• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 contract limit real?

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
A previous thread spoke of a 10 contract limit per member number. Has this been verified as an actual fact?

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
A previous thread spoke of a 10 contract limit per member number. Has this been verified as an actual fact?

No. And I have tried to confirm at updates with no luck. It may be something that is in the works, but it does not exist at this point. Sales weasels look at me like I have two heads.

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This rumor seems to have been linked back to a mis-hearing or misunderstanding of the 10-unit nightly limit rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Published no.
How many affected? 1 me
Is any else going to be affected? Don't know .
If they ever get the website fixed. Then start locking accounts again. Then it's probably reality.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
This rumor seems to have been linked back to a mis-hearing or misunderstanding of the 10-unit nightly limit rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's possible also by a supervisor

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a bonus contract with no points left. I selected that obviously. I ended up with 10

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I had a bonus contract with no points left. I selected that obviously. I ended up with 10

What exactly happened in your case? I never got the story. They made you sell a contract?!?!?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I purchased directly from Wyndham they put the contract in a new developer member number starting in 20 . Then merge member numbers eliminating my 999 resale number. When they went to merge the two together is when they told me. As a result of audits and suspensions. There's a new rule of 10 contract max per member number and made me pick which 10 I wanted. I eleminated the bonus contract that came with the developer purchase. Because I had already used up the points on reservations

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
I am in the process of going over 10 contracts in one member number and have been told by a contract supervisor that there will be no issue. We will see.

Also was told if I want different use years I can keep multiple member numbers, each with own use year. A few contracts I am acquiring are October vs January use year.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no mention of limit of member numbers. Only limit of contracts in a member number.
I still think Wyndham wants to limit the amount of resale points in a member number that receive VIP Platinum benefits. Their answer is either limit how many contracts in a member number. As discussed before easy to implement. Or put resale points in a separate member number. After the website disaster and the new rules taking effect. I don't think their going to go after the average VIP Platinum resale points and put them in a separate member number.
I don't think you will ever see a mix of resale and developer points in a member number getting different treatment as far as VIP Benefits.

My deal was before the new CEO. So the supposed rule might not be in acted .

It wasn't sales or a contract supervisor that informed me of the 10 contract max limit

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Two member numbers is all they need . One developer, one resale.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

They probably understood the limitations of their IT staff and figured it wouldn't work.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't they devalued VIP accounts enough ? I just don't think they want to piss owners off anymore than they already have for awhile

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
Haven't they devalued VIP accounts enough ? I just don't think they want to piss owners off anymore than they already have for awhile

I thought the rule was resale points Aren't eligible for VIP? It's a software error that allows that ,not Wyndham. I will agree that Wyndham needs to enhance VIP ownership after what they have done to devalue it. I even gave an example of one thing they could do (a week head start on the 10 month window). Wyndham needs to do something for VIP otherwise sales are gong to tumble. How about an exclusive booking window from 11:00pm-7:00am? 40,000/70,000/100,000 point credits for early payment of MF's, depending on your level of ownership.

I bought resale,so I am not VIP . But with the changes I have no desire at all to be a VIP. What is the incentive to do so? There is none. I can't justify spending $150k or more to get a 50% discount. I don't get enough in return and it will never pay for itself. What would you guys do to enhance VIP?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enhance VIP ?
Let them book that single night anytime. That would let them add that night to their reservation before or after their stay if it becomes available. Not risking losing their reservation by canceling and rebooking longer stay.

Your idea on the 1 week jump at the 10 month is ok. But I already have the reciprocal amount I need. CWA eliminates a lot of that need also.

They should of left the old reservation rules in place and only let VIP Platinum have the new rules. Any day checkin - checkout. The 7 to 14 day reservations. Added the any length reservation 1-14 nights. This would've of given sales something to push also.

Individuals put different values on items
I personally didn't purchase VIP Platinum membership thinking it would pay for itself. I want that room with the best view possible.
Bonnet Creek give me a choice
Tower 6 looking at the parking ramp $1
Tower 2 or 4 with the best fireworks view and lake view for $1,000. Grandkids on balcony oohs and awes. Sign me up!!
Waikiki Beach Walk
I'm not going to Hawaii to look at a parking ramp while drinking my morning coffee or evening drink.

When my wife wants a new vehicle. I tell the salesman there's not an option she doesn't like. So load it up and tell me the price. Then I start negotiating

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham needs to do something for VIP otherwise sales are gong to tumble.

WorldMark has a three-tier VIP Program.

Same credit cost for VIP as non VIP. No discounts.

Same booking windows.

VIPs receive free internet for 4-8 devices and complimentary RCI membership.

Platinum VIP level receives free housekeeping per stay.

There are a number of other, minor benefits.

The WorldMark sales force sells a lot of VIP ownerships. It is all in the presentation.

The Wyndham sales force will adapt their presentations to the new guidelines and sell a lot of VIP ownerships. Cancel/Rebook is not dead, just different. VIP discounts are sure to remain a prominent selling point.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

The idea of a 10 contract limit has probably been dismissed by now, but I cant find anywhere that anyone here has actually posted a direct answer

Today the 11th contract came into an account Im managing.

There used to be a 40 contract limit, Ill post on this subject again if I learn that that's still the limit or if I find any evidence that its changed

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
The idea of a 10 contract limit has probably been dismissed by now, but I cant find anywhere that anyone here has actually posted a direct answer

Today the 11th contract came into an account Im managing.

There used to be a 40 contract limit, Ill post on this subject again if I learn that that's still the limit or if I find any evidence that its changed

There may be no need to limit the number of contracts based on the other changes. It is hard to imagine someone accumulating over 40 contracts in a single member number at this point.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
There may be no need to limit the number of contracts based on the other changes. It is hard to imagine someone accumulating over 40 contracts in a single member number at this point.

The first person who cracks the code on how to make this system work profitably.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

When I was first considering "going big" with Wyndham I was a silver VIP meaning I got a 25% discount within 60 days and I had to pay transaction fees and I only got 5 guest confirms

I had the advice of a mega renter that said they averaged $200 profit per rental. I decided that cancel and rebook would not be worth the risk for the high value event weeks I was doing.

I developed a high volume, low margin strategy. I assumed no discounts
My goal was $25000 a year profit

$25000/$200=125 rentals per year
125 rentals at 154000 points per rental = 20 million points at an average of 300,000 points per contract I would need two accounts of more than 40 contracts each

im in communication with a guy that lives full time at a Wyndham resort.
52 weeks at 154000/ week =8 milllion points. I can see that taking 40 contracts too

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
im in communication with a guy that lives full time at a Wyndham resort.
52 weeks at 154000/ week =8 milllion points. I can see that taking 40 contracts too

I recently met a guy who claims to live full-time at a Wyndham resort (and has done so for the last three years). He says that his MFs are $1,300 per month. I tried to do the math and just can't figure it out. I would think that the 8 million points would work, but the MFs would be $3,333 per month @ $5K/1,000. Even if this guy has VIP, then it would still be 4 million points @50% off so MFs would be almost $1,700 per month.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently met a guy who claims to live full-time at a Wyndham resort (and has done so for the last three years). He says that his MFs are $1,300 per month. I tried to do the math and just can't figure it out. I would think that the 8 million points would work, but the MFs would be $3,333 per month @ $5K/1,000. Even if this guy has VIP, then it would still be 4 million points @50% off so MFs would be almost $1,700 per month.

Maybe he supplements his Wyndham ownership with RCI last calls or perhaps he does some rentals to offset mf. Or maybe instead of a 2 bedroom at 154000 points per week he stays in a studio at Fairfield glade

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova

Was he staying in one location ?
If you did quiet season chart / resort shopping ( Branson in November etc )- could you get enough weeks at about 70,000 points (less the VIP discount) to bring
the overall average cost to $ 1300 ?

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Was he staying in one location ?
If you did quiet season chart / resort shopping ( Branson in November etc )- could you get enough weeks at 70,000 points (less the VIP discount) to bring
the overall average cost to $ 1300 ?

This guy says that his wife works in Charleston and that they have lived on Edisto full-time last three years at Ocean Ridge. Some of the associations at Ocean Ridge have cheap point values, but even still, I thought $1,300 is really cheap. Like Ron says above, maybe he supplements with RCI last calls or something.

I'm really interested in using timeshares in our retirement plans, but moving every week isn't going to happen, so I was interested in what this guy was saying.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
This guy says that his wife works in Charleston and that they have lived on Edisto full-time last three years at Ocean Ridge. Some of the associations at Ocean Ridge have cheap point values, but even still, I thought $1,300 is really cheap. Like Ron says above, maybe he supplements with RCI last calls or something.

I'm really interested in using timeshares in our retirement plans, but moving every week isn't going to happen, so I was interested in what this guy was saying.

moving every week, even if it was at the same resort, would indeed be a pain but chances are that the folks at the resort could keep you in the same room.