• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Timeshare sale through MGM Universal Timeshare

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm sure they mean what they say -- "we guarantee to use all our resources." What they don't say is that such a promise is worthless, since their "resources" don't amount to a pile of poop. For some reason, mysterious buyers will suddenly disappear, and they'll say, "Well, we tried." Total BS.

If TUG can save one person from such grifters, it has proven its "weight" in gold.

No, no, no!!! That's a total misrepresentation of what they do.

What they guarantee is that they will use all of their race horses to try to sell your timeshare. That's how they determine selling price - they ask the horse and they count $1000 for each time Nelly paws the ground with her hoof.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Straight From The Horse's Mouth, The Odds Are Against Getting A Sale.

What they guarantee is that they will use all of their race horses to try to sell your timeshare.
38565-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Grinning-Brown-Horse-With-Orange-Eyes.jpg

-- hotlinked --

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

abbyz

TUG Member
Reaction score
MGMUniversal

thank all of you for posting about this, I just got a call and while it sounds tempting of course, the legal fee made me think it is scammy. So for now I will hold onto this Wyndham every other year.

flexonguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow

It's fun to see one of those businesses show up on the block as a satisfied customer and claim good for them self and think we will buy it.:cool:

DisneyDad

Reaction score
Still kicking

Just wanted to let you know that these critters are still alive and kicking.

Got a call from a Daniel Rodriguez asking if I wanted to sell my timeshare. They wanted to verify (of course they already had the info) how many points I owned. He got off the phone and came back and told me I could get $28K and change for it. Wow! Pretty good considering when Wyndham was trying to get me to upgrade at Bonnet Creek (on Disney property) they only offered me $17K for what I had. Well heck, sign me up!

He went away to "do the paperwork" and I just laughed. I mean, without even looking it up, this had the earmarks of a scam. Come on, offering me more than its worth - makes me look past the fine print. Where do I sign?

I didn't even let him get to asking me for the money. Told him I needed to talk it over with my wife. I got his phone number though, so if anyone wants to call and offer him a great deal on a bridge or maybe that deal earlier where they can make 14K on it, let me know and I'll forward it on!

Hai

:rofl:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
..delete..

Last edited:

lele32

Reaction score
Timeshare Scam!

Just wanted to add to the conversations regardinng the MGM Universal Co.

I certainly hope the original poster did not believe all their smooth talk! She never did post as to whether or not she decided to list her timeshare with them. I just found this website that should answer any and all questions about this compay: .
http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/MGM-Universal-Timeshare-13041288

This site states in no uncertain terms that it is money lost.

They contacted me a couple days ago so they are still at it. They told me my pts were worth $32,000-$38,000. Or they would rent it for me at $2500 All they needed to get it started was $1798.00. Wow what a deal eh?
My husband was listening in on the conversation & we both agreed this salesman...Mark Gardner.... was very convincing..very smooth. Couldn't talk him into deducting the $1798 from the sale. Told him I wasn't about to give him that kind of money up front & finally got rid of him by asking him to mail the contract to me. Then yesterday, I finally had to flat out tell him I wasn't interested. Within 10 min I had another call from someone else in the so called Co. & had to tell her I wasn't interested & please don't bother me again & hung up. Whew! They're hard to get rid of & pretty insistant.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/telemarketing-companies/mgm-universal-
timesh/mgm-universal-timeshares-too-m-4e7df.htm

The above site is the "Ripoff Report". Very Useful also.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

ant1010

Reaction score
I am a first-timer and was a bit weary of all the bashing of timeshare advocate group. But lele32 mentioned the name of Mark Gardner for MGMuniversal. Is it a coincidence that I also spoke with a Mark Gardner from Timeshare advocate group? I am now fully convinced and will NOT pay any UPFRONT fees to try and cancel my timeshare.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score