• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2007] Any Experience with ebay seller sumday vacations?

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with sumday vacations. They have good feedback on ebay. I'm surprised that they charge so much less on closing than other sellers do. Do they do their own closing? Do they use an escrow service? Is this a reputable group to work with?
Thanks!

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with sumday vacations. They have good feedback on ebay. I'm surprised that they charge so much less on closing than other sellers do. Do they do their own closing? Do they use an escrow service? Is this a reputable group to work with?
Thanks!

They seem to get pretty good inventory and I have bid on their timeshares but was outbid every time so no first hand knowledge other than their excellent feedback rating. I did ask some questions on some of their units that I was bidding on and they always got back to me within a very reasonable time.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks!

The guy is Jeff Brown out of Kimberly City, MO. We bought a unit from him. He does seem to get some good inventory. He does the closing so that's why the closing costs are less. I've never had a problem with him as I've emailed about other auctions and he's responded well. While the other regular Ebay sellers use an escrow company and charge more, typically, they have a tie to those escrow companies so the "arms-length" relationship is questionable. At least he's upfront about it.

johnmfaeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
One difference is that a thrid party escrow agent is guilty of a Felony if it absconds with one penny, where paying a seller directly who doesn't deliver is a mere civil matter unless fraud can be proven.

And the state regulators will be much less like to enforce the situation. You will have to go to court yourself at your expense. The states are very strict with 3rd party escrow agents, regardless of corporate relationships to the seller. They have a fiduciary responsibilty to all parties.

No comment about Sumday, don't know him.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
My biggest concern is if he is preparing his own deeds and is not the owner, is he licensed to practice law in those states he is selling in.

The general rule from most bar assoications is preparing a deed is considered the practice of law. Also, on his Hawaii closings, is he collecting the Hawaii Income Tax he is required to collect and remit?

Also, is he licensed for escrow. There was a long article here in Florida about an escrow company (btw, does not have to be licensed in FL) that the owner took off with the escrow moneys and left everyone high and dry. These were deposits being held in conjunction with residential real estate, so the amounts were significant.

The article went on to say if they had been licensed as a Title Company, the State would have more say in the funds and a bond in place.

With times the way they are, now is the time to becareful with your money.

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I bought a timeshare from Jeff/Sumday vacations. He was fast, efficient, cheap, and answered all my questions quickly. I got a great deal and was very happy with the experience.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a timeshare from Jeff/Sumday vacations. He was fast, efficient, cheap, and answered all my questions quickly. I got a great deal and was very happy with the experience.

Agree 100%. I've done 3 deals with him. All smooth as silk! Recently I bought a Branson Week from him and got the recorded deed in 5 days. No kidding. Being located a few miles from the courthouse helps, but 5 days?

GEORGE

jadejar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Morritt’s Tortuga, Morritt’s Seaside, Royal Dunes, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Grande Ocean, Moon Palace
I got my recorded deed from him in 23 days.

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an excellent experience with Sumday, too. Great week, got a great buy. Couldn't really use the week in 2007 but closing was fast enough to allow me to rent out the week with enough profit to almost recoup my initial investment!

Mari

Reaction score
I am happy with Sumday Vacations

I have purchased 2 timeshares from Sumday. They were sent quickly.
In fact, I went to the court house in PA where one deed was recorded to check for sure if it was recorded correctly. The person at the court house verified that the deed was recorded on the date that Sumday stated.
They also answer questions quickly.
I will purchase more from this company.

jacknsara

KBV Forum Moderator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pahio Kauai Beach Villas, Pahio Shearwater
... Also, on his Hawaii closings, is he collecting the Hawaii Income Tax he is required to collect and remit? ...
Aloha,
Our purchase of a Wyndham / Pahio Kauai Beach Villas odd year use unit was just completed. Yes, the 0.15% conveyance tax on the 3 digit price was collected and rounded to the nearest 10 cents; $1.00 (one dollar :) )
It took 20 weeks from ebay win to arrival of final final documents. Five days later, Wyndham (aka pahio) Owner services confirmed their end and space banked the 2007 week. A minor error for which I share responsibility with Jeff Brown caused about 4 weeks of that total time. Jeff forgot to include something in the packet sent to me but soon after did send an email explaining what it was and what I needed to do to speed things up. I did not initially understand the significance and forgot to reread it when the material arrived, so I missed the time saving step.
Email communication was very concise and very prompt.
Bottom line. 100% satisfaction.
We did not leave feedback on ebay since the transaction took longer than 60 days and we won't leave feedback on incomplete transactions.
Jack

janapur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another strong vote in favor of Jeff. I've purchased several times from him. He has always been very helpful.

Jana

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good EBay Seller

I bought two separate weeks from him and every thing went just right.

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday Vacations

Thank You all for your support and we look forward to working with all of you again and again. Sumday Vacations, Jeff Brown and staff.:wave:

tcornel

TUG Member
Reaction score
They should check what they are selling

They currently have a Santa Barbara selling on eBay with no mention that the resort is closed, a partial mention of the special assessments and a maintenance fee that is not current.

eBay #120187423572

They state "to start using your week earlier simply prepay your 2008 maintenance fees. This week can be exchanged with Resort Condominium International" .......Really? Even if the resort is closed?

Or perhaps they have knowledge that guarantees the resort being open, the ongoing maintenance fee being 225 a year including taxes, the full assessment being fully paid and that RCI is accepting deposits?

Try getting a refund from them when all facts are know after they have done the inhouse close. As a licensed realtor they have an obligation to all to disclose the facts.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Brought it from them once and have no issue. I got the recorded deed within 14 days. They are quick.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Howzzat?

As a licensed realtor they have an obligation to all to disclose the facts.

Who says / said that they are a "licensed realtor" ??? :confused:

I'll certainly stand to be corrected if mistaken, but to the best of my knowledge, sumday vacations is not a licensed realtor at all, but is instead a reseller (PCC or otherwise).

You are correct about the Wyndham Santa Barbara matter, however. I personally brought directly to sumdays' attention (several months ago, in response to another eBay listing) that this particular resort had actually been closed down since 2005 (a fact somehow never mentioned within their ad), that it was still closed then (and still remains closed even today, for that matter). I also pointed out significant errors in the MF's and special assessment figures cited within the listing. I received friendly and polite (but materially unresponsive and "content-free") replies in response.

Last edited:

tcornel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closed resorts

I believe the principle is licensed. I brought this up because I had to threaten complaints to the governing board to get reimbursement of maintenance fees for a Palm Aire deed I bought. Turned out it was closed and the usage that was stated in the ad did not exist. After I let it be known that the seller he was representing would be brought in on the complaint then the maintenance fees I reimbursed were refunded. Long, tough process but it was a matter or principal.

I now view his ads as a sale of the legally described real estate. Nothing more. Forget the description. If the described real estate is operating then fine. If closed or blown away......let the buyer beware. After all even though it may be closed it still is the legally described real estate.

So follow eBay's rules and due your due diligence. Estoppels from the resort. Call the resort and get unit description. Know what you are buying before entering into a contract. If not as described walk away.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Estoppels from the resort. Call the resort and get unit description. Know what you are buying before entering into a contract. If not as described walk away.

Which is exactly why I recommended earlier on in the thread to deal with a title/escrow company LICENSED in that state to do the business.

Not advertising for me, but I spend a lot of money to get licensed in the 19 states I do business in, and stay licensed, which also means regulatory oversight on my escrow accounts and how I do business. It means I have to follow the states requirements for Fidelity bonds, some as high as 150k for the theft of funds, E&O insurance that covers up to a million in coverage, for things like failing to get the estoppels and someone suffers harm from it, not to mention all the surety bonds that the different states make you put up to get licensed.

Anyone can prepare a deed from the old deed. If it was wrong, yours is wrong. The biggest problem that no one looks at, is the preparing of that deed is the practice of law in 19 of the states I do business in. Means if you are not the true owner or buyer, it can be considered practicing law to prepare that deed. We handle the preparation of deeds in states our in house attorney is not licensed in (which is 4 states), by contracting the deed prep to a local attorney in the state of transfer.

So, I guess the biggest question to start asking these companies is "are you licensed in XXX state to do title work" see how many are, you might be surprised that they are licensed in their homestate and flying by the seat of there pants in the others.

Now thats who I really would like to place my money with.

Dave H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, here it goes:

Dist of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Indiana Kentucky

Louisiana Michigan Missouri New Jersey North Carolina

Rhode Island South Carolina Tennessee Virginia West Virginia

Wisconsin

Ok, I stand corrected 17 still waiting on 2 others that are Ohio and Illinois

We are licensed and insured, title agents on the above states.

In South Carolina and North Carolina, our in house attorney is licensed and a member of the bar in addition to DC and Florida, so closing in the Carolina's while a problem for most is not for us.

Dave

jmkr123

Reaction score
Just bought SumDay timeshare on Ebay (5 Aug 12)

I just bought a Breckenride Grand Timbers Lodge 2 timeshare on ebay and SumDay was the seller so I'll try to add posts as the process goes along. Wond the bid around 4:00 and received invoice (auto send) at 7:00.
I replied back using the link from the detail invoice to inquire about paying the fees via credit card. I prefer the security of credit card in respect of being able to challenge the purchase as opposed to a check or money order.
More to come.

jmkr123

Reaction score
Update to Breckenridge Purchase on 5 Aug 12

I just bought a Breckenride Grand Timbers Lodge 2 timeshare on ebay and SumDay was the seller so I'll try to add posts as the process goes along. Wond the bid around 4:00 and received invoice (auto send) at 7:00.
I replied back using the link from the detail invoice to inquire about paying the fees via credit card. I prefer the security of credit card in respect of being able to challenge the purchase as opposed to a check or money order.
More to come.

Within the hour of sending an email to SumDay I received a response from Jeff Brown assisting me with paying via PayPal using a credit card (yes I'm a total newbie, only used paypal one other time about 18 months ago). So far I will have to give SumDay an A+, the rechallenge is getting the deed titled in my name in time for me to use this years reservation which is a FALL timeshare. More to come.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought a TS from Sumday a while back and everything went smoothly. They should be able to set it up where you can use the fall week as long as you've made payment. I think they have a very good reputation.