• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Southcape Resort

Sou13

Reaction score
Problems with links to TUG

"I am no longer posting to TUG now that we have our own publicly-accessible links as one of the many benefits of forming a southcapeowners Yahoogroup" should have read "I am no longer posting minutes to TUG now that we have our own publicly-accessible links as one of the many benefits of forming a southcapeowners Yahoogroup":eek: !

It's just as well that I'm no longer posting the minutes on TUG in order to create links for the Southcape Archives. Today I'm getting the following message when clicking on the TUG links:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/tugbbsc/public_html/forums/includes/cron/session.php
Line: 31

Let's hope this problem can be resolved by the TUG webmaster so that I don't have to redo all the work I've put into making these archives available to the public.

BTW the links work when I'm logged in, but that doesn't help the general public who haven't registered.

Sou13

Reaction score
Merry Christmas from Festiva

Instead of a greeting card, my mailbox yesterday contained a plain, 2-window envelope with the notification "Invoice Enclosed" between the windows. It was mailed presorted first class, origin unknown. The origin showing in the window was "Festiva Management Group" on the top line and "Southcape Resort" on the second line, which alerted me to the importance of this invoice, which of course was my 2012 maintenance fee bill, mailed Dec. 9, 2011 and due by or before Jan. 1, 2012! Yesterday was Dec. 15, giving me just two weeks to come up with my MF for 2012.

The contents of this mailing contained, instead of an explanation for the increase over 2011 or any news whatsoever about what's been going on at Southcape, a blank return envelope (First class postage required) and two inserts promoting services of Festiva Travel Services, and a copy of the 2012 Southcape Budget.

I'm posting this today in order to alert any Southcape Resort interval owners who are looking for a place to air their grievances that we now have a Yahoogroup open to anyone who owns or has owned a timeshare at Southcape Resort. I'm posting a link to the 2010 Financial Reports that were handed out at the May 2011 owners meeting: http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/41573436/711388749/name/May_2011_Owners_Meeting.docx

If you are unable to open the link, please email me if you are a registered TUG user or click on the link to the Southcape Archives in my signature below.

Happy Holidays!

Sou13

Reaction score
Back from a week at Southcape

Returning from a relaxing week at Southcape, I'm happy to report that it was time well spent. The accommodations were clean and well maintained, the bed was comfortable (Sealy Posturepedic Dynasty CSS Plush mattress and box spring), the staff was friendly and professional, the pool was warm and inviting, and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

If you ever have the option of requesting Unit 28, you may appreciate my recommendation. It's a loft unit (sleeps 8), close to the clubhouse, with fireplace and washer/dryer in the unit.

Here's the link to the website: http://southcaperesort.com/

engelesq

Reaction score
It's Winter, Isn't It?

It's not exactly prime season to be at the Cape, so 1/3 to 1/2 is not surprisingly few occupied units.

Sou13

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about the advisory group?

When I was at Southcape in February, Rosaleen told me that an advisory group had been selected and that we should be getting a letter soon. More than a month has gone by and I've had nothing from Southcape or Festive in my mailbox. Has anyone heard anything? What's going on?

Sou13

Reaction score
One week remaining

Not a word.

According to my calendar, if ithe annual meeting is supposed to be the Saturday AFTER Mother's Day, there's still one remaining week to be looking for a letter from either Southcape or Festiva (see the link to the Southcape Master Deed in my signature below).

But since the Master Deed for Condo I has never been amended, who knows when the meeting is supposed to take place?

Sou13

Reaction score
Stop & Shop gas rewards points

On the way to the annual owners meeting I was happy to see that what had been "Johnny's Tune & Lube" on Route 28 North (between the Mashpee rotary and Southcape Resort) is now Stop & Shop gasoline. How convenient for those of us who drive to Southcape!

Sou13

Reaction score
2012 owners meeting minutes

If you are a Southcape owner who isn't getting email from me, and you were not at the owners meeting in May, you may not be aware that you have to call the resort (401-477-4700) to be put on the list to receive a copy of the meeting minutes. You can also request a copy of the financial report which will most likely not be included with the minutes.

Sou13

Reaction score
Southcape owners Yahoogroup

Thanks to TUG, Southcape owners now have a Yahoogroup to be in touch with other owners. This can prove to be important as Festiva acquires an ever-greater share of the timeshare weeks. Please click on the Southcape archives link below to see what the group has to offer.

Yesterday I received a presorted first-class mail from Festiva which was marked "Invoice Enclosed" and contained more than an invoice. Enclosed also were a letter from our Resort Manager and a copy of the 2013 Budget. This is a marked improvement over the first year when it was more important to include a Festiva brochure than to keep us informed of what's been going on at Southcape!

If you are not an owner and are wondering whether to buy or rent a week at Southcape, check us out!

Sou13

Reaction score
Escape to the Cape

February school vacation is a good time to relax with the kids at Southcape Resort. I'm back from a quiet week there with fond memories and no regrets.
There's plenty to do on Cape Cod during the off-season and Units 1-31 have fireplaces and washers and dryers in every unit, while Units 32-55 have jacuzzis. All units have Wi-Fi and DVD players in addition to two cable TVs. If you don't have kids in school it's not too late to escape to the Cape for a relaxing week in Mashpee, MA!

Sou13

Reaction score
2013 Owners meeting minutes

The April 27, 2013 owners meeting minutes have finally been mailed to Southcape owners who requested a copy. If you haven't requested a copy or received your copy by now, please contact rcassidy@festiva.travel and please let me know if your email is returned undeliverable, or try calling the resort @ 508-477-4700.

I am no longer posting these minutes to this discussion. They will be uploaded to the files of the southcapeowners Yahoogroup instead.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Thanks for keeping TUG informed. Do you feel like you are getting anywhere with the fight? Do you think Festiva management is beginning to give in a little?

Sou13

Reaction score
Thanks for keeping TUG informed. Do you feel like you are getting anywhere with the fight? Do you think Festiva management is beginning to give in a little?

Not only is the management not giving in, the squeeze is on to convince weeks owners to convert to the FAC. The latest tactic is to invite owners to a delicious dinner in their area, only to ruin their enjoyment of the meal by having them sequestered to a table facing a salesperson who's supposed to be their personal rep IF they can be convinced to convert their weeks to Festiva points, and buy enough points to qualify for a personal rep.

Sou13

Reaction score
2014 Owners Association Meeting Saturday May 17, 12 noon

In case you've forgotten, you were notified of this meeting date in the letter accompanying your 2014 MF bill.

If you've attended a meeting since Festiva took over Southcape Resort you know that you want to arrive early and stop by the clubhouse for whatever is provided for brunch or lunch.

I hope to see you there!

Sou13

Reaction score
2014 owners meeting

In case you've forgotten, you were notified of this meeting date in the letter accompanying your 2014 MF bill.

If you've attended a meeting since Festiva took over Southcape Resort you know that you want to arrive early and stop by the clubhouse for whatever is provided for brunch or lunch.

I hope to see you there!

For a copy of the 2013 owners meeting minutes when they are available email rcassidy@festiva.travel.

For the financial report given to owners who attended the meeting you are encouraged to join the southcapeowners Yahoogroup if you are an owner who was unable to attend the meeting. Please contact me for info on how you can become a member of the Yahoogroup.

You can also request these reports when spending your week at Southcape.

Last edited:

Sou13

Reaction score
For a copy of the 2013 owners meeting minutes when they are available email rcassidy@festiva.travel.

For the financial report given to owners who attended the meeting you are encouraged to join the southcapeowners Yahoogroup if you are an owner who was unable to attend the meeting. Please contact me for info on how you can become a member of the Yahoogroup.

You can also request these reports when spending your week at Southcape.

I've learned that Rosaleen Cassidy has a new email address. I'ts rcassidy@pattonhospitality.com. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sou13

Reaction score
Surprise meeting notice from Rosaleen

Wow! Did you get the very important surprise meeting notice from Rosaleen? Open ASAP!

It's not a bill, it's a notice of the annual HOA meeting which will be taking place April 25 instead of the Saturday after Mothers Day. What's most surprising about is the list of HOA weeks being offered for sale to owners.

If you are a Southcape Resort owner who also posts to TUG please reply. Thanks.

Sou13

Reaction score
It's not a bill, it's a notice of the annual HOA meeting which will be taking place April 25 instead of the Saturday after Mothers Day. What's most surprising about is the list of HOA weeks being offered for sale to owners.

If you are a Southcape Resort owner who also posts to TUG please reply. Thanks.

I'm staying at Southcape until Saturday 10 a.m. and can be reached at 508-477-4700x127 until checkout.