• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2009] Lodges Timeshare at Horseshoe

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
You better not...

As a Carriage Hills owner, I'm going over to the Horseshoe complex tomorrow to pick up my gold card. Do you want me to throw eggs at the Lodges building?

Ironwood, if you put an egg through a window over there my assessment will go up again.:rofl: Then I'll be over at Carriage Hills Saturday night to rut your lawn.;)

By the way, did you get in any of that cheap golf before they closed the courses for the season?

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ironwood, if you put an egg through a window over there my assessment will go up again.:rofl: Then I'll be over at Carriage Hills Saturday night to rut your lawn.;)

By the way, did you get in any of that cheap golf before they closed the courses for the season?

Maple Leaf...all in jest of course, but I share the pain of Lodges owners with the doubling of mf's. We just paid our mf of $909 on our 2 bedroom lockoff at Carriage Hills, and that fee has doubled in 10 years. As all three time-shares at HSV share the same resort complex, we can only all hope that Skyline follows through with the vision they set out for remaking the whole HSV complex, then it should restore some value to what we have. And, I put my clubs away for the season two weeks ago when we had a dusting of snow up here, but Settlers Ghost which is still open was in full swing yesterday as I drove by because we have had an unseasonably beautiful week.

mariburr

Reaction score
Help? Huge Increase; nearly triple at Horseshoe Valley

New with time shares but anyone else receive or talk to Ellen about the huge increase in maintenace fees; from $40. to nearly $1100. starting Dec. 8.

Isn't there a law that they can't be raised that much at one time?
How many are turning them back in? Do I have any options? Turn it back or pay?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
You may want to check out this site...

New with time shares but anyone else receive or talk to Ellen about the huge increase in maintenace fees; from $40. to nearly $1100. starting Dec. 8.

Isn't there a law that they can't be raised that much at one time?
How many are turning them back in? Do I have any options? Turn it back or pay?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

There is a lot of information here that may help you:

http://lodgesathorseshoe.blogspot.com/

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
General Meeting April 9

Just a reminder to Lodges at Horseshoe owners that a general meeting is coming up, April 9 at 10:00 AM at Horseshoe. We will be voting for two Timeshare Committee seats. If you can't be there to vote, send your proxy with someone you trust.

It will no doubt be an interesting meeting.

JaneNL

Reaction score
Lodges timeshare owners in way of Horseshoe development?

Hi all, by now you have received the notification from Skyline that the maintenance fees for each Horseshoe Lodges week is about 2k.

The company wants to develop on the property. See commercial strategy below, there is also a residential strategy. Looks like Horseshoe is planning to be the next Whistler!

http://www.thebehargroup.com/featur...hoe Valley Commercial Strategy 2010 06 07.pdf

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
JaneNL.....thanks for the link to the Horseshoe Valley commercial development plans. I live about 5 minutes from the resort so it's nice to have an update on their development plans. Any suggestion of the ski resort becoming an international destination is a bit far fetched, as it's vertical is about 5000 ft short of Whistler/Blackcomb...but I made a few turns on the hill one afternoon last week and it's ok for a backyard outing.

Just realized this link is to the May'10 plans....thought it looked familiar. Not much has happened since, so it will be interesting to see if they get going with these plans as spring arrives.

Last edited:

CSB

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter and I went for a late ski trip to end the season last week. I noticed that on my receipt for purchases was an extra tax item. I asked about it and was informed that it was a Skyline charge to cover some of the cost of their new development plans.

I suppose it is a good way of raising funds and it was a small percentage charge but it may annoy some of the visitors to Horseshoe. I was happy to pay in that instance if it will help fund things that bring extra value to my vacation ownership at Carriage Hills. I am very impressed with the staff at Horseshoe in the ski lodge. They have always been very obliging whether it is to fix a ski, answer questions, or get a glove that was dropped from the ski lift into out-of-bounds area. Last week the girl at the lift ticket counter told me that I could get discount tickets any time from Costco. (I was using a groupon kind of discount voucher). She probably should not have done that.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag

JaneNL

Reaction score
Frog in a slow pot

Thanks for posting the article.

It seems very clear that Skyline has made a very aggressive move to eliminate the timeshare owners to make way for development. Check out the Web, Lodges units can be found all over the place for rental rates at approx. $600 per week. Sounds like that's the strategy, to keep some cash flow going until development can start making more.

Fact is, the company could have left the maintenance fees at a more reasonable level, with the rest to operating costs coming in from rentals. This situation is not a surprise to them, and is certainly part of a grand plan.

For those considering paying, what will happen next year when there are even less owners - are you willing to pay $3,000 per week? Don't be a frog in a slow boil...

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
The End

I received a communication from the Lodges timeshare committee. It looks like 2011 will be the last year for the Lodges as a timeshare. I'll enjoy my summer week and then it's done.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
"The TSC did a pro-forma budget for 2012 and estimated that each of the 334 Lodges intervals in good standing would owe $5,752.45 for 2012 fees"....from the Lodges blog. This isn't my timeshare, but the Carriage Hills/Ridge group share the same complex, so I follow the Lodges trials and tribulations as best I can....and is this where this is headed? A demand for $5,700 or something like that in mf for 2012? I've not heard of anything as outrageous in nearly 4 years on TUG! Clearly the new developer wants the Lodges owners out. Whatever grandiose plans Skyline has for the complex, I've not seen much in the way of improvements so far this spring....it looks like it's just property maintance and that's all.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Something is in the Works

"The TSC did a pro-forma budget for 2012 and estimated that each of the 334 Lodges intervals in good standing would owe $5,752.45 for 2012 fees"....from the Lodges blog. This isn't my timeshare, but the Carriage Hills/Ridge group share the same complex, so I follow the Lodges trials and tribulations as best I can....and is this where this is headed? A demand for $5,700 or something like that in mf for 2012? I've not heard of anything as outrageous in nearly 4 years on TUG! Clearly the new developer wants the Lodges owners out. Whatever grandiose plans Skyline has for the complex, I've not seen much in the way of improvements so far this spring....it looks like it's just property maintance and that's all.

Some development effort must be in the works at Horseshoe because because they are registering interested buyers for ski-in, ski-out resort homes at Horseshoe Resort Village. Prices start at $199,900.

http://horseshoevillage.com/index.html

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maple Leaf...there has been some talk of the new Horseshoe Village subdivision, but it is clearly in pre-construction stages as there is nothing visible yet. Here is a link to a little buzz about what is going on. Their site talks about ski in/out residences...which seems a stretch if I think where this development will be. Nonetheless, for those who live up here, it's great news to hear of Skyline's plans to redevelop the entire resort. Now, if the Lodges owners come out of all this relatively whole, that would be encouraging as we Carriage Hill/Ridge owners could find ourselves similarly squeezed one day!

http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/horseshoe-village

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Lodges in the News

It looks like Lodges owners are in the news again. Nothing much new IMO. It still looks like this year will be our last.

I find the blogger's comment interesting that a five-storey abandoned building could be a monument to Ontario timesharing.

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Showdown at Horseshoe on Saturday

Just a reminder that an owners meeting is scheduled for Saturday, September 24 at 11:00 a.m. at Horseshoe in the Fairway Room. If you own at the Lodges you will want to be there.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Any updates? Did anyone attend the owners meeting?

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Last edited:

Harmina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will any of what is going on between Horseshoe & Skyline have effect on the Carriage Hills & Carriage Ridge resorts?

Maple_Leaf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Legal Cover?

Why is Horseshoe selling the Lodges TS units again? I thought they were actively squeezing all you Lodges owners out! And by the way, the colours are in full splendor up here this week.

http://horseshoeresort.com/site/contact/lodges-timeshare.html

As a former owner, I stepped away from that circus, so the following is pure speculation. I suspect their legal team has encouraged Skyline to demonstrate best efforts in marketing Lodges units.