• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Vows to Give Epcot a Magical, Long-Overdue Makeover

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Disney Vows to Give Epcot a Magical, Long-Overdue Makeover

By Brooks Barnes
New York Times
July 15, 2017

"Disney’s third-oldest theme park, Epcot, is overdue for a serious sprucing up. And the company is finally ready to write the check, even as it continues to pour money into upgrades at other parks.

Bob Chapek, the chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, hinted last November that major changes were coming to Epcot, which sprawls across 300 acres as part of the four-park Disney World complex near Orlando, Fla. At an event for Disney fans, Mr. Chapek said the 35-year-old Epcot, best known for the giant golf-ball-looking sphere at its entrance, would one day become “more Disney, timeless, relevant, family friendly...."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/15/business/media/disney-epcot-theme-parks.html

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
EPCOT needs some major updates. As much as I appreciate the new Soarin' and Frozen rides, so many of the buildings are wasted space or tired rides. Ellen's Energy Adventure, the Events pavillion, the movie theater that was Captain EO then Honey I Shrunk The Audience, then Captain EO again and now some awful animation movie, Journey into Imagination, even Mission Space is a bomb anymore. Then there's the "Odyssey Center" - what the heck is that? They need to build a ground level entrance to Soarin so we don't have to walk all the way up the ramp, then ride down the escalators just to get to the ride. There's a walkway already there - I've used it as an exit when there was too much traffic in the building. Just open it up!

Last edited:

markestacio

Reaction score
I have to agree with that. Major changes should happen to bring in fresher experience for those who are not first-time visitors.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
What about add Russia or Poland to the world showcase. I could go for pierogie in EPCOT.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Our only trip to EPCOT was in 1987/1988. The best meal I'd ever had up to that date, and still certainly in my top ten, was in the Morrocan pavilion. Food was excellent, tea pouring "ceremony" at the end of dinner was memorable, and OMG the dessert pastries!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Our only trip to EPCOT was in 1987/1988. The best meal I'd ever had up to that date, and still certainly in my top ten, was in the Moroccan pavilion. Food was excellent, tea pouring "ceremony" at the end of dinner was memorable, and OMG the dessert pastries!

If you liked that, you should go for the Internat'l Food & Wine Fest each Fall.
Lots of good stuff.

But agree that EPCOT had gotten old+tired and needs attention.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Food & Wine Fest each Fall.
The park is nearly hosting year-round festivals. In addition to Food & Wine Festival (from 8/31-11/13), they also host the Festival of the Arts (aka "Art & Food & Wine") in January/Feburary, and the Flower and Garden Festival (aka "Plants & Food & Wine) from early March through mid-May. It won't be long before there is a festival year-round in the park...about the only times left are the winter holidays and peak summer.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
What about add Russia or Poland to the world showcase. I could go for pierogie in EPCOT.
Go during the Food and Wine Festival and there is a Poland stand selling just what you want.

Pietin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham-Glacier Canyon, Star Island, Cypress Palms, Pagosa Spring, Kingsgate, DVC - OKW, VGF
Go during the Food and Wine Festival and there is a Poland stand selling just what you want.
Just haven't had the opportunity to go then with kids on school but it is on my Disney bucket list.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
Well, I called the first one - Ellen's Energy Adventure is closing. Also closing is the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood Studios.