• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2008] Anyone ever heard of Apex Professionals LLC ?

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Postcard company gets "nailed"

Apex settles timeshare case
Written by TSD Staff

A Nevada-based company, accused of swindling Vermont timeshare owners, has agreed to reimburse the victims in a settlement announcement.

Apex Professionals Inc. will pay $64,000 to 15 victims and another $65,000 for penalties charged by the local government. Bill Sorrell, the Attorney General, says that Apex violated a law on the sale of timeshares.

“If out-of-state companies offering an economic benefit to consumers in Vermont violate the state's consumer laws, they can expect strong enforcement and serious consequences,” commented Sorrell.

Apex lured timeshare owners to sales conferences in Burlington and Montpelier earlier this year. Company representatives promised the owners that they would transfer the ownership of their unused timeshares, but the service came with a twist.

The victims reasonably assumed that they would be compensated for their timeshares. However, Apex did not pay them any amount and even charged them thousands of dollars.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Thanks to everyone who had the courage to speak out against this company. These postcard companies are real scam artists who prey on innocent people.

awinkie515

Reaction score
Update on Preferred Transfers this says Christine Gibbs

Alert to Timeshare Scam APEX Professionals LLC

APEX LLC - for you that say they are honest..please read on!

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2009 4:14:00 PM
Time share repurchaser settles with Vt.
BY NICK REES

Sorrell
MONTPELIER, Vt. (Legal Newsline) - A Nevada-based time share repurchaser has agreed to pay more than $120,000 in restitution and penalties to settle claims it violated Vermont law.

Apex Professionals, LLC, will pay more than $64,000 to 15 Vermont consumers and $65,000 in penalties and costs to the state over the alleged violations.

"If out-of-state companies offering an economic benefit to consumers in Vermont violate the state's consumer laws, they can expect strong enforcement and serious consequences," state Attorney General William Sorrell said.

Apex representatives began soliciting Vermont consumers in the spring of 2009 to transfer ownership of their unused timeshares to allow the original owners to be relieved of timeshare maintenance fees, taxes and other costs.

The Apex representatives met with consumers in March at the Courtyard Burlington Harbor in Burlington and in March and May at the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Montpelier. The meetings were advertised in postcards mailed by Apex that stated, "Don't play the waiting game in this economy! If you accept our offer we will put your timeshare into closing immediately."

Consumers who went to the meetings with Apex went with the understanding that Apex would offer them money in exchange for their timeshares. Apex instead charged them a fee of several thousand dollars to transfer ownership of their timeshares, Sorrell said.

Apex representatives then told consumers that the several thousand dollar payment could be offset by filing for a federal income tax deduction for investment losses on their timeshare, the value of which was claimed to be equal to or greater than their payment to Apex. Sorrell says this claim was not true as consumers had purchased the timeshares for personal, not investment, purposes, which made them ineligible for a tax deduction.

Filed Under: State AGs

Technorati Links

Business Contact and Profile for Preferred Transfers LLC

Name: Preferred Transfers LLC
Phone: (360) 705-0986
Fax: (360) 216-2043
Address: 855 Trosper Rd Ste 108-322
Tumwater, WA 98512
Original Business Start Date: October 2008
Principal: Ms. Christine Gibbs, Member
Customer Contact: Ms. Christine Gibbs, Member - (360) 705-0986 or support@preferredtransfers.com
Email Address: support@preferredtransfers.com
Entity: Limited Liability Company
Incorporated: October 2008, WA
Industry Classification: Vacation Time Share
BBB Accreditation: Preferred Transfers LLC is not a BBB Accredited business.

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Apex Marketing the same?

I own at Club Land'Or in the Bahamas. They are now partnering with a company called Apex Marketing to sell more units and do renovations. Our timeshare has just taken money each year and special assessments from owners with no improvements to speak of over the years. Now they are doing presentations onsite with Apex Marketing and also saying they are going to build lockouts, etc. I wanted to see about this company on the internet but could not find out anything. I do not need to buy more time anyway but I was just curious. I did get my $75.00 dollars to spend in cold hard cash today.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
apex marketing, club land'or

sounds like the place is setting everyone up for a big fall. the reports of late coming out of the club are not sounding good. might be a good time to bail on this one before it cost you more and more.

justsayin

Banker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apex-Bahamas.com

The company that has partnered with Club Land'Or in the Bahamas is called Apex Marketing or apex-bahamas.com. I can't find out anything about them. They are selling time at Club Land'Or and also doing the renovations. Nothing has happened for so long at Cliub Land'Or that it is nice to see. But I really wanted to read up on them..can't find anything. Josh Forbes told me that the company is out of Freeport, Bahamas. Anyone know anything about this outfit?