• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 contract limit real?

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that there was a limit on number of weeks in same room. something to do with establishing occupancy

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
This guy says that his wife works in Charleston and that they have lived on Edisto full-time last three years at Ocean Ridge. Some of the associations at Ocean Ridge have cheap point values, but even still, I thought $1,300 is really cheap. Like Ron says above, maybe he supplements with RCI last calls or something.

I'm really interested in using timeshares in our retirement plans, but moving every week isn't going to happen, so I was interested in what this guy was saying.

If they are platinum owners and able to get the 50% discount on the points needed to book which shouldn't be a problem at Ocean Ridge here is the math for a one bedroom unit. If they are living out of the resort it is always nice to have a second bedroom but there is probably just the two of them so a one bedroom would be fine. As platinum they would get a free upgrade to the two bedroom unit.

2,047,500 - 39 high and prime weeks at 52,500 points with the 50% discount. Other sections of the resort are 47,250 points but I'm using the higher point section.
154,000 - 4 weeks at 38,500 points for Quiet and Value weeks which are the same number of points in all sections.
283,500 - 9 weeks at 31,500 points for Quiet and Value weeks
2,485,000 - total points using a maintenance fee of $5.50 per thousand would be $13,667.50 a year or $1,138.96 a month

1,842,750 - for the lower 47,250 point sections would be 2,280,250 points for the year, $12,541.38 a year or $1,045.11 a month in maintenance fees at $5.50 per thousand.

I once ran the numbers on Wyndham Fairfield Bay but you would have to have a heavy four wheel drive vehicle for those roads in the winter months! Ocean Ridge in South Carolina would have much better weather for year round living. It also isn't as remote location wise as some of the other lower point/high availability resorts.

In some/many/all? States there are occupancy laws so the resort might have to make you move every 30? days. If you have a good relationship with the resort they might keep you in the same unit longer especially if it isn't a unit in one of the sections with a waterview or close to the amenities. Even then I would still expect to move every six weeks, two or three months and would be very happy with that. A smart person would make sure to take good care of the resort manager and staff at Christmas time!

They come clean your unit once a week, Bring clean sheets and towels, restock your paper and various soap supplies. La vida loca!

Last edited:

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
They come clean your unit once a week, Bring clean sheets and towels, restock your paper and various soap supplies. La vida loca!

This is exactly what I was thinking. For $1,300 with all utilities, housekeeping, etc. it would be hard to beat. Although after staying in Edisto for three days, we were ready to go. We're city folk...