• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] New Construction at Cypress Pointe

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I. I. Designation For Phase Two.

CYO and CYN in II's Resort Directory both represent Cypress Pointe Resort and the suites assigned under either code are identical. The difference between the codes is the entity through which they were deposited to II.
What abbreviation(s) does I-I use for the Grandevillas ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
More II codes

What abbreviation(s) does I-I use for the Grandevillas ?

For Cypress Pointe Grande Villas, Phase 2, the II codes are CYI & CYX.

Dublin 4

Reaction score
Wonderful week at Cypress Pointe 1

Just returned from Florida and had a wonderful stay at Cypress Pointe.
We have been coming to Orlando for 17 years and every year have stayed in a timeshare resort through RCI.
CP is by far the best we have visited and really cannot understand how it is rated only silver crown.
Congratulations to all the management team. This quality of resort does not come easily and the amount of work and dedication taken to achieve it is much appreciated.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Resort Improvements.

CP is by far the best we have visited and really cannot understand how it is rated only silver crown.
The Volcano Pool was too cold.

Now, with the new heater, the Volcano Pool is nice & warm.

Is this a great country or what ?

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
February's miscellaneous work going on at CPR

Updates on new the Unit 2nd bedroom window, total parking lot repaving and its quality control and new gate/fencing construction in keeping with CPR's original design.

See it now at: http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/021509/021509.htm

BTW, to any CPR owners out there, PLEASE return your proxies ASAP, thanks!

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:cool: :cool:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
STU, I wish some Diamond corporate personnel would read your comments written 02/18/2009. Enough Said....

Bajanswife

Reaction score
The Volcano Pool was too cold.

Now, with the new heater, the Volcano Pool is nice & warm.

Is this a great country or what ?

The volcano pool was freezing in 2007 - I'm so glad it's heated now! That puts CP back on our list!

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cypress Pointe - Newly Remodeled Two Bedroom Units

Which RCI code and starting date
should someone request in order
to get a newly remodeled unit as
show in the professional photos

Cypress Pointe Resort (#2750)

Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort (#3996)
Cypress Pointe Grand Vilas (#8080)
Vacation Internationale Cypress Pointe Resort (#8646)

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Cypress Pointe Is Outstanding.

Which RCI code and starting date
should someone request in order
to get a newly remodeled unit as
show in the professional photos

Cypress Pointe Resort (#2750)

Cypress Pointe Grande Villas Resort (#3996)
Cypress Pointe Grand Vilas (#8080)
Vacation Internationale Cypress Pointe Resort (#8646)
The aggressive updating & modernization & renovation activities are going on at Phase One -- #8686 & #2750.

Why there are 2 separate RCI resort I.D. numbers for Cypress Pointe Phase One is a complete mystery.

Cypress Pointe Phase Two is also undergoing renovations, but I'm unsure where that stands & how far along it is. (And I also don't know why there are 2 RCI resort I.D. numbers -- #3996 & #8080 -- for Phase Two. By me 4 RCI numbers for 2 timeshares doesn't make a lot of sense.)

We own Floating Diamond 3BR lock-off units at both phases -- every year at Phase Two & EEY at Phase one. It's been 2½ years since we checked in for a week at Cypress Pointe -- our October 2006 "surprise" vacation at Phase One, which was very nice. We were in the guinea pig model unit for the renovations that were about to get underway.

When we were in Orlando last month (staying at a different timeshare), we visited Cypress Pointe & got an up close & personal look at the prototype model unit for the next round of Phase One renovations -- a Sky's The Limit showcase put together by commercial designers for consideration by the HOA-BOD. It will be a while before final design decisions are reached. The bottom line, though, is that the Phase One HOA-BOD is committed to a course of steady improvement of the resort, which is already outstanding as it is.

Unfortunately from my personal perspective, I am not nearly as tuned in to what's up over at Phase Two. So it goes.

Last edited:

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Not Sure About That.

#8646 is on the Points system, and #2750 is on the Weeks system.
Within RCI, both Cypress Pointe phases are straight-weeks timeshares (non-points).

Both phases are also cross-affiliated with I-I, which (far as I know) doesn't have a points system.

In any case, RCI resort I.D. numbers are mox nix to I-I -- ditto DRI, which I think operates via points-like options of some kind (not sure).

DRI is Developer Of Record at both phases, but we bought'm resale & steered clear of DRI -- not that anything's wrong with DRI.

Bajanswife

Reaction score
Within RCI, both Cypress Pointe phases are straight-weeks timeshares (non-points).

Both phases are also cross-affiliated with I-I, which (far as I know) doesn't have a points system.

In any case, RCI resort I.D. numbers are mox nix to I-I -- ditto DRI, which I think operates via points-like options of some kind (not sure).

DRI is Developer Of Record at both phases, but we bought'm resale & steered clear of DRI -- not that anything's wrong with DRI.

In the rci.com directory, #8646 shows up as a Points resort - it has the Points logo. #2750 doesn't have the Points logo. I didn't see a Points logo on any of the Phase II listings, though.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Vacation Internationale.

In the rci.com directory, #8646 shows up as a Points resort - it has the Points logo. #2750 doesn't have the Points logo. I didn't see a Points logo on any of the Phase II listings, though.
Neither Cypress Pointe phase is in RCI Points. Both are RCI Weeks timeshares -- in addition to being I-I timeshares & DRI timeshares.

Either that's a mistake at RCI Dot Com or possibly there's some connection between RCI Points & the organization known as Vacation Internationale.

The "extra" RCI resort I.D. numbers at both Cypress Pointe timeshares -- Phase 1 & Phase 2 -- appear to be connected with Vacation Internationale, whatever that is.

No harm in dual sets of resort I.D. numbers, except for any confusion that arises in the minds of us doofuses who aren't sufficiently in the know.

BTW, Vacation Internationale appears to have a connection of some kind with Vacation Resorts International, the resort-management company that operates Cypress Pointe Phase One & Phase Two under contracts with the 2 separate & independent owner-controlled homeowner associations that are in charge of both Cypress Pointe timeshares.

The more I think I know about timeshares, the more it turns out I actually don't know. So it goes.

Bajanswife

Reaction score

Either that's a mistake at RCI Dot Com or possibly there's some connection between RCI Points & the organization known as Vacation Internationale.

The "extra" RCI resort I.D. numbers at both Cypress Pointe timeshares -- Phase 1 & Phase 2 -- appear to be connected with Vacation Internationale, whatever that is.

I saw that it was Vacation Internationale that was associated with it - that's why I didn't find it at first, it was not listed as Cypress Pointe. Could be that some of the resort is in the Points system, via different management or something, because the Points logo is definitely on #8646? That's what I thought. I'll keep it on my list anyway, in case I'm right. I guess I'll find out for sure when it comes time to exchange!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Points, Shmoynts.

I guess I'll find out for sure when it comes time to exchange!
Might not be a problem in any case.

It's always possible to use RCI Points to get exchange reservations at RCI Weeks timeshares -- a practice decried by some on TUG-BBS as Raiding The Weeks Inventory (not that there's anything wrong with that).

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's always possible to use RCI Points to get exchange reservations at RCI Weeks timeshares -- a practice decried by some on TUG-BBS as Raiding The Weeks Inventory (not that there's anything wrong with that).
Not if you are a Points person.
Charles

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Erupting news! The Volcano gets its color makeover!

From Prez John Chase:

"The landmark volcano gets a darker color at last:

http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/022609/022609.htm "

Stu here. I've been to Hawai'i and this color more closely looks like that of actual volcanic lava, so I'm really pleased that at long last the pool volcano looks somewhat authentic on a mini-scale. I just hope the paint lasts much longer this time.

And to our CPR owners, PLEASE remember to return your proxy / ballot. We really, really, really need EVERY owner to take part this year (really!). Deadline 3/15/09 for mail or plan to attend the 3/21/09 Annual Meeting. Lets get that vote out.

I'll be at the resort on Friday and Saturday, March 20 and 21, for the Annual Owners meeting and the 2 Board meetings, so fellow owners, if you're in the area, please stop by and say "hello", or join us!

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
Director & Treasurer,
CPR@LBV Condo. Ass'n
:cool:

Stu

TUG Member
Reaction score
CPR Starts First Total Landscape Renovation Project!

Just released form Prez John Chase (some editing/paraphrasing was done):

The first day of work on the total landscape renovation project was Monday,
3/16/09. This is the first total renovation / upgrade since the
original design and installation during Resort construction in 1992-1995. The
original plantings have been maintained, pruned, and in some cases,
removed over the years as they aged and grew. The new plan utilizes
as many of the existing plants as possible and keeps all but one
(damaged) tree.

As an interesting side note, the original estimate for this work was
twice the budgeted amount for 2009. The plan was to use operating
surplus money from 2009 and 2010 to fund the project over two years.
But when the request for proposals were returned, the current economic
slump apparently helped push the total cost down to under 50% of the original estimated amount!!

After verifying the qualifications of the bidders, the contract was awarded to complete the Full Project at one time in 2009 at slightly less than the 2009 budgeted amount, which was only for about one=half of the project!

CPR also changed its ongoing maintenance contract to the same low bidder for 18 months to extend the warranty on the new plantings, Thus having the responsibility all in one place, thus avoiding finger pointing between two contractors., the installer and the ongaoing maintenance company.

Photos of the work near Building 1 gets underway:
http://cypresspointe.net/Graphics/031609/031609.htm

The project will continue around the full resort over the next 6-9 months.
Minimal disruption for guests is anticipated as all work occurs
between 9:30AM - 5PM and only on the exterior of the buildings. "

Best regards,
Stu Schwartz
:hi:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish Powhatan and Greensprings resorts had the same objectives as CYP.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stu, we are looking at booking CYP I for the summer for an AAU basketball event. For the first time the three (3) bedroom units are listed separate/split. They are showing as a two (2) bedroom unit and a one (1) bedroom unit. They are split. Why ?

The unit split are showing up under the DRI web site. There is a difference point value for the two (2) and one (1) bedroom units.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning, Why is DRI splitting up CYP I three bedroom unit into a two bedroom and a one bedroom unit?

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It may be a supply / demand issue

Good morning, Why is DRI splitting up CYP I three bedroom unit into a two bedroom and a one bedroom unit?

We can only guess as DRI has control over their own inventory from CPR /CPGV. They may see a value to only offering a 3 bedroom in some use periods and forcing the split to 1 / 2 bedrooms in others (which may or may not result in a higher total point value required). I have seen where from dates x/xx/xx only 3 bedroom units at YYYY points are on the available list while for Z/ZZ/ZZ dates has only 1 and 2 bedroom units listed requiring two reservations to obtain a full 3 bedroom unit. In general the points required during the periods that only 3 bedroom units show up seem to be lower than those that show both 1 & 2 bedroom choices. So it does occur under the DRI rules - exactly why they choose to do that I'm not sure of.