• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Successful cancellation of Westgate purchase

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And there is no law enforcement discount. They would say that to a plumber too.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
And there is no law enforcement discount. They would say that to a plumber too.

Don't forget the ex-con discount either.:rofl:

luvtravellin

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, the law enforcement discount was a bs. So I should be ok having my cancellation letter not notarized?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, no...

You don't need to have it notarized. That will just cost you money.

Most local banks (....around here, anyhow) have someone on site during their hours of operation who can notarize documents for their customers at no cost.

That observation aside, there is simply no reason (or any potential benefit) to ever bother to get a rescission letter signature notarized; it's a waste of time.

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chase won't notarize anything but their own documents -

luvtravellin

Reaction score
:wave:Thanks guys.I sent the rescission letter without notary the other day and today I got USPS text saying it was delivered and signed by initial and last name. So Im waiting for the next step which is waiting, right? Reading related threads said DO NOT answer the phone, of which I will do. Anybody knew what to expect next? Are they gonna send me a confirmation letter stating that my contract has been rescinded?
EVE

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
:wave:Thanks guys.I sent the rescission letter without notary the other day and today I got USPS text saying it was delivered and signed by initial and last name. So Im waiting for the next step which is waiting, right? Reading related threads said DO NOT answer the phone, of which I will do. Anybody knew what to expect next? Are they gonna send me a confirmation letter stating that my contract has been rescinded?
EVE

Congratulations! And Welcome! There is no obligation for them to notify you, but it is the law that they MUST process the rescission. You'll know they are working on it when you start getting calls from them trying to get you to change your mind or telling you that you didn't cross a T or dot an I. It's all BS. Best that you don't answer the calls, but it seems like you're pretty well inoculated from their tricks.

Jim

luvtravellin

Reaction score
Congratulations! And Welcome! There is no obligation for them to notify you, but it is the law that they MUST process the rescission. You'll know they are working on it when you start getting calls from them trying to get you to change your mind or telling you that you didn't cross a T or dot an I. It's all BS. Best that you don't answer the calls, but it seems like you're pretty well inoculated from their tricks.

Jim

Words be spread that this site and you guys are awesome!!:clap: I dont even know if u get paid for helping people here. Thanks again and I will update on the turn out of my predicament.
Eve

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont even know if u get paid for helping people here.
Eve

Nope. We just do it because we like our little 'hobby', OK, obsession, of taking luxurious timeshare vacations to wonderful locations on the cheap- and helping others do the same.

But if you do decide to get into timesharing via a nice resale, and want to do some exchanging, nobody will turn down the $15 a year it takes to join TUG, support thee site, and get access to the reviews of thousands of resorts worldwide where you might want to go.

Jom

luvtravellin

Reaction score
But if you do decide to get into timesharing via a nice resale, and want to do some exchanging, nobody will turn down the $15 a year it takes to join TUG, support thee site, and get access to the reviews of thousands of resorts worldwide where you might want to go.

Jom

Yap! I checked on that too! Once Im over with this WG TS stress, I will look onto that. This is a credible site for resale and rent. Im really glad I found this site! Til my mistake with WG, I never knew a site like this existed! I hope admin will keep this site simple, clean and honest. Kudos to all of u!
Eve

Last edited:

Jeannette.2@

Reaction score
Cancel westgate

I bought this on June 27,2014. A few days after called the closing officer and the sales rep to cancel. They gave me the run around. And did not wanted to provide me with the address to send the rescission letter. I found the address on a forum. On July 07,2014 the closing officer call me to tell me that I only had 5 days to cancel. On July 8 I send the letter as a express mail via usps. The rescinding department left me a voice mail saying that I was too late I only had 10 days. I called back the department and a rep. Told me that the information that I needed was on the contract. Which we went over it and I only have the warranty in dee signed only by me. I does not stay how many days I have to cancel or the address to send the rescission letter. I called headquarters and Ms. Gayle Anderson told me that she would call me on Friday, July 18 2014. I read so many blogs and all do them suggested to STOP PAYING and keep sending letters until they take the property back and if they send it to collection not to pay because it would not affect your credit but I don't know what to do.
Any advice

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westgate are weasels, and will do everything possible to make it difficult or impossible to exercise your rescission right. Including hiding the instructions, address, telling you that you havee less time than the law allows, telling you that your reason is not good enough etc, etc.

You don't say how long the 'few days' after signing the contract was, or what state you signed the contract in (we assume Florida), but in any case, it appears you are beyond the legally required rescission period. This means Wastegate can hold you to your contract. Any rescission after the 10 days would be in their 'good will', and they've shown repeatedly that they have none. I suppose that if you has a transcript or recording of the 'runaround' conversation, with the name of the agent, and it occurred during the allowed period, a lawyer could show that your intention was timely and that your intention was clearly to rescind, but that would be a VERY long shot. They would show the hidden pocket in the fancy binder you got, where the instructions are, and correctly say you had them all along.

Those people have no honor.

I am not saying you can't win, but you are facing clever and ruthless weasels. It will not be easy, and may cost you more than just learning to use what you bought. Westgate has nice resorts, and many people entered into ownership there just like you did.

Best wishes, and Welcome to TUG. I only wish it was a couple of weeks ago. The news would have been better.

Jim

Jeannette.2@

Reaction score
I meant Jan 2nd. I went to the post office yesterday but I was too late! So that is why I'm going tomorrow.

I owned westgate. I bought this on June 27,2014 at westgate resorts Orlando . A few days after called the closing officer and the sales rep to cancel. They gave me the run around. And did not wanted to provide me with the address to send the rescission letter. I found the address on a forum. On July 07,2014 the closing officer call me to tell me that I only had 5 days to cancel. On July 8 I send the letter as a express mail via usps. The rescinding department left me a voice mail saying that I was too late I only had 10 days. I called back the department and a rep. Told me that the information that I needed was on the contract. Which we went over it and I only have the warranty in dee signed only by me. I does not stay how many days I have to cancel or the address to send the rescission letter. I called headquarters and Ms. Gayle Anderson told me that she would call me on Friday, July 18 2014. On July 18 I receive a call from Gaile Anderson saying that they would cancel and I would get a refund of all my deposit.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hope and pray...

I bought this on June 27,2014 ..... <snip> ..... On July 8 I send the letter as a express mail via usps.

I sincerely hope, for your sake, that the phone call that you later reported having received (post #239 directly above) from "Gail Anderson" was both legitimate and truthful when "Ms. Anderson" reportedly indicated to you that you would receive a full refund and a contract cancellation. I'm dubious however, simply because...

By my math, if you signed a contract on June 27 and your rescisssion letter was not later postmarked until July 8, that's longer than 10 days and therefore seemingly "too late" to rescind a purchase in any state anywhere in the U.S. except Alaska (which allows 15 days --- but I'm betting that you didn't buy in Alaska). :shrug:
It would be highly unusual for Westgate to accept and process a rescission postmarked after the state law deadline has passed, since they are not obligated to do so.

Please follow up here later and let us know whether this highly questionable "telephone call promise" of a refund and contract cancellation actually turns out to be true.
Westgate sales people are certainly not known around here (...or anywhere else, for that matter) for being honest and / or truthful --- hence the expressed doubt.

Last edited:

denyel

Reaction score
Canceling West Gate after 10 days

Hello everyone!

I made the same mistake of everyone had done in buying a WG timeshare!!!

The problem is: I bought the timeshare in May-2014, and now I can see how newbie I am. I need an advice about what can I do in this situation.

I think I cannot cancel anymore, right? (I am over the 10 first days)
What can I do? If I just stop to pay, what can happen with me? (PS: I'm from Brazil. I'm worried about what can happen if I stop to pay and go to USA again)

I guess a lot of people have this problem. Please..HELP!!!

Thank you!!!

Daniel from Brazil

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What can I do? If I just stop to pay, what can happen with me? (PS: I'm from Brazil. I'm worried about what can happen if I stop to pay and go to USA again

How much have you put down and how much is left owing on the mortgage? Rather than just stop paying, you might want to contact the resort or corporate headquarters and let them know that you intend to stop paying, then they might work out a solution for you and them.

As for re-entering the USA, I highly doubt you will be detained by US customs for not paying a debt in the USA.

Pocoyo

Reaction score
Westgate Vacation Villas need to Cancel... Help!!

Hi DeniseM and all the people that can help me:
I been reading all the post and my family and I were in Orlando the past August 7, 2014 and have made the same mistake as all the pepole we were convinced and purchased a 2/2 villa in Westgate Vacation Villas XVII a Time Share Resort, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Road, Kissimmee Florida 34747. After we came back from our trip I star doing some research and we have change our decision and not buy and because we are in the 10 days period of rescission i am going to act very quickly and send the letter. Reading all the post I have some questions I hope you can help me:

1. Are these the address of the 3 letter that I need to send?
Westgate Vacation Villas LLC; 2801 OLD WINTER GARDEN ROADOCOEE, FLORIDA 34761
Westagate Vacation Villas XVII a Time Share Resort, 2770 Old Lake Wilson Road, Kissimmee Florida 34747.
Westgate Vacation Villas XVII, 7700 Westgate Blvd Kissimmee, Fl 34747

2. The rescission letter needs to be notarized?

3. On the contract is on my father my mother and I, they live in Colombia and I live in South Florida but all the papers and contract are showing their address and phone# in Colombia. Therefore i am thinking that the letter from them canclling the contract will be sent to Colombia but I want to get a copy so should I put my address in USA on the letter and asking for a copy? or should we wait they will be back to Colombia in tree weeks.

4. Should I send with the rescission letter the two folders and the identification cards all at the same time via USPS certified mail?.

Please let me know if you have another advise in order to be successful in this process.

Thank you in advance.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
2. The rescission letter needs to be notarized?

Please let me know if you have another advise in order to be successful in this process.

Thank you in advance.

NO, it does not have to be notarized. Just follow the instructions very carefully and closely.

The other advice I (and many other TUGgers) would give, besides getting on this rescission ASAP, is to not take any phone calls from Florida. Once the sales people find out you have sent in your rescission letter, someone will likely phone you to try to talk you out of rescinding.

You experienced how slick, smooth, and convincing they are. They will be just as bad on the phone.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following is official address per posts here:

Westgate Resorts, Corporate Headquarters
2801 Old Winter Garden Road
Ocoee, FL 34761

Keep in mind all parties must sign rescission letter.

Presumably they will send mail to address of record so do ask for copies to you although will probably take about 45 days.

Notarization is not required, all signers original signatures are

As I recall Westgate charges you $50 if do not return materials.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Ocoee Fl. Address is correct.

Pocoyo

Reaction score
Following is official address per posts here:

Westgate Resorts, Corporate Headquarters
2801 Old Winter Garden Road
Ocoee, FL 34761

Keep in mind all parties must sign rescission letter.

Presumably they will send mail to address of record so do ask for copies to you although will probably take about 45 days.

Notarization is not required, all signers original signatures are

As I recall Westgate charges you $50 if do not return materials.
Thank you Paco,
I am going to send a copy of this letter and a copy of the warranty deed to the Osceola County with the parcel identification let them know that is process is going to be cancel. Do you think this will be helpful?.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Paco,
I am going to send a copy of this letter and a copy of the warranty deed to the Osceola County with the parcel identification let them know that is process is going to be cancel. Do you think this will be helpful?.

Unnecessary. The rescission letter to Wastegate is enough.

ohno

Reaction score
Westgate TimeShare Cancellatoin

My husband and I got sucked into this big scam vortex also! Like most others, we made this now questionable purchase just yesterday (Aug 11, 2014). Fortuntately when we got home last night, my husband starting doing some research on the internet and we both went to bed feeling rather sick. After finding this site, I felt like there was hope for us. Sure enough we had to look for the hidden paperwork in an envelope behind a velcro panel in the binder. And once found, we looked at several forms that neither of us recall seeing, much less signing. So we seriously think they had us sign some forms and then somehow superimposed (maybe with the help of the blue pen they insisted we use?) our signatures on others they didn't want us to see. Well with the information provided by others on this site, we wrote our recission letter, got it notarized then put it in the box with the binder and sent it overnight priority certified USPS mail. By 3pm tomorrow (Aug 13, 2014), they will have received our notice. I am still feeling a little weak-kneed that we almost gave up a big chunk of retirement money to this unethical company. I pray this will be over soon and we get our refund.

Thanks everyone for you help!!!

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are doing great here: 2-4 rescissions a week. Hope can get up to one a day.:D

Thinking out loud, if Westgate victims complained to aggressive Florida AG about putting rescission info on CD or hiding in secret compartment she might act. Clearly this egregious, outrageous, Corporate sanctioned action violates intent and tends to negate and circumvent rescission statutes. :mad: