• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2 months of website - summarize your opinion of the New World of Wyndham

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think Sandy VDH and Sandi Bo are bitching. They are stating facts.

55plus though attacks anyone that post something positive. I'm tired of the attacks and innuendos on motives for a positive post.
There are pluses with the new system. Points being blind comes to mind. That's a fact and a positive one for the owners.

Bonnet Creek is Wyndhams poster child resort. 55plus puts it in the same category as a fleabag hotel.
If 55plus really thinks that why would you want to own or stay at anything with Wyndhams name on it?

55plus line regarding the peace of crap website has become more annoying to me than the thumbs up guy did to some.

I also wonder how much of EHs availability is from owners left stranded after point managers cancelled the owners contracts with them to manage their accounts. They never rented on their own and now are at a loss as what to do. So they might of turned to EHs for help.

I was speaking to 55plus' "piece of crap website" comments and the inuendos.... nothing else.

and the help Im asking for is any work arounds anyone might have figured out.. Also I get the sense that Wyndham is working on this thing (the piece of crap website) and I expect to see fixes or new features introduced. Im hoping that if anyone here sees an improvement that they post it too

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
I haven't seen any improvements that benefit me.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
OK.. one more pro/con that's a con. 24/7 system. Wyndham does not warn in advance when upgrades will occur - I haven't seen any announced outages for quite some time. I have experienced many.
24/7 system is a con? When a faulty system is being worked on, if they gave days of advance notice before every time they needed to take it down, each step of corrections would take far longer. So I'd rather they "git 'er done", even if it sometimes means inconvenient timing. Trouble is, there is SO MUCH work that still needs to be done. :doh: Ultimately, not sure how having expanded hours of access to 24/7, could be a con?

Not discussed much:
* Affect on resorts. This has wreaked havoc, I have heard. New systems and processes for resorts and a lot of issues hunting down reservations. How are they doing managing inventory and the new "all weeks start on Saturday" rule?
Sorry, but what does this mean please? the new "all weeks start on Saturday" rule ???

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I get that some people are upset but the conspiracy theory stuff is a bit much.
Agree. EHs has always had good stuff.
I've posted to go take a look on sites like TripAdvisor. Always had almost everything possible available through owners renting.
I haven't looked since a lot of mega renters have shut down.

A simple explanation for what is now available on EHs would be reservations made by mega renters that Wyndham took back in their settlement agreements.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Agree. EHs has always had good stuff.
I've posted to go take a look on sites like TripAdvisor. Always had almost everything possible available through owners renting.
I haven't looked since a lot of mega renters have shut down.

A simple explanation for what is now available on EHs would be reservations made by mega renters that Wyndham took back in their settlement agreements.

What are you talking about? Settlement agreements? I have never heard of this. Maybe someone can point me to a thread.

Anyway, still not able to book and on hold with Wyndham to ask why. We have called many times over the last ten days and have gotten no help at all. It would be a waste of time to call, except Wyndham needs to know it's not fixed.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Actually, with the prices I am seeing om some of the EH stuff there is plenty of room for an owner to recoup some MF's by renting points.

And they have little or no 3 or 4 BR units. So Wyndham is not getting all the good stuff.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are you talking about? Settlement agreements? I have never heard of this. Maybe someone can point me to a thread.

Anyway, still not able to book and on hold with Wyndham to ask why. We have called many times over the last ten days and have gotten no help at all. It would be a waste of time to call, except Wyndham needs to know it's not fixed.
I would stop calling.
Go to the thread. Finally able to login that JimMIA started and contact the Florida agency he did.
The more owners they hear from the better.

Settlement agreements that I referenced.
Several of the suspended owners have settled their cases with Wyndham.
From the outside it appears that they are no longer allowed to be owners. Wyndham has basically taken their ownerships including contracts,reservations etc in the settlement agreements.
In their settlement agreements they are not allowed to discuss or release any terms of the agreement.
These are assumptions on my part from reading between the lines

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

You've been posting on the other Wyndham threads so surely you're aware of what has been happening with some of the people whose accounts were frozen last August. Braindead is referring to Wyndham taking back the deeds and contracts as part of their settlement agreements with people like Ron P. and am1. Maybe wjappraise and happyhopian too as we haven't heard from either of them in a while. Typically as part of the settlement there is a non disclosure agreement so when we stop seeing posts from them it could likely mean that they are in the process or are done.

A little more background to help you and others out. You may have seen some veiled comments in other posts and Ron P's replies. I believe Ron P's settlement with Wyndham was somewhat different and while of course he can't give the details of his settlement he can continue to post and still be involved in managing other owner's Wyndham accounts. He has pretty much been accused of being a Wyndham spy/shill or whatever and he has been gracious about other people being rightfully suspicious. Ron P. was smart enough to see the handwriting on the wall and to proceed accordingly in regards to his situation at the onset of the freeze. Others like am1 had to learn the hard way/more expensive way. On 10M points the maintenance fees using an average from the CWA of $5.6 per thousand is $4667 per month. So AM1 went something like 9 months paying at least $42K if not more in maintenance fees while not being able to make any new reservations, not being able to cancel reservations he couldn't sell, often not able to add guest names and having to pay the call in price of $129 instead of the online price of $99 for those guest confirmations. If I remember correctly from what he posted he even at times had guests arrive at the resorts and not be able to check in or mysteriously had reservations that "couldn't be found" and he had to find them other accommodations at his own expense. If he had enough reservations made before his account was frozen to generate something like at least $50k in income then he probably broke even. If not then holding out in resistance to the inevitable cost him.

It does appear that Wyndham has been slowly but surely eliminating certain owners. Most of you who have been around for a while know of John and Lise Bohm. To the best of my knowledge they are the owners the term mega renter was first used to describe. As of last week it very much looks like they are gone. Their eBay store is gone and their fantastic website has no reservations at any of the locations they specialized in. Just a couple weeks ago I was trying to help a past renter find something and was on their website and and eBay store so I know they had reservations and a lot of them. I've been trying to help my past renters find other owners and sites to search as my husband is retiring very soon and we can once again use all our points for ourselves and our families. For those of you who don't know me from previous posts my husband got downsized from his job up North a few years ago before we were financially able to have him retire. He got another job here in Florida which was great for us as we didn't have to wait that few more years until he retired to move somewhere warm. However it meant starting over with two weeks vacation time instead of 5-6 weeks. I learned to rent and it got us through a tough time but now am happily sending past renters to other owners.

Last edited:

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Things go forward some thing not. As of today, still am working on sign-in issues. VCs now answering the option 3 option 2 (Owner Services selection) they will no longer let me have access to owner services or owner care on the issues I am trying to fix on my account.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Braindead is referring to Wyndham taking back the deeds and contracts as part of their settlement agreements with people like Ron P. and am1. Maybe wjappraise and happyhopian too as we haven't heard from either of them in a while. Typically as part of the settlement there is a non disclosure agreement so when we stop seeing posts from them it could likely mean that they are in the process or are done.

Nah, I'm still around. Just had to take some time away to regroup. My phone call in June with the wyndham attorney and owner care rep (found out later his name is Andres - wanna bet he added the "s" to his birth name, or maybe it was actually Andrew before he became a made man, millennial style - sarcasm intended) has been all I have heard for the past five weeks. No need to hurry apparently. Or give the courtesy of an update.

So my quasi-suspension is now into the 12th month. And my account is jacked up as I show -6,000,000 points available. That's a negative 6 million points. But every reservation I cancel makes the negative amount less. I asked for help - they mailed me four big envelopes full of every transaction made on my account for the last year. That does NOTHING to explain my negative balance. But it does explain my negative attitude about OC. I have the screen shots that show what my account was in May before the great rollout of the POC (I did an acronym of 55plus apt moniker so hopefully it will illicit less vitriol than what 55plus receives). So, hopefully I will get to use some points the rest of this year. If not, maybe my negative 6 million points will simply expire on 12/31/2017! Wouldn't that be so very Wyndham of them?

It would be nice to have my suspension finally resolved but I would much rather have the website actually work as promised. Pretty sad when we have to search for positive things to say about their foray into new technology. Given the improvements in website design and code in the past decade, they should have been able to design something that truly gave us a collective "Wow!" Not even close. Not even after two months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Nah, I'm still around. Just had to take some time away to regroup. My phone call in June with the wyndham attorney and owner care rep (found out later his name is Andres - wanna bet he added the "s" to his birth name, or maybe it was actually Andrew before he became a made man, millennial style - sarcasm intended) has been all I have heard for the past five weeks. No need to hurry apparently. Or give the courtesy of an update.

So my quasi-suspension is now into the 12th month. And my account is jacked up as I show -6,000,000 points available. That's a negative 6 million points. But every reservation I cancel makes the negative amount less. I asked for help - they mailed me four big envelopes full of every transaction made on my account for the last year. That does NOTHING to explain my negative balance. But it does explain my negative attitude about OC. I have the screen shots that show what my account was in May before the great rollout of the POC (I did an acronym of 55plus apt moniker so hopefully it will illicit less vitriol than what 55plus receives). So, hopefully I will get to use some points the rest of this year. If not, maybe my negative 6 million points will simply expire on 12/31/2017! Wouldn't that be so very Wyndham of them?

It would be nice to have my suspension finally resolved but I would much rather have the website actually work as promised. Pretty sad when we have to search for positive things to say about their foray into new technology. Given the improvements in website design and code in the past decade, they should have been able to design something that truly gave us a collective "Wow!" Not even close. Not even after two months.

Try JimMIA's solution in the thread " FINALLY able to ........". I am sure you probably read it. More pressure the better. Maybe see if you can talk to the same agent he did.

DancingWaters

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still struggling and still don't have my spring break reservation made. Hours holding on the phone, missing points, information changed (though they say it's always been that way), website issues. I have been a happy Wyndham owner since 2000, but definitely not now. I don't even know what direction to go. Tonight I was on the phone for 3.5 hours, crazy.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am still struggling and still don't have my spring break reservation made. Hours holding on the phone, missing points, information changed (though they say it's always been that way), website issues. I have been a happy Wyndham owner since 2000, but definitely not now. I don't even know what direction to go. Tonight I was on the phone for 3.5 hours, crazy.

Ladies and gentlemen I present "your Wyndham brain trust."

It's ridiculous that this is such a mess.

bbodb1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Why am I getting this image in my head:

4dbcbb50-73a4-47ad-8289-4b8bb86ad36b.jpg

...because that is all ANY of my searches have done this evening.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Something New?

I searched today for a christmas reservation at Palm Aire. There was nothing for my dates, so I got an opportunity to search for other dates at this location (the calendar search) and an opportunity to search for these dates at other locations

I clicked on the "other locations" button and what cam back was a list of lots of choices for my dates

Is that "other locations" button new?

Is this button still working? When I search and there is no availability the only button I get is "search for other dates at this location". "other locations" button is gone .

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Is this button still working? When I search and there is no availability the only button I get is "search for other dates at this location". "other locations" button is gone .
It was working for a few day but then stopped

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Ghost units seem to be back too. I haven't seen them for a while, then suddenly a whole rash of them.

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I think I was able to use the website to 'blanket look' for availability. For example, I have the week of July 3 through 10 off and I could put in that date and check all resort systemwide availability. I can't seem to find it now. Is this a feature of the otherwise dreadful site? Thank you all, Paul

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Hi Everyone,

I think I was able to use the website to 'blanket look' for availability. For example, I have the week of July 3 through 10 off and I could put in that date and check all resort systemwide availability. I can't seem to find it now. Is this a feature of the otherwise dreadful site? Thank you all, Paul
Put in United States for region and add dates you want to search

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am referring to wyndham's site, not rci. putting united states isnt doing it for me. am i missing something?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
i am referring to wyndham's site, not rci. putting united states isnt doing it for me. am i missing something?
I dont know about United States. but you can search by area. For example, New Orleans brings back bot Avenue Plaza and La belle Maison. And Myrtle beach , brings back whats available in all the resorts there

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
QUOTE="ronparise, post: 2035465, member: 50175"]I dont know about United States. but you can search by area. For example, New Orleans brings back bot Avenue Plaza and La belle Maison. And Myrtle beach , brings back whats available in all the resorts there[/QUOTE]

You can't "free form" it.

Type what you want and see what shows up in the drop down (filter). Those are the selections available.

You ALWAYS have to select from a value in the drop down (even if there is only one drop down).

If you are "free forming" it will never find anything.

Example, type "United States" - several resorts show up that have United States in their location description (not what you are looking for).

Type, "Ameri".. drop down that include North America and South America...

upload_2017-8-3_14-59-26.png

Now you need to click on North America so it populates in the Location box.

Sometimes you need to scroll down to see everything available to choose from.

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
hi thanks,

i cant search by north america. i can enter and select it but after entering dates, the search box remains grey and ineligible for clicking. i cansearch by region; northeast, south and west though. is it my browser?

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
When you first open "View All Destinations", the destination locations appear as states and towns. The view must be changed to regions by selecting "REGION" on the upper right of the pop-up window.

So when I click on "Book" and select "View All Destinations", I click on "REGION" on the upper right and select a region, like "South", with dates and acceptable unit sizes. Then it provides the range of availability throughout that region. It's not as broad as North America but it's pretty broad.

When I then modify the search, and the Search box remains grey, it's easy to reset. Just click on "View All Destinations" again and click on the region or state that you want. The Search box will then turn navy blue and clickable.