• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Differences btwn Ocean Front/Deluxe/Center/Corner at WKORV

shellbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Current: Montage Kapalua Bay, DVC: Beach Club Villas & Aulani, MVCI: Newport Coast Villas & Points
Past: DVC: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs, Westin: KaAnapali Ocean Resort Villas & WKORV North, MVCI: Mountainside & Summit Watch
We are at WKORV right now and have decided we want to buy another week. (Resale, of course!) We currently own an every year ocean view 2br lockoff; we want to add an ocean front week but I'm having trouble understanding the differences between the various types of OF units out there. Is there a map and/or floorplans showing the differences? Help, pls, WKORV gurus! :)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
WKORV has 2 ocean front floor plans:

The Ocean Front units are center units at the ocean ends of bldg. 2 and 3, which are similar to the floor plans for your 2 bdm. ocean view. However, unlike the ocean view studio, the ocean front studios all have lanais. As far as I know, they have never released a floorplan for the center units.

The Ocean Front Deluxe units wrap around the corners of bldg. 2 and 3, and the studios face north or south, not towards the ocean. They are somewhat larger, and the MF is quite a bit more expensive.

Floor plan:

WKORV_2BD_OFD_FP.gif

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
WKORV has 2 ocean front floor plans:

The Ocean Front units are center units at the ocean ends of bldg. 2 and 3, which are similar to the floor plans for your 2 bdm. ocean view. However, unlike the ocean view studio, the ocean front studios all have lanais. As far as I know, they have never released a floorplan for the center units.

The Ocean Front Deluxe units wrap around the corners of bldg. 2 and 3, and the studios face north or south, not towards the ocean. They are somewhat larger, and the MF is quite a bit more expensive.

Floor plan:

View attachment 4818
Our reservation states oceanfront Deluxe studio premium villa for WKORV. Is that view from the balcony then not as good as regular oceanfront?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Our reservation states oceanfront Deluxe studio premium villa for WKORV. Is that view from the balcony then not as good as regular oceanfront?
As shown above, the Ocean Front Deluxe units are on the corners so the view and studio lanai do not directly face out to the ocean but being right at the front of buildings 2/3 I'm sure they have good views of the ocean, especially on the higher floors.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
As shown above, the Ocean Front Deluxe units are on the corners so the view and studio lanai do not directly face out to the ocean but being right at the front of buildings 2/3 I'm sure they have good views of the ocean, especially on the higher floors.

The OFD studios do have excellent views of the ocean/surrounds - just not straight on. I have photos that I can post if I can find.
Half of them (poolside) overlook the pool area as well which can be desirable to some families. The 5th and 6th floor OFD studio balconies are about a foot deeper than the lower floors.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The OFD villas are larger (and MFs that are disproportinal to OFC when looking at square footage), and the studio has .
The OFD villas are more square (wider) and have panoramic views from inside as they have windows on side - thus better light (if that matters)
Also with OFD 1Bd side - you get wide views from the balcony vs. just straight on.

Vacation4us

TUG Member
Reaction score
We’ve rented an Ocean Front Studio before, directly facing the ocean. Per the reservation, it’s called an Oceanfront Studio Premium Villa. The room is very private, and has a nice size lanai for two people to whale watch and watch amazing sunsets.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
The one bedroom portion of the OFD ("Deluxe") units is superior to the one bedroom portion of the OFC ("Premium") units -- larger, better light, corner views.

The studio portion of the OFC unit is superior to the studio portion of the OFD unit because of the direct ocean view.

The question is how you will use the unit. We generally split our OFC unit and stay a week in the studio and a week in the one bedroom. For us, the OFC is superior because we will enjoy the superior studio view. But if you are inviting guests (or kids), the OFD is better as you will all hang out in the living room anyway.

But do not ignore the substantial (~$800/year) difference in MF's.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The one bedroom portion of the OFD ("Deluxe") units are superior to the one bedroom portion of the OFC ("Premium") units -- larger, better light, corner views.

The studio portion of the OFC unit is superior to the studio portion of the OFD studio because of the direct ocean view.

The question is how you will use the unit. We generally split our OFC unit and stay a week in the studio and a week in the one bedroom. For us, the OFC is superior because we will enjoy the superior studio view. But if you are inviting guests (or kids), the OFD is better as you will all hang out in the living room anyway.

But do not ignore the substantial (~$800/year) difference in MF's.
We just are in on an 8 mos out studio reservation but I checked and we don't have any other ocean front options for a studio. I'm sure it will be amazing. We were surprised to find oceanfront options at all so will make do lol

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
We’ve rented an Ocean Front Studio before, directly facing the ocean. Per the reservation, it’s called an Oceanfront Studio Premium Villa. The room is very private, and has a nice size lanai for two people to whale watch and watch amazing sunsets.

Do you have photos of OFC villa inside? I never see any of those posted here. I expect inside looks like the other premium studios. The Dlx studio layout is nicer (and more light), but the OFD studio view is not straight on as OFC, but still pretty nice. I have photos of OFD that I can share via TapaTalk (on iPhone).

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
361a469ff659c1291d8de31b9d6b9f4e.jpg

1Bd side OFD.
Villa 2628 - Sept 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
1e88d77df62df1584ea4de3f6c6193ce.jpg

View of pool area from 2628

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for posting. Looks like I can't go wrong either way.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is washer and dryer - they are new. Dishwasher is on the left - not in photo
I find that interesting. When did they change the separate washer and dryer? What did they do with the space where they were? Do you like the change?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Maybe it's quieter than most, but I'm not crazy about the idea of the w/d in the kitchen. I prefer having it in a separate closet in the hallway. I'd rather have storage space in the kitchen.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
That is washer and dryer - they are new. Dishwasher is on the left - not in photo
I find that interesting. When did they change the separate washer and dryer? What did they do with the space where they were? Do you like the change?

They have always been in that spot.
They are quiet.
The kitchen is huge with plenty of storage space. Way more than we use - and we cook most meals.

b21b60c1401abf6f595ce715084784fa.jpg

LJT

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting - it is different than the regular ocean view rooms. We find the ones in the closet really loud but they seem like cheaper models than these. I will do a comparison when we are there in February. We are giving our ocean view room to the relatives and were able to get this one with staroptions. Our first time ocean front! We usually do a few loads while we are there.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Interesting - it is different than the regular ocean view rooms. We find the ones in the closet really loud but they seem like cheaper models than these. I will do a comparison when we are there in February. We are giving our ocean view room to the relatives and were able to get this one with staroptions. Our first time ocean front! We usually do a few loads while we are there.

The standup dual W/D in the closets are quite loud in all of our other villas. They also do not clean or dry as well as these units, but are faster. These ones (under counter) are relatively quiet. The kitchen is large - so while they take away from space in the kitchen, there is more than enough space in the kitchen.

The Kitchen and Bathroom in the OFD are larger than they need to be IMO (Robin agrees).

Reactions: LJT