• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndhan Owner Meeting Live Webcast

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to watch the Wyndham Annual Owners Meeting Live Webcast information can be found in two places, on the Dashboard and in the What’s Happening section of the new website. It states, "You can be a part of the AOM experience, no matter where you are! The live webcast of your 2017 Annual Owners Meeting is set for Aug. 2 at 10:30 a.m. ET."

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Would there be a point to watching? Spending a few hours listening to false promises by tone-deaf executives seems like a waste of time.

It's not like they'll allow any sort of Q&A or feedback.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Would there be a point to watching? Spending a few hours listening to false promises by tone-deaf executives seems like a waste of time.

I'm hoping there will be some ticked off Owners who will make things interesting.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score

I'm curious on two fronts. First, I want to see what management has to say about the website debacle. And, second, how owners handle themselves at the meeting, even though there is not supposed to be Q&A or feedback. Will there be open defiance by owners due to the many frustrations related to the new website?

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Will this include the trust owners?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will this include the trust owners?
It is specifically a meeting of the fairshare owners association. And to be a member of that hoa you must have assigned your use rights to the fairshare trust

So owners of club Wyndham plus; club Wyndham Select (UDI or converted weeks), Club Wyndham Access, Presidential Reserve, and Margaritaville are invited

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, mine are all in the trust.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is specifically a meeting of the fairshare owners association. And to be a member of that hoa you must have assigned your use rights to the fairshare trust

So owners of club Wyndham plus; club Wyndham Select (UDI or converted weeks), Club Wyndham Access, Presidential Reserve, and Margaritaville are invited
Thanks Ron. I see the owners meeting as kinda a big deal. It will be the first time owners will have hear from management since the website launch and the first time for owners to express themselves in an open forum.

I am VIP Platinum and have been with Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) for 34 years. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. The revamped website and other recent changes have been the ugliest I have seen IMO. In recent weeks, I have read hundreds, if not thousands, of posts here and on other sites dealing with these issues. This has affected a lot people and I don't see it settling down anytime soon.

I can't make it to the meeting, but plan to watch the webcast. I'm curious to know who may be going, or planning to watch the webcast.

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
I plan on going. I remember when we used to get together the evening before on Wyndham or Fairfield, usually at Bonnet Creek or Grand Desert and have a few cocktails and generally have a good time. I also remember when we used to have a VIP Platinum breakfast before the meeting - no longer - but I still go to all the annual meetings and usually have a good time, but I long for the old days.

I agree the website is awful and can't imagine any VIP or inspiring to become VIP would purchase any additional points thru Wyndham.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Ron. I see the owners meeting as kinda a big deal. It will be the first time owners will have hear from management since the website launch and the first time for owners to express themselves in an open forum.

I am VIP Platinum and have been with Wyndham (formerly Fairfield) for 34 years. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. The revamped website and other recent changes have been the ugliest I have seen IMO. In recent weeks, I have read hundreds, if not thousands, of posts here and on other sites dealing with these issues. This has affected a lot people and I don't see it settling down anytime soon.

I can't make it to the meeting, but plan to watch the webcast. I'm curious to know who may be going, or planning to watch the webcast.
Aren't you a member of the trust or did you get mixed up with a trick or two by a salesman?
I plan on going. I remember when we used to get together the evening before on Wyndham or Fairfield, usually at Bonnet Creek or Grand Desert and have a few cocktails and generally have a good time. I also remember when we used to have a VIP Platinum breakfast before the meeting - no longer - but I still go to all the annual meetings and usually have a good time, but I long for the old days.

I agree the website is awful and can't imagine any VIP or inspiring to become VIP would purchase any additional points thru Wyndham.
Especially since Wyndham no longer has anything about VIP in the directories now.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Especially since Wyndham no longer has anything about VIP in the directories now.

What do you mean by that? There's plenty on VIP in the last full directory (14-15) and several VIP benefits are also addressed in the new supplement (17-18), but only as it relates to changes from the 14-15 policies. Additionally, VIP information is all over the knowledge base of the new website.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What do you mean by that? There's plenty on VIP in the last full directory (14-15) and several VIP benefits are also addressed in the new supplement (17-18), but only as it relates to changes from the 14-15 policies. Additionally, VIP information is all over the knowledge base of the new website.
Nothing in the glossary about VIP in the latest directory that I got this year after the trust withdrew.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

Did you get the email yesterday from Wyndham about the meeting? No more nice lunch; just light hors d' oeuvres served at various locations this year. No mention was made of wine so I'm guessing that won't be offered this year either. I noticed that they worded this as we can snack as we browse. Does that likely mean there won't be tables for us to sit at and visit with other owners?

We have to go to different floors for some things. Was this intentional to discourage people from attending the different talks and discussion groups? With the large number of people attending getting to the different floors on the elevators will likely be time consuming and generally a pain. There may be a few more tables/vendors this year but is anyone expecting there to be a lot more than in previous years?

I'm staying at Cypress Palms this year as that is where a friend is staying. Today's email has a link to sign up for the shuttle from the resort. It leaves the resort at 8am, leaves the meeting at 3:30pm and then you still have to ride the shuttle back to Cypress Palms. That makes for a long day. I'm really missing staying at Bonnet Creek with a 5-10 minute walk from my unit over to the meeting.

The one very nice thing is that I can register/sign in for the meeting on Tuesday afternoon at Cypress Palms. But again I'm wondering if they are doing that to keep us from talking to each other while we wait in line to sign in the morning of the meeting.

Thanks Wyndham! If we weren't already unhappy about the numerous issues we've been experiencing since the advent of the new website now you've done everything you can to ruin an annual event many of us looked forward to and really enjoyed.

Last edited:

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
Yes I received the email - see below -however the event is not at the Hilton, it is downtown at the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center,so we will all be driving or enjoying the bus ride, I am going to opt for the Bus ride this year. We can talk on the elevators...

"We're so glad you're joining us for this year’s FairShare Vacation Owners Association Annual Meeting, and we want your experience to be the best possible! This event offers you the exciting opportunity to get to know your club — live and in person. You'll have a chance to mingle with your ownership community, chat with experienced and knowledgeable CLUB WYNDHAM® representatives and participate in club education.

This year’s venue, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, is a chic and unique downtown Orlando location — it’s five floors bustling with CLUB WYNDHAM activity, surely creating an event to remember! Complimentary shuttle service to and from the event will be offered at select Orlando area resorts – stay tuned for more information. Please keep in mind that attendees opting to drive to the venue may experience typical downtown congestion and paid parking options will be limited. We're so glad you're joining us for this year’s FairShare Vacation Owners Association Annual Meeting, and we want your experience to be the best possible! This event offers you the exciting opportunity to get to know your club — live and in person. You'll have a chance to mingle with your ownership community, chat with experienced and knowledgeable CLUB WYNDHAM® representatives and participate in club education.

This year’s venue, the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, is a chic and unique downtown Orlando location — it’s five floors bustling with CLUB WYNDHAM activity, surely creating an event to remember! Complimentary shuttle service to and from the event will be offered at select Orlando area resorts – stay tuned for more information. Please keep in mind that attendees opting to drive to the venue may experience typical downtown congestion and paid parking options will be limited."

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Anyone know how late it goes?

Edit.. oh, nevermind. I see Jan has 3:30 in her post.

Are there any plans for people to get together outside the meeting? I'm happy to help organize something. This will be my first owners meeting (is this kind of like jury duty)?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Are there any plans for people to get together outside the meeting? I'm happy to help organize something. This will be my first owners meeting (is this kind of like jury duty)?
You want to know if you can talk to other owners? :) I sure hope no one gets arrested for talking about Wyndham outside of the meeting.

We won't be there. I don't care what excuses they give. I would love to see what some owners are going to say about being shut down.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing in the glossary about VIP in the latest directory that I got this year after the trust withdrew.

What do you mean when you say: "...after the trust withdrew"?

To my knowledge nothing has changed regarding the structure of the club. The trust is the same trust as it always was

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still trying to get answers about the 25 years of service that appeared on my MF papers this past year. My last purchase to my trust was the Great Smokies Lodge in 2012 which voted to exit from CWA program in November 2016. 1966-1991 equals 25 years of Fairfield (fairshare vacation owners association trust)

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Anyone know how late it goes?

Edit.. oh, nevermind. I see Jan has 3:30 in her post.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
(doors open at 10:15 a.m.)
General Session & Giveaways
(Must be present to win)

12:00 - 1:30 p.m. Appetizers/Refreshments
12:00 - 3:30 p.m. CLUB WYNDHAM Open House Participants
12:00 - 3:30 p.m. Owner Help Center
12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
1:15 - 1:45 p.m.
2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
2:45 - 3:15 p.m. Education Sessions
The World at Your Fingertips (RCI)
Hidden Gems of Your Membership (Wyndham Rewards)
1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Education Sessions
Finding Your Way: Understanding Your Membership
12:45 - 1:15 p.m.
1:25 - 1:55 p.m.
2:10 - 2:40 p.m.
2:50 - 3:20 p.m. Executive Roundtables
2:15 p.m.
2:30 p.m.
2:45 p.m.
3:00 p.m.
3:30 p.m. Bus Departure - Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
3:30 p.m. Bus Departure - Star Island & Wyndham Cypress Palms

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Las Vegas
It is not Jury Duty at all, you will like it. It really is a lot of fun, even in the abbreviated format.

I arrive Tuesday around 7:30 PM and depart Friday around 9AM. I am open in getting together either Tuesday Night or Wednesday morning. I am staying in Tower 6, 3 bdrm presidential reserve - I hope.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well, I got out of Wyndham several years ago so I'm not familiar with website debacle beyond what I've read here. But my vote for the ugliest change was when they flat-out cancelled the internal exchange program claiming low usage after deliberately taking a series of steps (price hikes, fewer eligible properties, no catalogs) to make it less enticing.

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sad, I was hoping to watch it while I was at work but now they scheduled an all day meeting. Wanted to see the show they put on. I am sure people will be posting here what happened.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
I'm livestreaming now! We'll see how long I last!

iaminak

Reaction score
Is anyone else watching?!? I hope the 2 old guys pop up and give him a hard time too!!! :thumbup: