• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seaweed in Cancun?

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are due to arrive at Lagunamar in Cancun next week - can anyone tell me if there is seaweed on the beaches this year?

Thanks
Radley

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
When I last read trip advisor reviews it seemed that there was a little each morning that they cleare and raked up so it was
essentially a non issue. We have been there twice this year already, fall and spring and it was never an issue. We will be there next week also.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
There have been a number of tropical waves through the area this season, which churns up the water and brings in the sea weed. You should expect there to be some. The water there is normally rough, the storms just make it worse.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We are due to arrive at Lagunamar in Cancun next week - can anyone tell me if there is seaweed on the beaches this year?

Thanks
Radley
Are you allergic or want to eat it? :ponder:

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
We just got here today and there isn't large amounts of seaweed on the beach. There does appear to be a fair amount in the water in places though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
We have gone to Lagunamar in Sept./Oct. and April/May. The seaweed issue is definitely worse in the fall months, but the resort cleans it up every morning as best it can. Also, regarding the travel warnings, keep safe. We have never felt unsafe while in Cancun, but you never know. I would not want to rent a car and travel outside of the city with the new warnings.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
We just got here today and there isn't large amounts of seaweed on the beach. There does appear to be a fair amount in the water in places though.

Here is a picture from our room this morning.
1f091b87a26ff77850a84228d6ad42f8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Here is a picture from our room this morning.
1f091b87a26ff77850a84228d6ad42f8.jpg

The beach looks like it's been cleaned up, but the water is a mess.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
Yep

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies. We are currently at the Grand Luxxe on Riviera Maya and have the option of going on to Lagunamar if we want to - or staying here. We really love the Grand luxe pool and the snorkelling is good too - plus the wife loves her laps in the big pool - so maybe we'll stay on here. What a fantastic choice to have! TUG has blessed us in so many ways - I wouldn't have been able to navigate II without it. Thank you to all who make TUG happen.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
The beach looks like it's been cleaned up, but the water is a mess.
It's completely different this afternoon. The surf looks clean and beautiful. Not sure if its because it's sunny or why. There is a little more sea grass on the beach, so I'm guessing they do not remove it every day.
cd02f99473290325d5bbf34f3dde83d9.jpg

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
The water must have really been stirred up when we first arrived because it has been normal since it cleared up. The sea grass is still about the same. We did see them working with a tractor yesterday and were told they just bury it in the sand when it gets to be too much.

remowidget

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar X3
The water must have really been stirred up when we first arrived because it has been normal since it cleared up. The sea grass is still about the same. We did see them working with a tractor yesterday and were told they just bury it in the sand when it gets to be too much.

The just cleaned it up with a tractor, burying the sea grass.
9e36a0514a1309c1581d0e9f8cbc4be7.jpg