• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba dining question

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Hey Aruba regulars
We are at the surf club for the next week. Does anyone have any experience at "Quinta del Carmen"? This seems like a good dining choice and I do not remember it since my last visit in 08. Sorry if this place has been discussed in the past. thank

the dude

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We ate there in December and it was not very good. Try Wilhelmina it is excellent, 297 is next to the Aqua Grill - good tapas, if you have never gone to Yemanja Grill it is fantastic. Enjoy.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Thanks for the advice ilene. We will try to check out some of your recommendations. Yemanja looks really good

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Thanks for the advice ilene. We will try to check out some of your recommendations. Yemanja looks really good
jont.....I wonder if you can get a "Big Salad" there. :wave:

topmom101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbour Lake, Divi Phoenix, Coconut Palm II
I was in Aruba earlier this month and after hearing so much about Quinta De Carmen, decided to try it. Beautiful setting and very friendly service but the dinner itself was just OK. Not worth a return trip. If you have a car, I'd recommend Marina Pirata, a local's gem. And, of course, you cannot ever go wrong with Wacky Wahoo.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
jont.....I wonder if you can get a "Big Salad" there. :wave:
they told me I could have a table in about 5, 10 minutes. got tired of waiting after my table went to Cartwright. went to Reggies instead.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
We went shortly after they opened and it was ok; not great, so haven't gone back. However, friends keep raving about it as a favorite and have returned several times.
Same owners as Barefoot. Which is an absolute favorite of ours..

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
oops-accidentally double posted
Have a great trip!!

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some other restaurants that we like:
Madame Janette
El Gaucho
BLT at the Ritz
Carte Blanche
Suisse Chalet
Blossoms

Have a great trip.

classiclincoln

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been to Quinta Del Carmen and liked it. We have a list of places we like, too many to jot down. We're at the point where the service is getting to be more important than the food since we've really never had a bad meal anywhere on the island. Try Gostoso, Que Pasa, Asi es mi Peru, Papiamento, Papillon, Screaming Eagle, Tulip, Yanti or Zuzuroh.

Dianna's is a good place for pancakes. When we were there in December, we did a taste test of all 3 places and liked Dianna's the best. Also, Dushi Bagels is good.

The problem with the island is there are too many good places to eat....

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Some other restaurants that we like:
Madame Janette
El Gaucho
BLT at the Ritz
Carte Blanche
Suisse Chalet
Blossoms

Have a great trip.
Thank you Ilene. we went to MadameJanettes on Friday. It alone was worth the trip down to Aruba. Possibly the best dining experience I ever had. We have ressies for El Gaucho and Yemanja later this week.
thanks for the tips

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
We have been to Quinta Del Carmen and liked it. We have a list of places we like, too many to jot down. We're at the point where the service is getting to be more important than the food since we've really never had a bad meal anywhere on the island.

The problem with the island is there are too many good places to eat....

Yes, its like Hilton Head

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Aruba regulars
We are at the surf club for the next week. Does anyone have any experience at "Quinta del Carmen"? This seems like a good dining choice and I do not remember it since my last visit in 08. Sorry if this place has been discussed in the past. thank

the dude
The Hyatt Hotel restaurant has the best swordfish I have ever had anywhere.
It is the gold standard....
I have eaten there in different years..always great.

Sunbum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Ilene. we went to MadameJanettes on Friday. It alone was worth the trip down to Aruba. Possibly the best dining experience I ever had. We have ressies for El Gaucho and Yemanja later this week.
thanks for the tips

We have ate at Quinta Del Carman many times and have always had great meals and service. Try Barefoot as well, same owners. Both great.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Thank you for all the responses. they all look fantastic. Unfortunately, we ran out of time and couldn't visit them all. hopefully, we can get back there soon and visit the ones we missed.