• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Looking for info on grandluxxe residence in nuevo-vallarta

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
I was searching different places to vacation and came accross this resort. I have never been to nuevo vallarta. We have a pending request through II for Cabo, and I was thinking of adding this also to the list. Looking for opinions from people who have been to both Cabo and Nuevo Vallarta. How different are the areas? We live in NJ. Is one easier to get to than another? We will be 2 couples 50+ years.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We prefer the Nuevo/Puerto Vallarta area more than the Cabo area. We found that in Cabo, most people like to got to the restaurants and bars and stay quite a while. We never have been too interested in going out at night - even when we were younger. We like to have dinner early and be at the resort when it gets dark. We can relax on our deck or on the beach and watch the sunset.

The Grand Luxxe in Nuevo units are awesome. There are lots of restaurants on the property and Santuario has lots of entertainment in the evening. The pools are awesome and the beach is very wide and long.

It just depends on what you like to do.

vlapinta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Watch at Grand Dunes
We prefer the Nuevo/Puerto Vallarta area more than the Cabo area. We found that in Cabo, most people like to got to the restaurants and bars and stay quite a while. We never have been too interested in going out at night - even when we were younger. We like to have dinner early and be at the resort when it gets dark. We can relax on our deck or on the beach and watch the sunset.

The Grand Luxxe in Nuevo units are awesome. There are lots of restaurants on the property and Santuario has lots of entertainment in the evening. The pools are awesome and the beach is very wide and long.

It just depends on what you like to do.
We like to relax at the beach, or pool. My husband likes to golf and fish. We also like to snorkel. We enjoy going out to eat but also like to eat in some nights. We are not big bar and drinking people.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We like to relax at the beach, or pool. My husband likes to golf and fish. We also like to snorkel. We enjoy going out to eat but also like to eat in some nights. We are not big bar and drinking people.

Well, there are 2 golf courses on site. We do not golf, but have heard that the new one is awesome (but quite expensive). The balconies are awesome at Grand Luxxe. Vallarta Adventures can take you to some great snorkeling places.

Check my photos for 2013 and 2014 for pictures of a 2 bedroom Grand Luxxe unit. The Villa, Spa and Loft units are even nicer.

LWBphotog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
I was searching different places to vacation and came accross this resort. I have never been to nuevo vallarta. We have a pending request through II for Cabo, and I was thinking of adding this also to the list. Looking for opinions from people who have been to both Cabo and Nuevo Vallarta. How different are the areas? We live in NJ. Is one easier to get to than another? We will be 2 couples 50+ years.

We were the Grand Luxxe in Nuervo in June and absolutely loved it! 5 star all the way. I heard from several Vidanta owners that the Cabo property is under construction rebuilding from the hurricane 2 years ago and did not make for a nice vacation. I would suggest the Nuervo location as it beautiful. Not a bad suite in the house. Enjoy!

Luckytimer

Reaction score
We were the Grand Luxxe in Nuervo in June and absolutely loved it! 5 star all the way. I heard from several Vidanta owners that the Cabo property is under construction rebuilding from the hurricane 2 years ago and did not make for a nice vacation. I would suggest the Nuervo location as it beautiful. Not a bad suite in the house. Enjoy!
We have an opportunity to exchange into the Grand Luxxe Villa NV in September. It's a 2 bedroom 2.5 bathroom sleeps 8/6 partial kitchen. It's 1876 sq feet. Wondering if that's the size you had. What tower were you in? Do you think the grounds are wheelchair accessible? Someone said that September is unbearably hot/humid and did not recommend September. What are your thoughts? Thank you,

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
When people talk about late nights and party behavior they are normally talking about Cabo San Lucas. We never stay there. We stay in San Jose del Cabo. We are in most night by 8pm, except on Thursday Nights. On Thursday Nights San Jose del Cabo has an Art Walk where the Galleries stay open late and have Artists present. There is a Gran Mayan in San Jose del Cabo. Actually we like Cabo Azul better. The Airport is actually nearer to San Jose del Cabo. Though I do admit that most of of the Fishing and Snorkel Boats are out of Cabo San Lucas. There is Golf in San Jose del Cabo. Most activities - Fishing Trips, Snorkel Trips, Sunset Cruises - will provide round trip transportation from your Resort. As for flights I doubt you can direct flights to either location ffrom the East Coast.

As for snorkeling in Cabo there are two ways to do it. Pay for a Snorkel Boat Tour (includes food and drink) and they take you either to Playa Santa Maria or Playa Chileno. Then you get to enjoy snorkeling with a hundred other tourists, many whom have never snorkeled and have been drinking. Rent a car and drive to Playa Santa Maria or Playa Chileno. Arrive about 8am no crowds, wind, or waves. Have a great time and when the snorkel boats pull in a couple hours later go sit under your palapa and pull a nice cold water and sandwich out of your cooler. Wait for the hoats to leave and then go back in or head back to the resort.

Another great snorkel activity is to snorkel with the Whale Sharks in La Paz.Hard to do from Neuvo Vallarta. This is best from November to February. Again they will provide round trip transportation. There will be breakfast at Hotel California in Todos Santos (total waste of time) or a lunch in La Paz (better deal). Todos Santos is not worth visiting. Most people do not realize there is no tie between the Eagles/song Hotel California and Todos Santos/hotel Hotel California.

Oh we are in our 60's and we do this stuff. We also zipline, etc.

LWBphotog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta
We have an opportunity to exchange into the Grand Luxxe Villa NV in September. It's a 2 bedroom 2.5 bathroom sleeps 8/6 partial kitchen. It's 1876 sq feet. Wondering if that's the size you had. What tower were you in? Do you think the grounds are wheelchair accessible? Someone said that September is unbearably hot/humid and did not recommend September. What are your thoughts? Thank you,
We were in Tower 1, 3rd floor, two bedroom suite, 2.5 bath. Sleeps 6-8. Plenty of room. Yes, the entire resort is wheelchair accessible. However, the property is huge but they have an excellent tram system, which you will use. I cannot speak to the September weather as I have only been to Mexico at spring break and early June.
I do recommend the property highly, the Punta pool is gorgeous as is the entire property. We will be back again and again and again. Enjoy!

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We stayed in Tower 2 on the 6th floor in 2014. We have the same configuration for our ownership weeks and there is a lot of space and and wonderfully large deck. Our unit has 2 king beds, but there are some with a king and 2 queens.

They do have some trams that are wheelchair accessible. They have lifts and seat belts & locks for the chairs. The concierge on your floor can call for one so it is there when you are ready to leave the building.

I understand that it is hot and humid, but we have not been there then. We tend to go in late November and the weather is wonderful from then until mid-April.