• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 Unit Limit question

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets assume I reserved 10 units with deeded points at a my home resort 13 months in advance using ARP and that these reservations are for a week beginning on Friday. Then in the the regular 10 month window i use credit pool points to book an aditional 10 weeks beginning the next day (Saturday). Will this cause me a problem?

Second Question, Lets say i reserve 15 units with deeded points and my home resort 13 months out using ARP. If i cancel and rebook 60 days out, will i have issues with these 15 units?

thank you in advance!

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming you are using a guest certificate for them correct? Wyndham has been known to automatically cancel double reservations with the same name.

As for the cancel and rebook should be the same gamble of having the reservation show back up as any other time.

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply nicemann. so are you saying there is not a limit of 10 reservations for the same time? i thought this was a new rule?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply nicemann. so are you saying there is not a limit of 10 reservations for the same time? i thought this was a new rule?

Nope you are correct:

Beginning October 1, 2015, we have enacted a Nightly Unit Limit of no more than 10 units** per resort, for reservations booked in the Standard and Express Reservation Windows. Each of the 10 units that are being occupied by your guests will require a Guest Confirmation, as described in the Guest Confirmations policy on page 339. Important Information about the Nightly Unit Limit
  • During the Standard and Express Reservation windows, you may reserve no more than 10 units per night at a single resort location. The Nightly Unit Limit does not apply to reservations booked during the Advance Reservation Priority (ARP) window.
  • Once you have reached the 10 unit Nightly Unit Limit, any additional reservations made for the same night(s) at a single resort, are subject to cancellation, following the CLUB WYNDHAM Plus cancellation policy.
  • Reservations booked prior to October 1, 2015, are not subject to the Nightly Unit Limit.
  • **For resorts with less than 50 units in CLUB WYNDHAM Plus, there is a limit of no more than 20% of the total units in the Club. This includes most Affiliate and Associate Resorts and Hotels.

henley1

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you again nicemann. So i guess i would have issues with either of my above scenarios..

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lets assume I reserved 10 units with deeded points at a my home resort 13 months in advance using ARP and that these reservations are for a week beginning on Friday. Then in the the regular 10 month window i use credit pool points to book an aditional 10 weeks beginning the next day (Saturday). Will this cause me a problem?

Second Question, Lets say i reserve 15 units with deeded points and my home resort 13 months out using ARP. If i cancel and rebook 60 days out, will i have issues with these 15 units?

thank you in advance!

In both scenarios you have a problem

you can have as many ARP reservations as you have points but add one more regular reservation and you have exceeded the limit

And it's a nightly limit. If you have one night with more than 10 reservations you have violated the rule

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
In both scenarios you have a problem

you can have as many ARP reservations as you have points but add one more regular reservation and you have exceeded the limit

And it's a nightly limit. If you have one night with more than 10 reservations you have violated the rule
Ron, can you have multiple ARP's with all contracts? Thought the multiple ARP scenario, per contract, was unique to CWA and UDI deeds?

Clarify UDI vs Converted vs CWA for ARP please.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, can you have multiple ARP's with all contracts? Thought the multiple ARP scenario, per contract, was unique to CWA and UDI deeds?

Clarify UDI vs Converted vs CWA for ARP please.

It dosent make any difference you can make as many ARP reservations as you have points at one resort and one time

Regarding converted weeks it's the same rule. You can have as many reservations as you have points. you get ARP for only the week you own. if you own 10 or 20 or 100 week 20's at a particular resort, you can make 10 or 20 or 100 reservations for that week

For example Palm aire has UDI, CWA and converted fixed weeks. If I own a week 20, and a bunch of UDI and some CWA I can use them all to make arp reservations for week 20 and I can have more than 10 of them

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
It dosent make any difference you can make as many ARP reservations as you have points at one resort and one time

Regarding converted weeks it's the same rule. You can have as many reservations as you have points. you get ARP for only the week you own. if you own 10 or 20 or 100 week 20's at a particular resort, you can make 10 or 20 or 100 reservations for that week

For example Palm aire has UDI, CWA and converted fixed weeks. If I own a week 20, and a bunch of UDI and some CWA I can use them all to make arp reservations for week 20 and I can have more than 10 of them

If you went onto to book 10 more at the 10 month point at Palm Aire then cancelled the ARP ones at 60 days and tried to re-book them, would it then make reservations numbers 11 12, ect at the 10 month or less point thus subject to being cancelled?

BellaWyn

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

That's a good explanation. Thank you.

To further clarify the CFW ownership for ARP, sans having any UDI and CWA ownerships, you would need to own multiple Wk-20 contracts at the same CFW location to get multiple Wk-20 ARP reservations up to the limit of the number & point values of Wk-20 CFW contracts owned.

Yes? No?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a good explanation. Thank you.

To further clarify the CFW ownership for ARP, sans having any UDI and CWA ownerships, you would need to own multiple Wk-20 contracts at the same CFW location to get multiple Wk-20 ARP reservations up to the limit of the number & point values of Wk-20 CFW contracts owned.

Yes? No?

Yes,

But floating weeks converted to points are supposed to float. Infortunately the call center folks don't seem to know this

For example the weeks at avenue plaza float over the entire year except for the 5 event weeks. I owned two of these weeks converted to points . I should have been able to use them for arp reservations for any week(except the event weeks) but no, they limited me to just the week on the deed

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you went onto to book 10 more at the 10 month point at Palm Aire then cancelled the ARP ones at 60 days and tried to re-book them, would it then make reservations numbers 11 12, ect at the 10 month or less point thus subject to being cancelled?

Yes.

Likewise if you did 10 arp and added one more after 10 months, you are subject to cancelation

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Does the reservation system enforce the 10 unit limit or is this another manual process like the cancellation of overlapping reservations?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Does the reservation system enforce the 10 unit limit or is this another manual process like the cancellation of overlapping reservations?
It is a manual process. You must keep track of the reservations yourself. And if you exceed the limit they will cancel the reservation of their choice and send you a really nasty letter from one of their lawyers threatening to suspend your account.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
"Does the reservation system enforce the 10 unit limit or is this another manual process like the cancellation of overlapping reservations?"

The above is consistent with what appears in the Member's Directory Supplement that can be found by googling it on-line. It talks in terms of "Subject to" cancellation and that "Our resorts offer you the perfect place to hold your next family re-union or special event".

View attachment 3399

Yup. And it's just amazing to me - that in 2017 - we have a major corporation that prints updates to policies in a directory and enforces them through manual processes.

"Where I come from" we update our systems to support new policies. It'd be "Hey IT -- how about a popup when someone attempts to book a reservation and exceeds their 10 room limit - letting them know they can't book the 11th reservation?" And don't let them do it. Done.

Just one more example of Wyndham's substandard (and truly unacceptable) systems.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yup. And it's just amazing to me - that in 2017 - we have a major corporation that prints updates to policies in a directory and enforces them through manual processes.

"Where I come from" we update our systems to support new policies. It'd be "Hey IT -- how about a popup when someone attempts to book a reservation and exceeds their 10 room limit - letting them know they can't book the 11th reservation?" And don't let them do it. Done.

Just one more example of Wyndham's substandard (and truly unacceptable) systems.

Exactly my thinking. But not only doesn't Wyndham program their new policy, but then they blame the owners if the ten unit limit is exceeded. And they are NASTY about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Per an only somewhat related post on the Wyndham forum having to do with the 20% limit at a smaller resort, the new system is automatically enforcing the room limit now. I don't remember that being reported as a part of the May release. In her case it also enforced it using additional PR ARP so more than just than standard and express window indicated in the supplement.

Reaction score
The 10 NUL *** IS *** programmed now! I tried it a couple of weeks ago just to see - sure enough - you get an error message and the system will NOT allow you to book #11. Yes, this is 1 improvement in the "new and improved" website.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The 10 NUL *** IS *** programmed now! I tried it a couple of weeks ago just to see - sure enough - you get an error message and the system will NOT allow you to book #11. Yes, this is 1 improvement in the "new and improved" website.
I can confirm that too, also that it wanted a guests name on 9 of them

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes. There is a short list of improvements (not officially announced). This is one of them. The letters sent if you violated the rules were overly nasty. Glad to see they have taken responsibility for programmatically tracking and enforcing this.

The overlapping reservations requiring guest names doesn't work 100%, but fairly well. If I get warnings, I correct them. No more generic phone calls warning of reservations at risk of cancellation. Having a warning alert in your account with specific reservations at risk - that's an improvement.

The search by regions, once you figure out the nuances is nice.

Number of remaining guest confirmations is nice.

The audit of points used by use year is an improvement, although anything that displays information is low hanging fruit for improvement (searching, sorting, what to display).

ARP'ing online (I don't use it, but valuable for others).

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yes. There is a short list of improvements (not officially announced). This is one of them. The letters sent if you violated the rules were overly nasty. Glad to see they have taken responsibility for programmatically tracking and enforcing this.

The overlapping reservations requiring guest names doesn't work 100%, but fairly well. If I get warnings, I correct them. No more generic phone calls warning of reservations at risk of cancellation. Having a warning alert in your account with specific reservations at risk - that's an improvement.

The search by regions, once you figure out the nuances is nice.

Number of remaining guest confirmations is nice.

The audit of points used by use year is an improvement, although anything that displays information is low hanging fruit for improvement (searching, sorting, what to display).

ARP'ing online (I don't use it, but valuable for others).

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that too, also that it wanted a guests name on 9 of them

Ron. Didn't you put several owner names on the contract to allow for numerous reservations without buying guest confirmations right away?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron. Didn't you put several owner names on the contract to allow for numerous reservations without buying guest confirmations right away?

there are two or three of four names on the account There is the LLC and the manager of the LLC and 2 variation of his name.. the message I got when I tried to make the an 11th reservation was... "you cant do that" and then a message popped up to say I had overlapping reservations and specified 7 reservation numbers. I spent $600 and the message went away

One of my guests is a woman named Irma Harvey

Last edited:

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
there are two or three of four names on the account There the LLC and the manager of the LLC and 2 variation of his name.. the message I got when I tried to make the an 11th reservation was... "you cant do that" and then a message popped up to say I had overlapping reservations and specified 7 reservation numbers. I spent $600 and the message went away

One of my guests is a woman named Irma Harvey

Nice naming convention. Have you tried just switching the names to another owner name? Even if that means there are now two reservations under one name. I have had some success doing that. Not sure how long it will work but it's better than wasting $99.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice naming convention. Have you tried just switching the names to another owner name? Even if that means there are now two reservations under one name. I have had some success doing that. Not sure how long it will work but it's better than wasting $99.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
not sure what you are suggesting

Are you saying that if I have 5 reservations in one name (John jones)(call this block A)and 5 in another name (sue Jones)(block B) if I change each to the other so that the block A reservations are now in Sues name and the block B reservations are now in Johns name, the computer will see that I changed the names and that will. E enough to satisfy the computer. IE it told me to change the names and I did