• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1st visit Ocean 22

mjack47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just booked our 1st visit at Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach in mid October. Should we rent a car or are we good taking a bus , shuttle or just walking? Thanks

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You will want to rent a car, especially if you are flying in. Once you are in MB, you will be able to walk to many places, but a car will allow you to truly enjoy more of the surrounding area.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
If you want a day-trip to Charleston - about a 2-hour drive - you need a car.
If you want to go to one of the "all you can eat seafood" joints, you need a car.
<my 2 cents>

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Or if you want to go to Murrells Inlet, to get a great sense of a cool seaside village and away from the touristy bustle of MB, you'll need a car.

cmg542

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from Ocean 22 and I never saw a bus or a shuttle the entire week we were down there. You are 2 blocks away from Highway 17 which has all your chain restaurants and seafood buffets and maybe 10 blocks from the Boardwalk. Plenty of good places to eat if you are a walker. For everything else, you will need a car. I found getting parking and getting around town to be be quite easy.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
We just booked our 1st visit at Ocean 22 in Myrtle Beach in mid October. Should we rent a car or are we good taking a bus , shuttle or just walking? Thanks

We own at Ocean 22 and I agree with all the above comments. The beach is right there and there are lots of restaurants, activities and shops within easy walking distance, if you do not want to venture far from the building. But there is so much to see and do outside of the main part of Myrtle Beach that I highly recommend a car if you are there for more than two or three days.