network. She responded in a not to flattering reply. Which leads me to believe that they are not too savvy with customer relations. Whether I bid low or not she should have tried to keep me on the hook since I am a potential buyer and that seller could have sold his unit sooner rather than later.
I read your other post - and you just can't have thin skin about this.

Example - TS asking 20K, you offer 5K - maybe the broker is annoyed.
I am not saying they are right - but it is just how it is sometimes.

What I am trying to say is not to take it personally and continue to offer the amount you want to pay for what you want.
If you REALLY would be happy paying 11K, offer 10K and see what you get, sometimes REALLY low prices annoy people.

I actually try and avoid posts on TUG and MRN and others that have a broker involved, I prefer to deal with the owner directly.
You still use a professional closing company but the owner gets more in their pocket if they sell themselves and are more motivated because of that.
JMHO

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Spiker, the jerk who you dealt with is probably a broker who placed an ad on myresortnetwork.com and has nothing to do with management of the website, so I don't think you can hold this against the website. I agree with GrayFal that you offer whatever you want to pay and if the seller doesn't like it, TS. Most all timeshares are a buyer's market and most of the asking prices are hopelessly overpriced, so I wouldn't let that reply bother you. Myresortnetwork is a good website to buy or sell a timeshare.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
One more time...

As previously stated, any and every timeshare site on the Internet is merely a collection of disparate, completely unrelated participants. Some are individuals interested in the subject, others are commercial entities (with or without manners) looking to make a buck. In any instance, you can't blame the site for the behavior of its various participants; it's neither fair nor logical to do so.

byebye

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the advice. I'm not really that thinned skin but I do get annoyed with salespeople that do take it personally. If I was really upset about this I would have mentioned her name. I'm not upset with MyResortNetwork either. I understand that they are just a clearing house for many of the TS. If I did give a really low bid I could understand an owner getting upset and taking it personally but I used to sell real estate awhile ago and I never could get upset with clients unless I wanted to lose a lot of potential buyers because of word of mouth. So, I will continue to offer bids but I assure you its not under 50% of the asking price -- in many cases its more.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hey Thanks for the advice. I'm not really that thinned skin but I do get annoyed with salespeople that do take it personally. If I was really upset about this I would have mentioned her name. I'm not upset with MyResortNetwork either. I understand that they are just a clearing house for many of the TS. If I did give a really low bid I could understand an owner getting upset and taking it personally but I used to sell real estate awhile ago and I never could get upset with clients unless I wanted to lose a lot of potential buyers because of word of mouth. So, I will continue to offer bids but I assure you its not under 50% of the asking price -- in many cases its more.
Then they should hardly be annoyed....you just were lucky enough to get a 'difficult' (I am being polite here) person - move on, something else will come along. Or as someone else suggested, make the same offer thru another salesperson at the firm. You have nothing to lose.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

I've made a lot of offers that were less than 50% of asking prices and have seen a huge number of timeshares that weren't worth 10% of the asking price.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just read on your other thread that u found someone nice :wave: and bought their timeshare.

Now you can send off a polite but pointed email to the broker who was so rude to you telling them your happy news and that they missed out on their commission by being unpleasant and rude to you.

I love a happy ending!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score

What I am trying to say is not to take it personally and continue to offer the amount you want to pay for what you want.
If you REALLY would be happy paying 11K, offer 10K and see what you get, sometimes REALLY low prices annoy people.

I actually try and avoid posts on TUG and MRN and others that have a broker involved, I prefer to deal with the owner directly.
You still use a professional closing company but the owner gets more in their pocket if they sell themselves and are more motivated because of that.
JMHO

Good points but still not excusable. In this day and age, an offer is an offer. Maybe some education on the market place or encouraging a higher offer would be more appropriate.

My most recent experience with a "low" offer was from a buyer that happened to be a Marriott employee. He wanted to offer $4900 for a 2/2, Annual, Platinum week at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. Not confirmed but I am about 99.9% sure that he did sales at that property and was trying to get a low offer accepted for a buy-back. Or perhaps he was going to flip the property to a client of his. Another interesting note is that the sale had to close by 6/15....hmm, were they after platinum inventory to sell under their new points program?

In any case, I simply told him that I did not want to take up any more of his time and thanked him for considering me for the transaction.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

JMHO

Good points but still not excusable. In this day and age, an offer is an offer. Maybe some education on the market place or encouraging a higher offer would be more appropriate.

My most recent experience with a "low" offer was from a buyer that happened to be a Marriott employee. He wanted to offer $4900 for a 2/2, Annual, Platinum week at Marriott's Ocean Pointe. Not confirmed but I am about 99.9% sure that he did sales at that property and was trying to get a low offer accepted for a buy-back. Or perhaps he was going to flip the property to a client of his. Another interesting note is that the sale had to close by 6/15....hmm, were they after platinum inventory to sell under their new points program?

In any case, I simply told him that I did not want to take up any more of his time and thanked him for considering me for the transaction.

James, just who would we be educating?
I find this statement confusing as you then go on to tell a story about how you didn't bring a low ball offer to your client.
Please clarify your statement.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's important to note for clarification on this discussion that the broker's agency relationship with a client has a direct impact on whether or not an offer must be presented.

If an offer is made on a listing, in almost all cases that offer must be presented to the seller by law. If an open offer is delivered without reference to a listing, then the agent would have the ability to simply decline to assist the buyer.

For example- someone sees an ad I have posted for a Marriott Ocean Pointe listing and calls in to make a $1. offer with seller paying all closing costs. Even if the seller has told me they won't even consider taking less than $10,000- I am still required to contact the seller and inform them of the offer received.

If someone simply calls in and says, "I want to buy a platinum week at Ocean Pointe for $1. and have the seller pay all closing costs.", it would be allowed for me to either try to educate the buyer as to a more reasonable offer range or to simply thank them for the contact but explaint that I don't believe I can help them.

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
With that being said, an agent who doesn't bother to present every offer possible is probably a fool in this market. Even if you know the seller won't accept it, it may be an opportunity to solicit a counter offer and possible price drop from a seller (or several sellers) which can lead to future sales..

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Any recent experiences selling your timeshare on this site?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
By "this" site, do you mean TUG or OP's reference to MyResortNetwork???

Any recent experiences selling your timeshare on this site?

A rhetorical question anyhow, since it's currently just a remarkably "soft" (...at best) resale market.
The individual advertising site, whether it's TUG, MRN, RedWeek, eBay, Bidshares, or Terrific Timmy's Travelling Timeshare Tent doesn't really alter or influence that underlying harsh reality one iota, imnsho...

Last edited: