• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Beware of new scammer on the scene. The Vacation Depot

Badsarito

Reaction score
Uh huh...sounds like you guys dont know what youre talking about. have you yourselves done business with them? i was skeptical too but i think this company is a gem. I have a proof of sale if u dont beleive me!!

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Uh huh...sounds like you guys dont know what youre talking about. have you yourselves done business with them? i was skeptical too but i think this company is a gem. I have a proof of sale if u dont beleive me!!

Ok then post the proof, including the bank transactions, scanned check, etc. I'll be waiting

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Ah, yes, You sold that timeshare you desperately wanted to be rid of. And having done so you just had to do Google to find out all about timesharing, now that you've sold your timeshare and have no further need for timesharing information. And then you stumble across this site, which comes up well down the Google's hit list because the owners of the site don't employ the tricks that other sites use to goose their Google rankings).

I do admit that it's possible you aren't a shill for Premier. I live in Seattle, and if pressed I will similarly admit that it's possible that we will not have any more rain in Seattle the remainder of this year. I think the probabilities that either statement will be true are comparable.

Note to visitors to TUG who might be reading this thread. This kind of post happens regularly here - I would say about once per month on average. The pattern is predictable, in which some person who has never before posted here suddenly shows up and creates a thread talking about the wonderful experience they had with some upfront fee listing company. These people are always grateful to be rid of their timeshare; it's curious how now that they no longer own a timeshare and are free of the burden they suddenly decide that now they need to do an internet search about timesharing.

When pressed all they say is we're supposed to believe this post that suddenly comes out of the blue that looks looks like a shill, walks like a shill, and quacks like a shill.

Believe it if you want, but you might consider that someone associated with the company made that post just to salt the Google search results when someone Googles the company name.

Last edited:

keninny

TUG Member
Reaction score

Really??? Hey, neat. I noticed your from Buffalo. I'm from Buffalo too. Maybe we can meet at the Tim Hortons next to the Scajaquada E Subway station for coffee and you can tell me how this worked out for you?

mlfrancis

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
thank goodness for TUG!

I just got a call from Cheryl of Vacation Depot (www.vacationdepot.org) - offering me between $22K and $25K for my Grande Vista gold week. I knew if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is ... so I did a search in TUG, which confirmed what I thought.

We've already been taken for $600 by TimesharesOnly to sell that property (friends of ours bought MGV thru them, I could scream, they didn't tell us until later!!!) - after our Marriott sales guy told us they'd buy it back so we could buy a week at OceanWatch. Nothing has happened for the last 18 months, MGV is still at 99% sold out, we've had several offers for ~$2K from TSO - we're not going to give it away, we're not desperate to sell it. We're still listed with Marriott but they won't tell me how many are on the list ahead of us.

If only I knew about TUG before we listed with TSO and before we bought OW directly from Marriott!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our most aggressive marketing concept consists of face-to-face direct marketing to corporations as well as the vacationing public. Vacation Depot holds internet marketing contracts with Google, Yahoo, and MSN. As internet users browse the internet, there is a good chance they will see an advertisement for vacation properties in our inventory....
Due to the obvious investments that Vacation Depot makes to maintain our pipeline of buyers and renters, our marketing package does consist of a marketing fee. This fee provides professional exposure to vacationers and corporations world wide. Our team has continuous contact with buyers and renters, and constantly pursues new prospects to buy or rent....

Gee, how odd. I have bought over 20 timeshares, and I have browsed many, many timeshare resale sites, and yet I have never come across your company while shopping for a timeshare.

So, sadly, it appears that your huge marketing effort has been wasted -- especially if it turns out that none of the other avid timeshare buyers here have ever come across your listings, as I suspect is the case.

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Gee, how odd. I have bought over 20 timeshares, and I have browsed many, many timeshare resale sites, and yet I have never come across your company while shopping for a timeshare.

So, sadly, it appears that your huge marketing effort has been wasted -- especially if it turns out that none of the other avid timeshare buyers here have ever come across your listings, as I suspect is the case.

They spend $1/mo on an adwords campaign to make that claim and think that's substancial. No matter how it's layed out.. THEY'RE A SCAM. Every opportunity they've been given to prove otherwise (including the person who claimed the successful sale) disappeared when asked to show the proof.

At this point, if anyone gives them any $$$ then it's their own greed and ignorance that will cost them their loss as there's WAY more than enough information to show this is a scam.

LarryHayden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I needed a good laugh

Hi Liliana,

I happened to find this while I am showing my friend about Premium Timeshare Depot and felt the need to tell you this: I signed up with Michelle months ago and she had my timeshare sold at the auto convention out of Orlando. I sold my 2/2 for $16,500, I did not want to do the rental program they offer. It took about 4 months; however, the job was completed. I did not have to pay my MF this year! She is not at the Resort Premium Timeshare Depot is a Management company. The fee they charge was totally worth it! My friend is signing up today.

To "Margaret King" aka ???

Thanks for the good laugh. I am sure there were many timeshares sold at an AUTO CONVENTION for $16,500!. :hysterical: :hysterical:

Blueeyez

Reaction score
Of the 18 properties listed on their website, most are Marriotts. Makes you wonder if it was started by someone who used to work at Marriott and "borrowed" a list. And the prices are outrageous!!!
Actually when you buy a timeshare it goes into the resorts record that you now are an owner which then goes into public record. The timeshare company then goes and searches the public records to find who are timeshare owners. It has nothing to do with a burned past employee what so ever. Its called marketing. Finding people that are looking to sell or want to rent out. Did you ever think for a minute that because this company works with several resorts that THEY are well aware of the scams/broken promises that the resorts are telling their prospectable clients?
Samantha R.

hulettwyo

Reaction score
Premium Timeshare Depot

Got a call from 407-215-9933. A guy named Patrick called me by name and asked if I would like to rent or sell my timeshare at the Grandview in Las Vegas. He didn't know what kind of unit I had; I had to supply him that info.

He said I could get $1800 - $2200 for the rental with an approximate 3 month turnaround. Of course I would have to pay $598 up front if I want to be included in their ad magazine and $499 for just paperwork and basic advertising. I asked him to call me back the next day so I could talk to my husband.

I did a quick internet search and came upon this site. I also looked at their website which is very basic and not very well done. I clicked on the contact link and noticed that their company name is misspelled. It says Timeshore instead of Timeshare.

Contact Us
Premium Timeshore Depot, LLC
7002 Hiawassee Overlook Drive
Orlando
FL
1-866-745-7922

When he called back I told him about the internet search and that his company was mentioned as being a scam. He got very angry and said that I was wrong and he didn't have time to listen to me calling him a scammer. Then he hung up.

I probably should have led him along a little bit making him think I was actually going to contract with his company before dropping the hammer, :crash: but I was a little pressed for time and my idiot tolerance had about run out for the day.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually when you buy a timeshare it goes into the resorts record that you now are an owner which then goes into public record. The timeshare company then goes and searches the public records to find who are timeshare owners. It has nothing to do with a burned past employee what so ever. Its called marketing. Finding people that are looking to sell or want to rent out. Did you ever think for a minute that because this company works with several resorts that THEY are well aware of the scams/broken promises that the resorts are telling their prospectable clients?
Samantha R.

Samantha R., who I assume will never come back to TUG with this user name, if the companies that you are supporting in their marketing efforts are as detailed oriented as you, I am sure that the $ from selling units through their marketing campaigns are in the mail.:rofl:

If you are going to post here faking that you own resorts at least get their names right - bona vista???:hysterical:

I received a call today from someone pretending to sell timeshares. I volunteered that I would purchase if he could better my deal of a 2 bedroom at VV for $0. I know he could if he really tried but he turned me down.

Reaction score
I have been studying Timeshare-Scams for a couple of years now. I have been contact with many Timeshare Owners and really the message is DO NOT PAY ANY UPFRONT FEES.

You do not have to pay a fee when you sell your house or car so why when you sell your Timeshare. Of course if you are choosing to sell your Timeshare then it is your choice if you pay to advertise.

To comment on a couple of quotes for the tuggers, First of what a strange coincidence that you were called just an hour after talking to Marriott. That is just to good to be true. And maybe in these tougher times when it comes to selling Timeshare perhaps some of the commission only sales agents are passing on information? Who knows before people start shouting at me just my thoughts?

2nd and this comes from 2 years of research. Corporate companies do not buy Timeshares.....FACT!!!! Maybe someone form vacation depot will post now and say they do but this is another sales pitch to make it sound believable. Do you really think again in these times the companies want to buy Timeshares and use them when staff goes to conferences. What manager will sleep on the pull out bed???

You will also find that you will have one timeshare company with many different websites that pass the lead around so you are called by many different people all waiting to grab you when your defences are down.

I feel that it is a good time to buy Timeshare on the resale market but with so many Timeshare Owners selling to be told that you have a buyer that will pay 18 to 24k for your week. It is not going to happen most resale’s are selling for under 10K.

You do not need to pay an advertsing fee...FACT!!!! the companies are doing you a disservice straight away as they list Timeshare for sales at the same resort all at different prices so how can they be working in your interest.

If you were to view the site this post originally talked about and let’s say they were selling your Timeshare in Orlando and you had paid the upfront fee as they promise to sell your Timeshare and have buyers lined up.
Well pretend you are a buyer and visit the site and then see 120 Timeshare for sell in Orlando and quite a few at the Grande Vista resort. Some sell for $20,000 some sell for $28,500 Some at $21,650 all the same week so which one are you going to buy?

To you the seller who has paid this fee after being promised that your week would be sold, looks like you have wasted your money. They told you, you would get $25,000 for your week but then quite openly sell others for less money. What guarantee do you have that they will push your week first? It really winds me up and if think about it...... if they have over 900 weeks for sell on their books and charge $500 a listing not a bad turnover for a company just started. How much does it cost to run a website with pictures on it?

Please excuse my passion in this post but to me this is criminal.

SandMan1969

Reaction score
An Inside look from a former Employee

I used to work for this company. Take it from someone on the inside, ITS A SCAM! The owner and managers Nick Patel and PJ Cooper are scam artists. This is how it works. They buy leads from brokers of people who own timeshares (i have no idea how the brokers get the names) and then the sales reps call them. The rep you speak to on the phone does NOT make an hourly wage, does NOT get paid when the timeshare "sells", he gets paid a 30-35% commission off of the up front fee he charges you. And then the company pockets the rest. They get away with this by putting into the contract that they do not "gaurantee" a timeframe on the sale, and that makes it legal somehow.

But take it from me, RPD does NOT do presentations, the only thing they do is list your timeshare on your cheap no-traffic website. They are liars, crooks and thieves. I worked there less than a month cus the money sounded too good to be true, but once I found out they were a total scam I left. I am keeping my identity to myself for now but please let me know if you have any questions. These people are mostly drug addicts who work at these places cus they can get paid cash on a daily bases in exchange for lying to trusting customers and stealing from them.

citizenwatch

Reaction score
International timeshare vacation network445 Douglas Altamonte Springs fl

I spoke to a man who called himself George Segal from International Timeshare Network. He assured me that he has a buyer for my campground site. Everyone else I spoke with like, DAVID COSCO, CARLOS DIAZ, JOSE PEREZ, DAVID WRIGHT, ASHLEY GONZALES, and DAVID WALTERS, were all lying to me, along with GEORGE SEGAL, about the business!!! It was a SCAM. After they collected the money from me, I continued to call and each time someone would tell me it was in Escrow and I had to wait. Months went by and my calls were in vain, they would put me on hold an leave me there. The last call I spoke with Ashley Gonzales and she said she received the title search back and was waiting to receive the closing documents from the county and it should be about 2-3 weeks to go yet. That was on June 24, 2010. I spoke with David Walters on July 19, 2010 and he said everything was in and I would be hearing from them soon to sign all the papers. NOTHING EVER HAPPENED FROM THERE ON!!!