*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We completed the upgrade of the TUGBBS forums recently and are still working on issues/customizations/changes etc. Please post in the thread in the ABOUT TUGBBS section with your feedback. Note if you are unable to log in or access the forums please email us at tug@tug2.net!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. With the upgrade to the new forum, tapatalk is not functioning properly and we have had little to no support from them in fixing the problem. That said, the new forum is fully configured to support mobile devices so if you are missing being able to visit TUG on your phone try disabling tapatalk and just using your phone/tablet browser to see the new look!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice

[2008] Club Land'Or

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by ljwhit, Oct 27, 2008.

1. tbenton

tbenton Guest

You bet Land'Or is STUCK and so are the owners

[Post text removed at request of poster, for "legal reasons". - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  2. tta

tta TUG Member

No longer able to deposit week to RCI?

A few weeks ago, Club Land'Or withdrew 2 of my bonus weeks from RCI. I called them but was not able to get a straight answer as usual. They were really pushing to get me to deposit into Flex Plus Exchange but I already paid my 5 years membership with RCI. I'm not about to pay another membership fee to Flex Plus. Another disappointment was that I looked at the directory list of Flex Plus; it did not have large selections.

Club Land'Or owners - I'd really appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks in advance.

TTA:confused:

3. tbenton

tbenton Guest

TTA...I may have some bad news for you. It seems that there is something going on with RCI no longer accepting CLO weeks at all due to the condition of the resort and all the complaints they get.I assume your call was to CLO. I suggest you call RCI and point blank ask if they are still accepting CLO weeks for anything and get specifics and PLEASE post your results.
    Tx

Terri
    ----------------------------

4. tbenton

tbenton Guest

[Post text removed at request of poster, for "legal reasons". - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

5. JeffW

JeffW TUG Member

I wonder why they just don't sell? The rumor I thought I heard was that Atlantis was interested in the property, but that the resort (if you can call it that!) wanted way more money than Atlantis was willing to pay.

Atlantis has seemed to have been decent a decent job expanding around them, so anyone who thought, "They'll eventually have to pay our price...", I'd say is probably wrong.

Jeff

6. tbenton

tbenton Guest

7. Craig711

Craig711 Guest

You are right that Land'or is for sale. You can see the ad at this REMAX site and also at HG Christie There's no doubt about it.

Inside the Gate's blog has more on the situation, if anyone is interested. Full disclosure: I work at Inside the Gate and don't mean this to be shameless self promotion...

8. tbenton

tbenton Guest

Thanks so very much. I had seen Christie but the REMAX is more informative. So this is what Land'or says is NOT for sale...! Wow you work at Inside the Gate! I subscribe and love it and many of we Land'or people follow it. The Colonial Crossings piece on the lawsuit was great too because they are trying so hard NOT to have it made public. I hope The Gate keeps up on whats happening at Land'or and keep talking about it. No one else will! Go right ahead and promote the site..its a great one. The Nassau Guardian had articles last year about all the $$ problems Land'or had with the Bahamian gov't, Land'or employee pay and talked about the sale but then they just stopped. I contacted the writers and the business section manager and they will not even reply to me. I thought the press loved to write this stuff but perhaps some of my assessment money found its way to them....hate to say it but why just stop publishing articles all of a sudden when there is so much fuel?

Keep us posted ok. Now that I found you I won't let you get away...ha ha ha.Keep up the great work Inside the Gate
    ----------------

9. tta

tta TUG Member

Club Landor is on RCI suspended list

Hi Terri - I called RCI and was told that Club Landor is on their "suspended" list. I guess it makes sense because it's on sale. I just cannot believe that CLO is not sending any notification to the the club members.

10. tbenton

tbenton Guest

tta...thanks for that update. Good to know. Things are so hosed up with the sale that they won't tell anyone about and so forth.

Terri
    ==
    QUOTE=tta;1262591]Hi Terri - I called RCI and was told that Club Landor is on their "suspended" list. I guess it makes sense because it's on sale. I just cannot believe that CLO is not sending any notification to the the club members.[/QUOTE]

11. tbenton

tbenton Guest

12. miamidan

miamidan Guest

i highly doubt the resort was suspended because it is for sale. Pretty shady reviews out there

13. MED887

MED887 Guest

Court can solve

I was reading a blog a couple months ago about Club Land'Or. A woman in Minn. went to court in Virginia over the same issues you mentioned... (assessment fees that never, maintenance fees going up every year, no upgrades to the property). She won!!!! She was released from her contract.

14. tbenton

tbenton Guest

Yes I know Christine. She took advantage of a pre-court cash settlement offered by Club Land'Or. I don't think all settlements result in release of contract.

15. OneGoodOneBad

OneGoodOneBad Guest

Land'or

Help. I just found this thread and am a new member. The posts have seemed to have stopped about what is happening and I know there is a hearing coming up soon. Can someone please advise me as to what is going on? I am disgusted with the increased maintenance, surcharge, budget assessment fees......